HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2011, 11:43 AM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaguy View Post
I used the hinges that were included with the plane. They work just fine.
Speaking of hinges. I just noticed my port aileron hinge is starting to seperate right in the area of the servo arm.
No surprise. Since it's made of foam it was just a matter of time.
So, I'm asking any of you more erudite Gents if you may have an idea f how to permanently fix it? I'm thinkin either a lil self adhesive monokote across/on the top, or tear it off and put Ca hinges in the middle.
I HATE CA hinges btw.So more points if the answer does not include the letters CA anywhere in it.
Suggestions???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman55 View Post
If I want loops and flips and spins I too fly my mustang or my funjet..I keep this bird level and right side up It is a joy to fly. I did put in some carbon in the wings..they just looked too flimzy to me....
Ditto..
Naval Warfare is offline Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Last edited by Naval Warfare; Apr 25, 2011 at 01:21 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2011, 12:00 PM
United States, DE, Bear
Joined Apr 2007
1,727 Posts
Stalls on Maiden?

I'm taking a survey to satisfy my curiosity. Please respond, if on your maiden flight, you slowed the Cessna
I'm going to post this on a couple other threads. I you see it again, please feel free to respond there as well.

Roger
maguro is online now Find More Posts by maguro
Last edited by maguro; Apr 26, 2011 at 07:59 AM.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 09:24 PM
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2011
276 Posts
Check these out I ordered these for my Cruiser.

http://www.hobbyking.com/UNITEDHOBBI...dProduct=12883

I ordered 4 because of the reviews. I have tortured them through over 100 cycles and all 4 are smooth as silk. I have been testing with my DX8, plug them in and they work first time on AR600 and HK orange 6 CH.

Check thread for modification to be able to steer nose unit.

Very pleased with mine cannot wait to get installed.

Neil
NeilDahl51 is offline Find More Posts by NeilDahl51
Old Apr 25, 2011, 09:57 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naval Warfare View Post
Speaking of hinges. I just noticed my port aileron hinge is starting to seperate
I HATE CA hinges btw.So more points if the answer does not include the letters CA anywhere in it.
Suggestions???

Ditto..
I've used surgical tape with very good results. You can get a small size roll at any drug store or WalMart D/S. Sorta has a fibre weave in it and adheres very well, strong and waterproof. Just wipe the foam down with alcohol to be sure any mold release residue on gone. How many points do I get??
bamaguy is online now Find More Posts by bamaguy
Old Apr 26, 2011, 04:04 AM
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaguy View Post
I've used surgical tape with very good results. You can get a small size roll at any drug store or WalMart D/S. Sorta has a fibre weave in it and adheres very well, strong and waterproof. Just wipe the foam down with alcohol to be sure any mold release residue on gone. How many points do I get??

Unfortunately,due to the dusty, dirt runway I fly from, surgical tape lasts about a week before it gets sand encrusted and comes loose. I tried that stuff long ago on my Cub.Self adhesive monokote doesn't have the porous composition of surgical tape, and I've found it to last much longer under my flying conditions.
I will give ya 10 coolness points for answering though..
Thanks shipmate.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 05:24 AM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,654 Posts
Sorry about yoour runway conditions.....I'd use C.A. then (there go my points). As long as the foam is EPO, they work great and are never comming loose!
bamaguy is online now Find More Posts by bamaguy
Old Apr 26, 2011, 04:15 PM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilDahl51 View Post
Check these out I ordered these for my Cruiser.

http://www.hobbyking.com/UNITEDHOBBI...dProduct=12883

I ordered 4 because of the reviews. I have tortured them through over 100 cycles and all 4 are smooth as silk. I have been testing with my DX8, plug them in and they work first time on AR600 and HK orange 6 CH.

Check thread for modification to be able to steer nose unit.

Very pleased with mine cannot wait to get installed.

Neil

I put a set of those in a Super Sportster about a month ago and so far so good. Just make sure you run them on 5v and not 6v. I was adding an external BEC anyway so it was easy to switch to 5v.

On another note I got to try the retracts out today in the 310 and I love em! This plane looks so nice now with no wheels hanging down.
raz is offline Find More Posts by raz
Old Apr 26, 2011, 05:57 PM
powder springs georgia
Joined Nov 2003
2,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maguro View Post
I'm taking a survey to satisfy my curiosity. Please respond, if on your maiden flight, you slowed the Cessna
I'm going to post this on a couple other threads. I you see it again, please feel free to respond there as well.

Roger
??? slowed to what She will stall as will any plane, but I have found that she gives warning in plenty of time to correct...add power. I land mine pretty slow most of the time...Have had no problem at all with stalling, if thats what you are looking for??
sanman55 is offline Find More Posts by sanman55
Old Apr 30, 2011, 06:37 AM
powder springs georgia
Joined Nov 2003
2,006 Posts
Did my first landing with the flaps.. Me like I had plenty of control with the flaps about 2/3 down...Nice rotation and a soft landing...Just LOVE this bird...
It was windy aloft and it did push her around but nothing I could not correct.,, still I like to fly with little or no winds...
sanman55 is offline Find More Posts by sanman55
Old Apr 30, 2011, 09:22 AM
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman55 View Post
Did my first landing with the flaps.. Me like I had plenty of control with the flaps about 2/3 down...Nice rotation and a soft landing...Just LOVE this bird...
It was windy aloft and it did push her around but nothing I could not correct.,, still I like to fly with little or no winds...
I was hesitant to use mine at first, now I dont fly w/o them. I dont do 2/3. more like 1/4.
On another note. I broke a prop and had a stock spinner just fling off inflight (nother story altogether), so I ordered new props and spinners from Grayson hobby.
The replacements are much cooler than the stock. The props have printing on them which is semi cool. but the spinners..the spinners are a lot shinier and chrome-like than the stock. Just for looks alone they are worth the order.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 11:29 AM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
I've used my flaps a couple times but this plane slows down so nice already I haven't seen the need for them, at least not with any kind of a head wind.
raz is offline Find More Posts by raz
Old May 01, 2011, 10:41 AM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,329 Posts
I recently replaced a prop shaft with a replacement from Grayson as one of mine had a slight wobble, well after flying this morning I have a growling sound from that motor.........back to the hanger !!!
LICobra is online now Find More Posts by LICobra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FMS P-51 4 blade vs 2 blade
Old May 01, 2011, 03:10 PM
USA, FL, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
1,002 Posts
mine comes in tomorrow,cant wait!!
celm is offline Find More Posts by celm
Old May 01, 2011, 03:34 PM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by celm View Post
mine comes in tomorrow,cant wait!!
C...it's a fun bird to fly....I'll be back up in the air as soon as I fix that noisy motor....
LICobra is online now Find More Posts by LICobra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FMS P-51 4 blade vs 2 blade
Old May 01, 2011, 03:41 PM
USA, FL, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
1,002 Posts
so this week i am going to buy the eflite retracts for it
celm is offline Find More Posts by celm