HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:50 PM
United States, Mt, Libby
Joined Nov 2007
1,416 Posts
You're going to enjoy the GC, It's one of my favorite planes to fly. I wouldn't bother with the lights unless you plan on flying in the late evening or at night. I've tried 2 different brands of nav lights in other planes and during the day you can't even see them. They look great in the house.
Herman Munster is offline Find More Posts by Herman Munster
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:05 AM
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,646 Posts
that sounds good hawk. sounds like you are going to do her up right. i thought about painting the inside of the cabin black. i'd say it would hide a lot of the wires & stuff you can see through the windows. theres also a nice window ledge, that would make it easy to lay a piece of plywood across, and glue a couple pilots in. if one wanted to. just make sure you balance the props & spinners before you fly. im still waiting on the motors for mine, before i start repairing the crash damage. let us know how it goes
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:07 AM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,661 Posts
Thanks Chrisgo,

I like your platform idea already. Maybe get Sky King and Penny pilot figures. I have a prop balancer but not a spinner balancer. Have to look up how to balance a spinner.

I'll go over to your thread on the YS-11 and see how you're progressing.

-Hawk
dahawk47 is offline Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:34 AM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahawk47 View Post
When the wife's away, RC guys will play! My wife went out of town for a week so no snarly looks or remarks when the UPS man arrives at the door. Expecting large box delivery from Grayson tomorrow. Oh Baby! Can't wait ! I'm in RC heaven for the next week ! Kitchen table cleared. Sports on TV, Pizza, and my two dogs and me !

In anticipation, I've been getting organized based on all of the great advice from within this thread. Ordered special graphics from Callie.Told her to surprise me. Ordered a light kit from Headsup with a rx nicad batt. Has anyone modded the stock lights? The kit was only $12.00 and the battery $7.00. $2.00 to ship as usual. I'll take a look at them and determinine if they are worth the trouble. I'd like to set it up so that the landing lights illuminate when the gear switch is deployed . Probably need to wire these lights into the gear wiring so they work off the gear switch. Might be a youtube on this somewhere.Was even thinking about adding interior cabin lights that come on the same way but I'm getting way ahead of myself.

First things first. Fly the plane !

Already have the CF rod so that should go according to Hoyle. AMbient temp will be over 70F so I don't anticipate retract issues due to cold temps.

We have a club meeting and every month we have a little sidebar 'Model of the Month' contest. You get a plaque with your first win, then wings to add to the plaque with wins thereafter. I won a plaque last year for a scratchbuilt F4J Phantom II foamie. Who knows? Maybe I'll have the C310 ready to enter by Tuesday night.

WIll post pics once I've got her ready for the dance. Thanks again guys for inspiring me to go with the Dynam 310.

Cheers,

Hawk
Could you please post the links to Hoyle (CF rod) & Callie (graphics). I've read a few other posts about Callie, but now have a need for new stickers. Hope to see some pics & video soon
rcflyinff is offline Find More Posts by rcflyinff
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:27 PM
Augermeister
Joined Jul 2011
2,661 Posts
rcflyin,

I loosely used an old expression " According to Hoyle" Hoyle is the authoritative old book on playing card rules, namely Bridge.

For the CF spar, some, but not all have added them as a mod. Some have used arrows, some square CF tubing, some wood dowels, etc. Some run it through the wiring channel. Some carve out a new channel. There's a faction that also believes that if you simply stick to scale type flying ,there is no need for a spar at all. You can search the thread for variants on the spar mod . I'll probably include a spar just as a precaution. Have some CF tubing left over from other projects. I'd hate to have the wings fold up in a high G maneuver and then someone ask: " Did you add the spar?"

On Calli-Graphics, She's done alot of custom graphic vinyl decal work for a variety of planes and heli's: Here's her website: http://www.callie-graphics.com/airplanes.php

I just wanted to try to differentiate mine a little from the stock baby blue Dynam scheme.

