HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Sid3ways, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 02:37 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
Note: You can get the special price yourself two ways: 1) Have a platinum HK account bestowed upon you;

- Steven
Wait? I have a Platinum HK account. but I do not get any special pricing
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2011, 02:40 PM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,254 Posts
I'm sure you do

Go to: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...?idProduct=654

What is the price?

Now log in and go back (and refresh)... what is the price?

Ok, that's an underwhelming example (only 2c difference!) but it should make the point.

- Steven
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old Mar 22, 2011, 02:44 PM
Joined Oct 2004
202 Posts
s mack Ehem, not to shamelessly promote... especially since this HK screwup has hobbled my software's primary selling point

Still got your hand out for money I see. What makes you think it is an HK screwup.

Its no coincidence the odd time swarmcharmer did work HK changes something on thier web site, obviously to stop swarmcharmer.

You and your 14 customers are ruining the swarm sales for the thousands of HK customers who are quite happy with the one swarm item per cart rule that HobbyKing has. Yes their system had a few glithches but it worked. Now because of you it dosent work at all.
Brad-A is offline Find More Posts by Brad-A
Last edited by Brad-A; Mar 22, 2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 02:52 PM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,788 Posts
Brad-A, its a problem HK's end cos even legit swarms are getting rejected/ You don't get the message do you? Just give up with trying to put S-S_mack down for his efforts, because he isn't listening and i sure as hell know i'm not (that probably goes for everybody else).
Bowerz is online now Find More Posts by Bowerz
Old Mar 22, 2011, 02:54 PM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,254 Posts
No surprise, you being your same pain in the arse self...

I know most people just ignore you Brad-A aka Super Troll... but for the 1% that don't, I have to waste my time responding to your drivel.

Me and my 14 customers (and that's pretty accurate - good guess) are such a tiny minuscule fraction of the thousands of HK customers... you said so yourself... that it is inconceivable that it made any impact at all. You give me too much credit and at the same time, not enough. If HK had any idea SwarmCharmer existed and if they had a problem with it... they would have contacted me. Its not like I'm hiding. In past "posts" (if you can even call what you do "posting"), you've alluded to me as a "hacker". I've not "hacked" anything. Swarm Charmer only ever helped people make sense of an extremely convoluted setup that HK put out. There's no way that HK made changes specifically to thwart Swarm Charmer. They made the changes to thwart fake swarming in general. Which *IS* what Swarm Charmer does.... BUT IT IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU ALL ARE DOING HERE AS WELL! Their efforts are misguided, and has nothing to do with me.

Now go back down your hole.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 02:58 PM
Joined Oct 2004
202 Posts
What your trying to do is hacking. If I were HobbyKing I would be hitting you with criminal charges
Brad-A is offline Find More Posts by Brad-A
Old Mar 22, 2011, 03:07 PM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,254 Posts
You have absolutely no understanding of the terms you use.

To "hack" (in the terms you're referring to) means to gain access to another network, system, etc. Swarm Charmer uses a STANDARD http browser to surf their site the EXACT same way you do when you go there on your computer. So I'm not hacking it any more than you are. I'm just better at not hacking it than you are

100% of the magic that takes place is done on the CLIENT computer. I have no unauthorized access to HK's servers. I don't modify their code in any way, shape or form. I haven't bypassed any security. NOTHING I've done falls into the category of "hacking" and you're a fool to state otherwise.

Criminal charges? The ONLY thing even remotely criminal is the libelous statements you've made about me. And yes, that is a crime (well, technically a tort).

And again... if HK had ANY problem with what I've done... wouldn't the first step (long before calling the Justice League) be to send me an email?

Again... hole... go down it. Stay.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 03:14 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
I'm sure you do

Go to: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...?idProduct=654

What is the price?

Now log in and go back (and refresh)... what is the price?

Ok, that's an underwhelming example (only 2c difference!) but it should make the point.

- Steven

Any user will get this discount no???

witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old Mar 22, 2011, 03:16 PM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,254 Posts
Nope. That's your awesome bonus for being a preferred customer!

Lol... ok, it was a really bad example because its so small. But many items have a special/platinum price that's very near the swarm price. Other products have NO swarm discount, but still have a special price. I've yet to see an example where the swarm price is higher than the special price... but I wouldn't put it past them.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 03:24 PM
Everything is Upgradeable.
USA, FL, Gainesville
Joined Aug 2010
1,036 Posts
Brad-A are you even in the USA? Sounds like you work for hk. Yes they provide lower prices but also hurt the companies here is the states. We the hobbyist send thousands to a company that could care less if the product works or not. They started this whole swarm crap and not s_Mack so live with it.
postalflyer72 is offline Find More Posts by postalflyer72
Old Mar 22, 2011, 03:30 PM
Suspended Account
AK
Joined Dec 2010
339 Posts
Here is an example of Platinum($49.99), Special($59.99) and List($69.99) price.

EagleTree MicroPower E-Logger V4 with Wire Leads, 80Volts, 100 Amps

Edit: Oops sorry, forgot to list the Swarm price: $46.36
Katabatic is offline Find More Posts by Katabatic
Last edited by Katabatic; Mar 22, 2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 03:37 PM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,254 Posts
Well... sorta.... they aren't very clear on their pricing levels so I'm going to be clear on what I mean by them. Using that example Katabatic put up... "list" doesn't apply to any of the terms I've used. That's not even a price you can pay on HK if you try. "Special" in the post above is what I (and Swarm Charmer) refer to as "regular" price... that's the price you'd pay if you have less than a Platinum account and/or you aren't using Swarm Charmer and/or you don't wait for the maybe-it-likes-me pop up. "Platinum" in the post above is what I/Swarm Charmer refer to as "Special".

That product is an excellent example though (thank you)... to compare... the available swarm price (if swarms were working) is only $46.36. So you can see that (in this case anyway) there isn't always much more benefit to swarm vs. special/platinum pricing.

- Steven
Old Mar 22, 2011, 04:04 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Nov 2008
803 Posts
s_mack: just ignore that troll. The more people respond to his posts the more he achieves his goal, which is to annoy ppl. Just ignore him and pretend there's a child who's learning how to use a forum and is posting nonsense stuff on it.
nguyen.tran is offline Find More Posts by nguyen.tran
Old Mar 22, 2011, 04:06 PM
I'm a Mac ;)
United States, AR
Joined May 2010
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycoldface View Post
s_mack: Just ignore that troll. The more people respond to his posts the more he achieves his goal, which is to annoy ppl. Just ignore him and pretend there's a child who's learning how to use a forum and is posting nonsense stuff on it.
S.R.G. is offline Find More Posts by S.R.G.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 04:06 PM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,254 Posts
Pretend?