SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:45 PM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maguro View Post
Get a couple of Hobbyking park 480 motors, Master Airscrew props, and aluminum spinners. You will thank yourself every time you go to fly. The 310 flies beautifully with this combination. Plenty of climb power, but it's not a rocket. I tried 2 blade props and you get more power, but I got tired of mowing the grass. The 3 blades work great on grass, and just look right.
Ya dont happen to have a link to the HK motor and spinner you're referring to do ya? I'd be much obliged for your help.
I too have suffered the engine out issue, (got the wrinkled nose too)
and was considering using eflite 480's, till I found them in the LHS for 60.00 each. Heck, thats what I paid for the whole plane.
Thanks heaps for your help.

Nav
Naval Warfare is offline Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:57 PM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchrisgo34 View Post
i just checked the price on the namc ys-11, and its still on sale for $69.84. (the plane above) thats an awesome deal for a composite fueselage, twin engine model. mine should be here within the next few days. i cant figure out why this model isnt more popular.
$95.00 from US Warehouse. Not much downside at this price. Add servos, motors, esc's, retracts and you're over the C310 in price. But nevertheless, an interesting model indeed. I've had fiberglass fuse planes and the downside is when you ding'em. Still , another civilian twin, albeit, an airliner.

I have a wish list of planes I'd loved to see modeled in foam like the Convair's and the Vickers Viscount. Love the Aero Commander but that's a pipe dream. It takes somebody like Dynam or HK to make the commitment on new molds.
The more I look, the more sold I get on the Dynam C310.
dahawk47 is offline Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:04 AM
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,646 Posts
theres different ways of looking at the value of the model. the 310 comes as a pnp, but the electronics are not very good. theres some room for improvements. when you buy something like the namc ys-11 from HK, you can put your own electronics in it, and make it the way you want it from the start. after i do all the mods and upgrades to my 310, ill have more money in it than the ys-11 ive ordered. so it all depends on how you go about it. some people might be happy with the 310 the way it is. in my experience, i usually prefer to buy a plane as a kit and build it myself. ive hardly ever, if ever, bought a plane and been totally happy with it stock.
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:58 AM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
2,220 Posts
Gchrisgo34 - what motor and ESC do you plan for the YS-11? Also, are you going to install retracts? I hope the model can take servo less retracts since it would look so much better. Please start a new thread on the build. I think I will also go ahead an get one but my build log is piling up and not sure when I will get to it! Thanks!
captain MoMo is online now Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:32 AM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
517 Posts
Looks like this forum is just about dead, but I'm gonna give it a shot anyway. I'm looking at purchasing this plane with the electric retracts. Any major issues with this plane? Where did you all purchase from? Please let me know as I would like to order ASAP. Thank you in advance.
rcflyinff is offline Find More Posts by rcflyinff
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:39 AM
Fly and let Fly!
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined May 2010
2,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyinff View Post
Looks like this forum is just about dead, but I'm gonna give it a shot anyway. I'm looking at purchasing this plane with the electric retracts. Any major issues with this plane? Where did you all purchase from? Please let me know as I would like to order ASAP. Thank you in advance.
Any anticipation of a plane purchase, I'll read the whole thread.. Many folks will not respond to your inquiry 'cause of the redundancy.. Its worth while, for all the wealth of information to make your mind up is more than you will get answered back...just looking at the pictures is a great past time.. For under 200 bucks ..You will not go wrong..
Cocg is online now Find More Posts by Cocg
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:58 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,885 Posts
The only problem I have seen is that the main wing tends to flex really easily; a spar of some sort is the answer to that. My friend's GC has been through hell and back and is on it's third wing. The nose LG is also kind of fragile, but once you learn to land on the mains, that problem goes away.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:19 AM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
517 Posts
Very good, thank you and I will read through. Quick question though, do you all purchase through Nitroplanes without issues? Sorry for thinking this forum was about done, the last posting my computer showed was back in January Glad to see its still goin
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:26 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain MoMo View Post
Gchrisgo34 - what motor and ESC do you plan for the YS-11? Also, are you going to install retracts? I hope the model can take servo less retracts since it would look so much better. Please start a new thread on the build. I think I will also go ahead an get one but my build log is piling up and not sure when I will get to it! Thanks!
im waiting till i get the plane in hand before i order the motors, but, i plan to run 3 and 4cell. counter props. and yes, ill be installing retracts. ive got a thread started in the (cargo planes, airlines) section. i wish someone else would buy one, it'd be nice to build one together. and i cant believe this model hasnt been more popular. i also have a lot of prjects going on, but for the price, and what you get, i couldnt pass this one up. its $95 at the usa warehouse, and $69 at the international. theres a couple 3-4 videos on youtube of it flying.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:35 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,646 Posts
i live a few miles away from grayson hobby, so i drove up there a picked one up. i immediatley put a wing spar in. it nneds a better spar. and i wouldnt fly it with the stock spinners, unless you take the time to balance them well. i didnt balance my spinners, figured they'd be ok. i was wrong, and mine threw a prop because of unbalanced spinner and crashed on my second flight. it spirraled into the ground from about 50ft. up. but my 310 suffered very little damage. id say buy it, but be prpared to do a couple mods. the plane flys great, and is also a very good looking model.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:38 AM
United States, Mt, Libby
Joined Nov 2007
1,416 Posts
Quote:
im waiting till i get the plane in hand before i order the motors, but, i plan to run 3 and 4cell. counter props. and yes, ill be installing retracts. ive got a thread started in the (cargo planes, airlines) section. i wish someone else would buy one, it'd be nice to build one together. and i cant believe this model hasnt been more popular. i also have a lot of prjects going on, but for the price, and what you get, i couldnt pass this one up. its $95 at the usa warehouse, and $69 at the international. theres a couple 3-4 videos on youtube of it flying.
You won't be disappointed in this one. I bought the YS-11 six months ago. I plan on having it ready to fly next spring. I couldn't believe the quality of the kit. It looks beautiful and a very nice fiberglass job. I have a set of Hanger 9 electric retracts for mine and the park 480 for power, with 3 bladed props.
Herman Munster is offline Find More Posts by Herman Munster
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:46 AM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Brandon, Fl
Joined Mar 2005
2,500 Posts
Got mine through Nitroplanes with no issue. Unless you are planning on pylon racing, the additional spar is overkill. With scale flights the wing is perfectly fine.