Cheers,

Hawk
Last edited by dahawk47; Nov 29, 2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:09 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,646 Posts
dahawk, go on youtube & type in spinner balance. theres a couple vids on there about how to balance a spinner. its been awhile since ive done it, but, i think with some, or most spinners, you have to have the "dubro" balancer.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:10 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Sep 2009
133 Posts
decal

after reading
I just e-mailed Callie for info on Sky King graphics.
Will wait to see back.
And thanks for the address.
chuck
Retired Relic is offline Find More Posts by Retired Relic
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:05 PM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
510 Posts
Thank you dahawk47 for all of the info. I think I will add the spar just to be safe.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:35 AM
Joined Sep 2009
133 Posts
decals

We were asking about the SKY KING Songbird.
Hi Chuck,
I'd be happy to make this set for you! With shipping it would be
$25.00. If you'd like to go ahead and order these, payment can be made
through Paypal, our account is info@callie-graphics.com
Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Callie
Hi Chuck,
I already have the artwork on file for the N5348A version. Or if you prefer the N6817T version, I can do that as well. Just let me know which you prefer, either way the price would be the same. The set would include the crown logos, N#'s, Songbird, Cessna and Flying Crown lettering, Hartzell prop logos and pin stripes. You would need to paint the main colors.
Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Callie

And thats the answere to that quertion
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:07 PM
Augermeister
Joined Jul 2011
2,661 Posts
Awaiting Callie Graphics and new TX

The C310 goes together as about as easy as possible. Was expecting more of a project. Added 1/4 in dia CF tube through the wireway trays. I see what everyone means about the lights. Bought a new light kit from Headsup but might just install these on my old T-28. Looks like a PINA to swap out. I alsohave a backup 6EX on the way. One way to get more model memory is buy a slightly used TX shipped with rx shipped for $90.00. Was going to upgrade to the 8FG but hey? I know have 12 model memory - LOL

Just need to add the graphics , hook-up the wiring and I'm good to go. Going to shelve the flaps for now. Hoping for USPS delivery tomorrow.

Look forward to getting airborne soon ! Very windy this weekend.

-Hawk
Last edited by dahawk47; Nov 30, 2012 at 03:26 PM. Reason: info
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:42 PM
Joined Sep 2009
133 Posts
did you figure out the tail???
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:46 PM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Brandon, Fl
Joined Mar 2005
2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahawk47 View Post
The C310 goes together as about as easy as possible. Was expecting more of a project.
That is typical. Took me longer to apply the stickers than the "build." Interested in seeing what kind of decals Callie will supply. Enjoy the maiden, just let her roll as much as you can to build airspeed before rotating.

Jim
jamesdr is offline Find More Posts by jamesdr
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:35 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,646 Posts
recieved my 4 spinners from "leadershobby" today. $10 for 4 aluminum spinners is awesome. they usually run $25-35 per spinner anywhere else. i got 2 40mm 4mm adaptor, and 2, 45mm 5mm adaptors. they're going to be MUCH better than the crap stock ones. just waiting for the motors & counter rotating props.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:24 PM
Augermeister
Joined Jul 2011
2,661 Posts
Relic,

Yes, initially had the H-stab upside down. -LOL Panic city ! Light went on when I started taking pictures. All good. Just waiting on Callie's shipment of decals. Meanwhile, I think I'll go ahead and add the de-icing boots while I'm waiting.

Doctor Jim, Thanks. Always need all the help I can get. Biggest fear is the grass field, albeit short grass right now.

Chrisgo, I have been giving Leaders a try lately with motors and esc's. Impressed with their service. Miami warehouse to boot. Spinners look great ! I see you have them on the YS-11. Will they fit the C310 ? Might have to give them a go.

It's great when I have the whole house to myself once in a while. Planes, tools,etc spreadout everywhere. Shhhh. While waiting to complete the C310, I've been putzing around doing maitenance on the rest of the squadron.

-Hawk
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:50 AM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
510 Posts
gchrisgo, which ones go on the Grand Cruiser. Gotta get some of those! What's the other aircraft there? Both are lookin good!