Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 16, 2013, 01:18 PM
VICS71
Thomasville, N.C.
Joined Jun 2007
6 Posts
Ok - I found this graphics guy that did this airplane no problem (just told him what it was). I'm going to do the F-35 64mm in Dale Jr. National guard. If this come out (will be a challenge for him I think) that way it should......I will let you guys know who it is. then you can get great graphics from him as well. And let your buddies know about it also. thanks again.
vics71 is offline Find More Posts by vics71
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2013, 02:47 PM
Joined Dec 2012
25 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the wire that goes to the front steering NOT the power cable,
rubs on the wider battery will be safe and not cut into the battery as i want to but
a bigger battery in which is wider than the 2200 20c i'm using.The bigger batteries are a lot wider 44mm and the push up against the wire that goes from the servo horn to the front retrack
Regards Mal
lech is offline Find More Posts by lech
Old Mar 16, 2013, 02:55 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,223 Posts
The control rod going to the front steering is inside a sheath. Only the wire moves inside. The sheath doesn't move so no "rubbing" as such.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Old Mar 16, 2013, 03:01 PM
Joined Dec 2012
25 Posts
Thanks for your reply XVIPER but mine does not have a sheath just a bare wire
Old Mar 16, 2013, 03:09 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lech View Post
Thanks for your reply XVIPER but mine does not have a sheath just a bare wire
Then you may have a problem. The constant rubbing of the wire could eventually wear a gouge in the battery - not good.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 03:30 PM
Joined Dec 2012
25 Posts
Just had a closer look, and the sheath was right forward managed to push
it back so it's now in the battery compartment so thanks that sent me in the
right direction now all fixed no more bare wire.
Thanks Mal
Old Mar 16, 2013, 07:45 PM
United States, Mt, Libby
Joined Nov 2007
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Just had a closer look, and the sheath was right forward managed to push
it back so it's now in the battery compartment so thanks that sent me in the
right direction now all fixed no more bare wire.
Thanks Mal
You need to double check that sheath. If you were able to move it back so it's in the battery compartment that means it some how moved forward and it more than likely is going to do so again. You need to anchor it in place
Herman Munster is offline Find More Posts by Herman Munster
Old Mar 16, 2013, 08:44 PM
Joined Dec 2012
25 Posts
Thanks for the help it was very hard to bush back, it's always been forward from new have
only been flown 3 times, i'm still learning but what a fantastic plane to fly even better
than my trainer, i will keep my eye on it i don't think it will move
Thanks again Mal
Old Mar 17, 2013, 02:36 PM
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Jun 2007
44 Posts
Got my GC - The good and the bad...

Ok guys. Got my GC, and have been slowly doing mods. Work keeps getting in the way

I've put a CF spar in, and replaced the cowling tape with little magnets. Retracts seem to work ok. That's the good stuff.

Now, the not-so-good stuff.

Packaging is pretty poor on this plane. Parts jostle around in their individual boxes. The fuse and wing had dents/dings, with the wing being the worst. Several of the connectors/wires had gotten out of the center portion of the wing, and were laying on top of the left wing. Something had applied enough pressure (??) to smash them into the foam. One was bad enough that I spackled it.

Also, before I even opened the outside cardboard box that it was shipped in, I noticed something like a metal rod sticking out on one side. Turns out it was the motor shaft for the left motor Nice...

This radio system is wacky, and that's being polite. Finally messed around enough trying to program the ESCs that I got some movement from the motors using the throttle stick. Haven't figured out how to successfully set the throttle endpoints, but recall a post about it. Right now, I'm almost at half-throttle on the stick before the motors turn.

Not sure if you are supposed to program one ESC at a time or not. I figured out all the beeps were both ESCs sounding off, one slightly after the other. The 'Protect' switch seems to have some critical function in getting things to work right, but the included documentation is poor at best.

When I'm lucky enough to get the radio and receiver to sync, I have to toggle that 'Protect' switch to get the motors responding (?).

The ailerons don't move very far using the stick, but during one 'test', they both went to their extremes, so I know they'll move further. Is there a lo/hi rate setting? Endpoints?

What would be nice is a comprehensive programming and setup guide for this system. Has anybody put something together? I've dl'ed the 'factory' programming guides, but they still don't seem to have all the correct information.

There's a lot of good info here, but searching this thread is getting a little old, especially when what seems like good keywords don't return any useful results...
rmikebaker is offline Find More Posts by rmikebaker
Old Mar 17, 2013, 02:56 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,223 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the help it was very hard to bush back, it's always been forward from new have
only been flown 3 times, i'm still learning but what a fantastic plane to fly even better
than my trainer, i will keep my eye on it i don't think it will move
Thanks again Mal
The precise movement of the wire inside is dependent upon the sheath. If the sheath moves, the wire will not move as it should. The sheath must be anchored at least close to each end.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 07:41 PM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Brandon, Fl
Joined Mar 2005
2,499 Posts
Yep - each ESC has to be programmed separaty. Don't let the shipping get you down, she is a great flying plane.