The stock LED lights are not worth the effort to hook-up.

The nose gear will loosen in the foam mount is you are hard on it. Learn to flair and land on the mains.

No p-factor noticed with the props turning the same way. Would recommend buying a spare or two prop when you order he model. The spinners are cheap and can crack at the base, leaving the prop wildly imbalanced.

Jim
jamesdr is offline Find More Posts by jamesdr
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:47 AM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
517 Posts
Quote:
i live a few miles away from grayson hobby, so i drove up there a picked one up. i immediatley put a wing spar in. it nneds a better spar. and i wouldnt fly it with the stock spinners, unless you take the time to balance them well. i didnt balance my spinners, figured they'd be ok. i was wrong, and mine threw a prop because of unbalanced spinner and crashed on my second flight. it spirraled into the ground from about 50ft. up. but my 310 suffered very little damage. id say buy it, but be prpared to do a couple mods. the plane flys great, and is also a very good looking model.
That's sweet. Wish I lived close to go and pick it up. Read some scary stuff about Grayson and their shipping procedures. Not sure what to do. Nitro or Grayson
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:47 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,646 Posts
FINALLY, someone else smart enough to see a great value in this plane!!! Ive been impressed with every plane ive ever bought from HK. this will be mw first fiberglass & balsa plane. try & buy a plane like this anywhere here in the US, and you'll be spending 4-5 times the amount of money. i figured people would be waiting in line for this beauty. people probably dont buy it, because theres no thread here about it. and they're weary about buying something they dont have much information about. but, ive always been impressed with what ive gotten from HK.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:14 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyinff View Post
That's sweet. Wish I lived close to go and pick it up. Read some scary stuff about Grayson and their shipping procedures. Not sure what to do. Nitro or Grayson
I've purchased quite a few orders from Grayson and I live in Canada. I've never had any issues with their "shipping procedures". I've never bought anything from NP because of their exorbitant cross border shipping rates. You're a lot closer to Grayson, so I would imagine the shipping costs would be marginally lower.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper