HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:29 PM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
3,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyinff View Post
Looks like this forum is just about dead, but I'm gonna give it a shot anyway. I'm looking at purchasing this plane with the electric retracts. Any major issues with this plane? Where did you all purchase from? Please let me know as I would like to order ASAP. Thank you in advance.
No not dead ! Veryuch alive! Welcome. I got mine from Nitroplanes.
captain MoMo is online now Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:51 PM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
571 Posts
Thank you for welcoming me to this forum. I ordered and received the Dynam SR22 from Nitro and if I remember right, shipping was around $25. Grayson's plane is more expensive, but I think with the lower shipping cost, it will be a wash between the two companies. I suppose if I did have any issue, I could drive to GA vs flying to CA. The one problem I did have with Nitro was that the plane I ordered showed it coming with a 1100kv motor and it arrived with a 950kv. I contacted Nitro and they said they would exchange the motor if I shipped the old one back. It would have cost to much to do all the shipping back and forth, so I kept what I got. That is what made me look towards Grayson. Thank you for your comments. I will be ordering soon as this will be a Christmas present for my son. I will post any further updates as they occur.
rcflyinff is offline Find More Posts by rcflyinff
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:10 PM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,813 Posts
gchrisgo34 ,

Might just have to give the YS-11 a go along with the 310. Let us know how the build goes. Challenges and pitfalls. I've found some really killer deals from Leaders Hobby on motors. Of course, Headsup is still my favorite site.

-Hawk
dahawk47 is online now Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:11 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,857 Posts
rcflyinff;

I've ordered from both NP and Grayson...no issues from either. I have found it eaiser to obtain customer service from Grayson (the owner is Basil) the few times I had a very minor problem. I recommend Grayson without reservation.
bamaguy is offline Find More Posts by bamaguy
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:45 PM
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahawk47 View Post
gchrisgo34 ,

Might just have to give the YS-11 a go along with the 310. Let us know how the build goes. Challenges and pitfalls. I've found some really killer deals from Leaders Hobby on motors. Of course, Headsup is still my favorite site.

-Hawk
i usually order my motors from rctimer,com, their motors are the same thing as turnigy, just a different label. they've also got a bunch of other stuff. i plan to order the ys-11 motors from them, and they sell 100 neodyme magnets for like $15. dont know what their problem is, but it seems that their site has been down for the last 2-3 days. but, i usually get what i order in a week or so. its from over seas.
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:22 PM
warranty expired
Central Ohio
Joined Nov 2007
1,670 Posts
I'm quite satisfied with the grand cruiser's appearance as being the most accurately rendered, affordable, ready to fly C310R model ever.

And I also love the clean simple lines of this original mid 1950's straight tail C310.

Mike
NOTAR 600 is online now Find More Posts by NOTAR 600
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:25 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,659 Posts
CHECK THESE BEAUTIES!!!!! i just got my retracts from HK. these things are so pretty, i might frame them & buy some more. these will be going on my ys-11. the real plane has double wheels on front and rear. im not a scale nut, but i thought it would be nice to have the wheels be scale if possible. and i wanted the all metal retracts, and they had double-wheel-oleo's, so i ordered them seperate. i ordered the metal retracts, and ordered oleo's to fit. these are surely the nicest wheels & retracts ive ever had. they are all aluminum, even the wheels. and the tires are treaded rubber. and they dont weigh as much as i thought. they're actually quiet light. if you look close, you'll see that the front wheels are a bit smaller than the rear. i also like how the mounts are quiet a bit smaller than normal plastic retracts, so they wont be as visible. theres NOTHING plastic on these. all the linkage & everything is aluminum. they have shock-absorbtion. these will look awesome on the ys-11
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:26 PM
warranty expired
Central Ohio
Joined Nov 2007
1,670 Posts
The huge vertical fin and rudder on the eary 310's makes me think at least one engineer wanted extra steering in case of the loss of one engine.

Mike
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:30 PM
warranty expired
Central Ohio
Joined Nov 2007
1,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchrisgo34 View Post
CHECK THESE BEAUTIES!!!!! these will look awesome on the ys-11
Those look great. Is the YS-11 the other twin prop model you got from HK?

MIke
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:37 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,659 Posts
yeah, this one. they'll look good on there. i keep posting this pic of the HK namc ys-11, hoping i can convince others to buy one
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:08 PM
warranty expired
Central Ohio
Joined Nov 2007
1,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchrisgo34 View Post
yeah, this one. they'll look good on there. i keep posting this pic of the HK namc ys-11, hoping i can convince others to buy one
Slightly off topic.....but I lived in a resort near aspen colorado for 27 years....and flew twice on these old convair twins they used to have.....similar to your YS-11.

Mike
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:18 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Sep 2009
133 Posts
[QUOTE=bamaguy;23276361]rcflyinff;

I've ordered from both NP and Grayson...no issues from either. I have found it eaiser to obtain customer service from Grayson (the owner is Basil) the few times I had a very minor problem. I recommend Grayson without reservation.[

I agree
chuck
Retired Relic is offline Find More Posts by Retired Relic
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:56 PM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
3,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTAR 600 View Post
I'm quite satisfied with the grand cruiser's appearance as being the most accurately rendered, affordable, ready to fly C310R model ever.

And I also love the clean simple lines of this original mid 1950's straight tail C310.

Mike
I also have these retracts from HK and was wondering which plane to pout them on ;-) I think i will cave in and buy the YS-11 ;-) Your first convert.
captain MoMo is online now Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:23 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,659 Posts
go for it momo, and dahawk. ive got a thread started under (rc airliners). these retracts are going to be perfect for this bird. the real plane has double wheels in the front and back. i was just lucky that HK had these struts in the size i needed. theres a couple videos of the hk ys-11 flying on youtube. looks like a sweet flyer. im thinking that when i cut the opennings for the retracts, ill cut them in a way, so i can make gear doors out of them. and have them close when retracted. im betting it will track very well on take-offs and landings with these double wheels made with rubber, and counter props
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:38 AM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,813 Posts
gchrisgo34,

Are you going to start a build log on the YS-11? Have a link for the retracts? I'm getting worn out being an early adaptor.Lead the way for us !

We should start a petiition drive with HK and some of the mfg's like Dynam / FMS / Durafly , etc. to produce more foam electric civilian twins like the 1930's Twin Beech, Tail dragging Lockheed 12A, King Air 200, Piper Commanche, Shrike Aero Commander,etc. Just MHO.
dahawk47 is online now Find More Posts by dahawk47