HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:20 AM
Faster is Better
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jul 2012
462 Posts
Oh my... I just bought and built one of these, and was directed to this thread. 174 pages!?!?! This is going to take a while. *sigh* ... page... 1 ...
OldeMan is offline Find More Posts by OldeMan
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:58 AM
Fly and let Fly!
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined May 2010
2,338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldeMan View Post
Oh my... I just bought and built one of these, and was directed to this thread. 174 pages!?!?! This is going to take a while. *sigh* ... page... 1 ...
Hey.. OldeMan... Coming to AZ (ApacheJunction) Wed. To visit In laws.. Recommend any good hobby shops to visit while there? (nearby)? Cliff
Cocg is online now Find More Posts by Cocg
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:47 PM
Faster is Better
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jul 2012
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocg View Post
Hey.. OldeMan... Coming to AZ (ApacheJunction) Wed. To visit In laws.. Recommend any good hobby shops to visit while there? (nearby)? Cliff
Sure, Cliff: National Hobbies on the SE corner of Ellsworth and Baseline, and Viper Hobbies NE of Greenfield and University. Both are reasonably close to Apache Junction. (There might be something worthwhile in AJ itself... but I'm rarely in that area.)
OldeMan is offline Find More Posts by OldeMan
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:08 PM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchrisgo34 View Post
ive also thought it would be neat, if somebody put a cockpit in the 310, and then put a few small bags full of foam in the back of the cockpit. and make it look like its hauling some "cocaine"! the "drug cartels" used these 310"s a lot back in the 80's. & make the pilots look like "drug-lords"!
This talk is exactly why there are people who are actively trying to ban our hobby!
captain MoMo is online now Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:59 PM
Fly and let Fly!
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined May 2010
2,338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain MoMo View Post
This talk is exactly why there are people who are actively trying to ban our hobby!
With the rude reality of this world, If we can't laugh at it and have fun with it, We might as well get out of the hobby and join whomever is "actively" trying to ban the hobby.. Who the is trying to do that anyway.. ? Not enough.. Probably the "No life" people that have misery in there lives and want every one to join them 'cause they lack the ability to be creative and have fun..........!!
Cocg is online now Find More Posts by Cocg
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:17 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,866 Posts
Hey, did anyone try to fly it without the tip tanks?
flyandi is offline Find More Posts by flyandi
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:31 PM
United States, Mt, Libby
Joined Nov 2007
1,420 Posts
Quote:
ive also thought it would be neat, if somebody put a cockpit in the 310, and then put a few small bags full of foam in the back of the cockpit. and make it look like its hauling some "cocaine"! the "drug cartels" used these 310"s a lot back in the 80's. & make the pilots look like "drug-lords"!

While not exactly something I'd do with my planes, it's a JOKE, Personally I think it would be better with small bales that resembled (key word being resembled) weed and Cheech and Chong at the controls.
Herman Munster is offline Find More Posts by Herman Munster
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:18 AM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocg View Post
With the rude reality of this world, If we can't laugh at it and have fun with it, We might as well get out of the hobby and join whomever is "actively" trying to ban the hobby.. Who the is trying to do that anyway.. ? Not enough.. Probably the "No life" people that have misery in there lives and want every one to join them 'cause they lack the ability to be creative and have fun..........!!
Easy,,,,, I agree with you guys.... But I have met people who are doing just that. I know we are joking here but there are uninformed people (call them what you want) who are, and who will get there way if we are not careful and responsible. Have you read the AMA government issues lately? Do you not have FAA NOTAM/TFR (i.e. no RC flight) memos in your area?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:29 AM
High Voltage
Motorcity
Joined Sep 2010
328 Posts
I've flown mine since I got it without tip tanks. Have a bunch of pics a few months back in the thread. Flies awesome ! I also trimmed the tail. She's a fast one. So many flights on this c310, going into my 3rd year now. :-)
shock is offline Find More Posts by shock
Last edited by shock; Feb 05, 2013 at 12:40 AM.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:28 AM
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,659 Posts
"lighten up momo!!!!" being creative with our hobby is the whole point of having "rcgroups"
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:06 AM
United States, Mt, Libby
Joined Nov 2007
1,420 Posts
Quote:
Easy,,,,, I agree with you guys.... But I have met people who are doing just that. I know we are joking here but there are uninformed people (call them what you want) who are, and who will get there way if we are not careful and responsible. Have you read the AMA government issues lately? Do you not have FAA NOTAM/TFR (i.e. no RC flight) memos in your area?
That's a completely different subject matter causing the FAA to look at RC Aircraft the way they are. They are doing it mainly because of all the idiots who are purchasing rc planes/helis and doing stupid things with them like putting cameras on them, filming their next door neighbor with out permission, or putting fireworks on the plane, or mounting airsoft guns on their planes, then posting it on Youtube. Putting that joke load inside the plane has nothing to do with being careful and responsible and if and when the Fun Police try to keep me from doing something as innocent as this, I for one am going to stand up and fight for my right to be able to do so and not give in and let them have their way.
Herman Munster is offline Find More Posts by Herman Munster
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:42 PM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman Munster View Post
That's a completely different subject matter causing the FAA to look at RC Aircraft the way they are. They are doing it mainly because of all the idiots who are purchasing rc planes/helis and doing stupid things with them like putting cameras on them, filming their next door neighbor with out permission, or putting fireworks on the plane, or mounting airsoft guns on their planes, then posting it on Youtube. Putting that joke load inside the plane has nothing to do with being careful and responsible and if and when the Fun Police try to keep me from doing something as innocent as this, I for one am going to stand up and fight for my right to be able to do so and not give in and let them have their way.
OK - guys. I like the discussion and appreciate your points of view. But obviously it is a hobby after all and we don't have to get bent out of shape.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:47 PM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
2,867 Posts
Quote:
"lighten up momo!!!!" being creative with our hobby is the whole point of having "rcgroups"
OK - Lightened up
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:02 PM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
565 Posts
Kinda curious why the box says one thing and the equipment installed is another. The box shows 3300kv (guessing combined motors) with 40A ESC's; the equipment installed is 2200kv (1100kv each) and 30A ESC's What did yours come with?
rcflyinff is online now Find More Posts by rcflyinff
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:29 PM
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,659 Posts
Quote:
OK - Lightened up
what were we talking about? i forgot
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34