SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:56 AM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahawk47 View Post
I think I like the Dynam C310 version better. It's bigger and the Durafly does not come with retracts..
You are correct but I also have the HK version and let me tell you it flies like its on rails right out of the box. Also, the cockpit and fuselage have more details than the Dynam version but it does not have retracts or flaps. Had HK made it a little larger and provided optional or ready flaps with provisions for retracts it would have been great but they have not. Having said all this I like the GC slightly more due to its size, flaps and retracts ;-) oh. And no need to add reinforcement to the HK wing since they have already done that.
captain MoMo is offline Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by captain MoMo; Nov 17, 2012 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Spelling error
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:34 AM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,660 Posts
Since the C310 is out of stock on NP, I may give the YS-11 a go as an interim fix for my twins obsession. Appreciate gchrisgo34 doing the heavy lifting on this one. But I'll check with Grayson too. I've always had good experiences with them. Probably worth the slight premium. Hey, it's Black Friday week !
dahawk47 is offline Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:14 AM
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,646 Posts
thanks dahawk, i dont know how much building experience you have, but this ys-11 is probably going to be my most coplicated build ive yet done. im not worried though. i know im up to the challenge. i always take the time to build my kits the right way. im also always here to help my fellow hobbiests. a couple other things ive noticed about the kit, is, they use real CF spars throughout. thats something ive never seen in a kit. the wings already have CF spars glued in place. and also has metal blind nuts mounted in the wing for screwing the wing on. i just keep getting blown away by the quality.
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:42 PM
United States, DE, Bear
Joined Apr 2007
1,713 Posts
There are at least 3 YS-11 threads. Time to move the discussion there, and get back to the 310.
maguro is offline Find More Posts by maguro
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:54 PM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,660 Posts
Roger that Maguro,

Anything new with the 310 ? Mods, etc? I'm still looking to buy one. Looks to me that the Dynam 310 is the way to go. Maye I'll buy both the 310 and the Ys-11. Love civilian twins. We just need more of them.
dahawk47 is offline Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Nov 18, 2012, 01:43 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,646 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1759358 heres the link to my build. i was wondering when someone was going to say something. thanks for being patient. im looking forward to getting the props & spinners i ordered from HK for my 310. im going to balance the props & spinners before i use them. cant wait to re-maiden with 3-4cell.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:36 AM
United States, Mt, Libby
Joined Nov 2007
1,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchrisgo34 View Post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1759358 heres the link to my build. i was wondering when someone was going to say something. thanks for being patient. im looking forward to getting the props & spinners i ordered from HK for my 310. im going to balance the props & spinners before i use them. cant wait to re-maiden with 3-4cell.
Just out of curiosity, why do you want to fly it with a 4 cell?
Herman Munster is offline Find More Posts by Herman Munster
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:24 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,646 Posts
1, thats what most all of my batteries are. 2. i like my planes to have more power & speed. theres times at the field when you might need more power too. theres been several times when ive started to get in trouble with my plane, and having extra power helped me get out of a situation. and the plane will fly better. im also putting more weight up front, so it'll track better on the ground.
Last edited by gchrisgo34; Nov 18, 2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:23 PM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maguro View Post
Nav, sorry to be late in replying. I'm usually responding on my iPad, and needed my desktop to copy/paste the URLs for the motor spinner. The motor is: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...r_1320kv_.html and the spinner is: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14819. I hope this helps.

Roger
Thanks heaps for the link Roger. They were perfect, so I just bought two of em. I'm using 2x bladed props at present, so I didnt get the 3 blade spinner, although it looks awesome. I got burnt out on the cheapo plastic spinners causing all sorts of issues so I clipped the threads off the shaft and use pressure collets' for now.
Thanks again for taking yer time to post the link.
Good luck Shipmate!

Nav
Naval Warfare is offline Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:33 PM
helter skelter
Central Ohio
Joined Nov 2007
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman Munster View Post
Just out of curiosity, why do you want to fly it with a 4 cell?
Good question.......and when the speed controls and motors can handle the extra voltage, a four cell lipo gives a good boost in power and speed over a three cell. I can really see this grand cruiser being extra fun setup with 4 cell power.
NOTAR 600 is offline Find More Posts by NOTAR 600
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:34 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,858 Posts
A friend has one of these and he has since upgraded the motors and propellers to be counter rotating. The last two times he has tried to fly the plane, it gets airborne and then immediately rolls to the right and crashes hard. He is now on his third wing. Do you all think it could be the ESCs not putting out the same RPM to the left prop as it is to the right? It used to fly fine with the stock setup.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:46 AM
United States, Mt, Libby
Joined Nov 2007
1,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69 View Post
A friend has one of these and he has since upgraded the motors and propellers to be counter rotating. The last two times he has tried to fly the plane, it gets airborne and then immediately rolls to the right and crashes hard. He is now on his third wing. Do you all think it could be the ESCs not putting out the same RPM to the left prop as it is to the right? It used to fly fine with the stock setup.
I would defiantly check that both motors are putting out the same RPM. The timing on the ESCs could be different. Dynam recommends the ESCs be set to High timing.
He isn't lifting off before he has enough flying speed is he? That would cause it to do what you describe also.
Herman Munster is offline Find More Posts by Herman Munster
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:54 AM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Brandon, Fl
Joined Mar 2005
2,500 Posts
Inflight video

The weather - for Fla - was pretty cruddy. Cold north wind blowing directly across the runway. I tried to do a really nice takeoff and landing - got it half done. Winds drifted me off the runway and I was concentrating on a good landing that I lost orientation of WHERE I was. Result banging off the runway and breaking my first prop shaft. Now looking at how to replace it - I really like the stock setup.

Grand Cruiser (6 min 29 sec)

Jim
jamesdr is offline Find More Posts by jamesdr
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:56 AM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Brandon, Fl
Joined Mar 2005
2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69 View Post
...The last two times he has tried to fly the plane, it gets airborne and then immediately rolls to the right and crashes hard.
Sounds like he is rotating early and stalling. the new motors my be giving him the impression of increased power - and they may but, you still need airspeed on a bigger model. Use the runway!

Jim
jamesdr is offline Find More Posts by jamesdr
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:12 AM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdr View Post
Sounds like he is rotating early and stalling. the new motors my be giving him the impression of increased power - and they may but, you still need airspeed on a bigger model. Use the runway!

Jim
How about if he does not have counter rotation? Would it do the same? The current stock model does not have counter rotating props, but the HK 310 does. So, I think his ESC is not programmed the same on both motors or one of his motors is not performing lime it should. Amp checks will tell you the story.
captain MoMo is offline Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member