Also, did a dumb thing. I had whacked the motors and eventually wound up replacing them. Yesterday's flight was great but bounced a prop on landing - breaking a shaft. Went to order a couple of new shafts an noted that Dynam has 8x6x3 AND 9x6x3 props. I measured mine and yep, was running the wrong (bigger) props. That extra 1/2 inch makes a big difference for a low wing plane.

Jim
jamesdr is offline Find More Posts by jamesdr
Old Mar 17, 2013, 09:17 PM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,629 Posts
Whew ! Mission Accomplished. Took the GC to my grass club field today for would be a second maiden.. The field hasn't been groomed yet this year and it's a little snarly and weedy. Wanted to see if she would ROG and see if the retracts would hold up on a rather bumpy take off roll and also a landing.

Voila ! She did fine. Short take off roll, rotate, positive rate, gear-up and away she went. Needed 2 clicks of downtrim . Flew beautifully . Flew circuits, greased the landing and taxied her in to the hangar area without a nose over. Scha-weet ! The gasser guys at the field were very even impressed with this plane as most of the park flyer planes with retracts don't do so well.

Now that I've exercised her a bit, I'm going to keep her as a scale flying civilian twin. I'm sure she could be hopped a bit but her role is scale flying, not aerobatic. Very nice plane.

-Hawk
dahawk47 is offline Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:21 AM
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,740 Posts
rmikebaker,
The shipping woes sounds like what happens with the Dynam Catalina. My motor's shaft was also sticking thru it's box but luckily want bent too badly...i.e. still functional.
dude_109 is offline Find More Posts by dude_109
Old Mar 18, 2013, 05:02 PM
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Jun 2007
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_109 View Post
rmikebaker,
The shipping woes sounds like what happens with the Dynam Catalina. My motor's shaft was also sticking thru it's box but luckily want bent too badly...i.e. still functional.
Luckily, the motor shaft wasn't bent.... I don't see how it escaped harm, but it did.
rmikebaker is offline Find More Posts by rmikebaker
Old Mar 19, 2013, 07:49 AM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
1,978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmikebaker View Post
Ok guys. Got my GC, and have been slowly doing mods. Work keeps getting in the way

I've put a CF spar in, and replaced the cowling tape with little magnets. Retracts seem to work ok. That's the good stuff.

Now, the not-so-good stuff.

Packaging is pretty poor on this plane. Parts jostle around in their individual boxes. The fuse and wing had dents/dings, with the wing being the worst. Several of the connectors/wires had gotten out of the center portion of the wing, and were laying on top of the left wing. Something had applied enough pressure (??) to smash them into the foam. One was bad enough that I spackled it.

Also, before I even opened the outside cardboard box that it was shipped in, I noticed something like a metal rod sticking out on one side. Turns out it was the motor shaft for the left motor Nice...

This radio system is wacky, and that's being polite. Finally messed around enough trying to program the ESCs that I got some movement from the motors using the throttle stick. Haven't figured out how to successfully set the throttle endpoints, but recall a post about it. Right now, I'm almost at half-throttle on the stick before the motors turn.

Not sure if you are supposed to program one ESC at a time or not. I figured out all the beeps were both ESCs sounding off, one slightly after the other. The 'Protect' switch seems to have some critical function in getting things to work right, but the included documentation is poor at best.

When I'm lucky enough to get the radio and receiver to sync, I have to toggle that 'Protect' switch to get the motors responding (?).

The ailerons don't move very far using the stick, but during one 'test', they both went to their extremes, so I know they'll move further. Is there a lo/hi rate setting? Endpoints?

What would be nice is a comprehensive programming and setup guide for this system. Has anybody put something together? I've dl'ed the 'factory' programming guides, but they still don't seem to have all the correct information.

There's a lot of good info here, but searching this thread is getting a little old, especially when what seems like good keywords don't return any useful results...
This is what I do when the throttle end point are not at 0 and 100. First, make sure props are taken off the shafts for safety. Then, push throttle all the way to 100%, switch TX on, connect battery to plane. You will hear a few beeps within a few seconds, once you hear the first set of beeps and sounds, pull back your throttle to 0%. You will hear another beep or so. This means she acknowledged the throttle range. Turn off and restart. She should not respond at any input above 0.
captain MoMo is offline Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member