HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 28, 2010, 04:15 AM
Eastbourne UK
Joined Aug 2010
50 Posts
Help!
Snap Flaps Aurora 9

Can anyone help with programming snap flaps with the Aurora 9? I don稚 see a dedicated mix for them so I知 guessing it will be a custom mix but I知 struggling. Any help much appreciated, cheers Phil.
phiza2 is offline Find More Posts by phiza2
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2010, 02:36 PM
AKA RustyKnee
Dorset, UK
Joined Dec 2006
318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phiza2 View Post
Can anyone help with programming snap flaps with the Aurora 9? I don稚 see a dedicated mix for them so I知 guessing it will be a custom mix but I知 struggling. Any help much appreciated, cheers Phil.
I don't have one but have been looking at this radios snap flap functionailty

Looks liek its called Ele-Cam on this, page 95.

Anyone know if you can do non linear snap flap with this? ie can you bring the camber in early with elevator and then have it hold position as more elevator is brought in?

I can't see many reference to curves in the pdf manual, and the find function doesn't work in this psf for some reason for me.

Stu
Stuart B is offline Find More Posts by Stuart B
Old Sep 28, 2010, 11:42 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,190 Posts
Yes, Snap flap is ELE-CAMB.

With the Aurora there are so many ways to do things so if the fixed mixing doesn't get you where you want to do I have found that utilizing one or more of the 8 flight conditions and/or linier or 7 point P-mixes can get around almost any roadblock.

There are at least three ways to manipulate ailerosn, flaps and elevator with CAMBMIX, FLAPCON, and AIRBRAKE with the first two being able to have multiple settings per flight condition.

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old Sep 29, 2010, 04:33 AM
Eastbourne UK
Joined Aug 2010
50 Posts
Stu & mike,
Thanks guys for your help, i'll start playing & see if I can get it working.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 06:52 AM
Eastbourne UK
Joined Aug 2010
50 Posts
Ok got the ELE-CAMB working but now not sure how to stop the ailerons going linear with the elevator.

I was looking at programmable mixes but as i have 2 servos in the wing wired separately i cannot find a 3 option (aileron 1, aileron 2 & elevator) mix.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 10:56 AM
AKA RustyKnee
Dorset, UK
Joined Dec 2006
318 Posts
Quote:
Ok got the ELE-CAMB working but now not sure how to stop the ailerons going linear with the elevator.

I was looking at programmable mixes but as i have 2 servos in the wing wired separately i cannot find a 3 option (aileron 1, aileron 2 & elevator) mix.
Are the ailerons moving with the flaps? If so that what snap flap does, the whole trailing edge drops with elevator.

Stu
Old Sep 29, 2010, 10:57 AM
AKA RustyKnee
Dorset, UK
Joined Dec 2006
318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post
Yes, Snap flap is ELE-CAMB.

With the Aurora there are so many ways to do things so if the fixed mixing doesn't get you where you want to do I have found that utilizing one or more of the 8 flight conditions and/or linier or 7 point P-mixes can get around almost any roadblock.

There are at least three ways to manipulate ailerosn, flaps and elevator with CAMBMIX, FLAPCON, and AIRBRAKE with the first two being able to have multiple settings per flight condition.

Mike.
intersting Thanks
Old Sep 29, 2010, 02:36 PM
Eastbourne UK
Joined Aug 2010
50 Posts
Stu,

Yes the ailerons are now working like flaps when the elevator is moved which is what I知 after. I didn't know whether you could adjust the curve of application so the ailerons come in early then hold as the elevator travels through to its end point. Having thought about it I think it would probably work better if the ailerons were linear anyway
Old Sep 29, 2010, 05:15 PM
AKA RustyKnee
Dorset, UK
Joined Dec 2006
318 Posts
Quote:
Stu,

Yes the ailerons are now working like flaps when the elevator is moved which is what I’m after. I didn't know whether you could adjust the curve of application so the ailerons come in early then hold as the elevator travels through to its end point. Having thought about it I think it would probably work better if the ailerons were linear anyway
Ah ok. Yeah linear is "normal", but fir my glider(Vikos) I have a recommended setup to bring it on early. I have taken the multiplex m-link route now, but I was interested for a friend who is looking at going 2.4.

Stu