HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 09, 2012, 05:16 PM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
2,010 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocg View Post
Gotta Jump in.. This plane is so docile.. Whats with all the gyro garb? Really.. It isn't needed on this one.. Or near needed..!!
I was just experimenting... agree that the GC does not need it (nor do any other planes that I fly...... but just having some fun here..... ;-)
captain MoMo is online now Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2012, 05:25 PM
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,640 Posts
it doesnt need a gyro, but, ive got a couple laying around not doing anything. so why not put one in. it also allows you to fly on windy days, when otherwise, people might not want to fly. its also just fun to experiment with.
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34
Old Nov 09, 2012, 05:28 PM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
2,010 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchrisgo34 View Post
it doesnt need a gyro, but, ive got a couple laying around not doing anything. so why not put one in. it also allows you to fly on windy days, when otherwise, people might not want to fly. its also just fun to experiment with.
ditto
captain MoMo is online now Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 09, 2012, 05:43 PM
Fly and let Fly!
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined May 2010
1,860 Posts
Okee Dokieee.. Experimenting .. The hobby at large..!!
Cocg is online now Find More Posts by Cocg
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Updating Hangar (a little)
Old Nov 09, 2012, 06:55 PM
High Voltage
Motorcity
Joined Sep 2010
328 Posts
I only like using gyros on fixed wings if I can turn it off in the tx during flight.
shock is offline Find More Posts by shock
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:27 PM
United States, DE, Bear
Joined Apr 2007
1,569 Posts
I agree. That's another reason I like the KK2. I can switch stabilization on and off.
maguro is online now Find More Posts by maguro
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:38 PM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,632 Posts
Still yearning for the 321. Been also looking at the Cermark C421 and the Beech B60 Duke. Any opinions on these ? The Duke looks great but with a 5ft WS maybe a monster to transport in my sedan. I also fly off a grass field and I hear the retracts on the 60 are not as good as Dynam's. Not sure on that. It does seem like alot of plane for the money though. The C321 is less $$ and is slightly less plane. Decisions , Decisions !

Hoping to pull the trigger on Black Friday when Nitroplanes usually has a pretty good sale. Been watching the Facebook page for any updates.

-Hawk
dahawk47 is offline Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:41 PM
United States, DE, Bear
Joined Apr 2007
1,569 Posts
I have the 421. It is a great plane, but like most foamies it needs some mods. I fly off of grass, and the lg struts are barely up to the task. The wings come off the 421 making it easy to transport.

I got my 421 for $100. At that price it is a fantastic deal. The Cermark 421 is a lot pricier, so you have to decide if it is worth the price to you. If you are interested I can post a photo of the 310 and 421 together.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 10:19 PM
Augermeister
Joined Jul 2011
2,632 Posts
Thanks Maguro,

That would be great. There are not many Civilian twin electrics to choose from in the $100- $200 range.There's also the Dynam DC-3. Oh well.

From all that I've read in this thread, the C310 looks like a winner. Which C421 do you have? $100 is a steal on just about anything. The Duke B60 would be a great deal at $150.00, but it's closer to $200.00 and almost always sold out.

I think timing is everything in getting the best possible deals on these planes. I'm the guy that usually buys near list and then hears from someone bragging that they just paid 50% less. and got free shipping. LOL
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:36 AM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Sep 2009
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahawk47 View Post
Thanks Maguro,

I think timing is everything in getting the best possible deals on these planes. I'm the guy that usually buys near list and then hears from someone bragging that they just paid 50% less. and got free shipping. LOL
Amen to this.....LOL
Retired Relic is offline Find More Posts by Retired Relic
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:21 PM
Augermeister
Joined Jul 2011
2,632 Posts
Maguro,

Can you clue me in on which C421 you have? CMP ARF version ? That's quite a deal for a 421. The more I think about it, the C321 is looking like better choice for me.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:42 PM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Brandon, Fl
Joined Mar 2005
2,499 Posts
dahawk - pull the trigger on this bird. You will NOT be disappointed unless you don't like complements and folks watching your model fly.

Jim
jamesdr is offline Find More Posts by jamesdr
Old Nov 10, 2012, 04:28 PM
United States, DE, Bear
Joined Apr 2007
1,569 Posts
I have the ZD-Fly 421. It's the one sold by Cermark.

Before Cermark started selling them, a number of sellers on Ebay had them. I saw one go for $89 shipped. I found out about them from a friend who bought a couple on Ebay, and sold me one for $100. At that he made a few bucks. I just saw one in the electric airplanes for sale forum for $225 local pickup. I can't believe how much the stores are getting for this plane. It's big and beautiful for sure. The people on Ebay were making money selling for under $100 shipping included, now the shops want twice that.

Here is a review of the plane by 2Brothers Hobby: http://2bfly.com/reviews/zdfly-zd-42...twin-review-2/.

Here are a couple shots of my wife with her Cessnas: The photo of both planes doesn't give an accurate idea of the true size of the 421. The shot of her holding the plane does.
Last edited by maguro; Nov 10, 2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 05:33 PM
Augermeister
Joined Jul 2011
2,632 Posts
Thanks Maguro

Wow ! It's a big one alright ! Thanks for the picture ! I saw that the guy from Houston selling his here on RCG for $225.00. That's more than what Cermark sells the PNP version for ( $199.00 plus $12.00 shipping to DFW). Looks like I could not go wrong with either. Both have great reviews. Assuming you were flying off a grass field and they they were the same price, which one would you pick ? I like the B60 Duke as well but that one calls for 4S.

I'll wait and see what Black Friday brings on Nitroplanes and pull the trigger then.

Thanks again !
Old Nov 10, 2012, 05:44 PM
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maguro View Post
I'm a fan of the Hobbyking KK2 board http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rol_Board.html. The KK2 board has 3 axis gyros and 3 axis accelerometers. It requires no outside software to program. Everything is on board. I use Openaero2 software on it. With OA2 one has the option of both flight stabilization and/or autolevel from a flip of a switch on your transmitter. Ive tried it on my 1200mm (48") foam SE5a, and it works beautifully. Tuning each gyro is as simple as pushing a few buttons. It also allows servo reversal, gyro and accelerometer reversal, tons of mixes, etc., etc. It's amazingly cheap and easy to use.
thats a fascinating little board. ive got a question i havent been able to find an answere to about that board. i have a dx6i, and im running my 310 as a 6 channel plane. is there any way to switch between the flight modes on the kk2 if im already using all my channels?
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34