HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Toppers, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 10:35 AM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined May 2008
1,939 Posts
Discussion
Mount #1 - Trojan with HK motor mount

This was my first custom mount and used the gold alu mount from HK. The pictures really tells the story but here's some of the details...

Cut out disc from 1/4" ply. After marking and drilling the holes for the firewall screws and the motor mount screws, I drilled out the centre to allow cooling air to the ESC and battery. The motor mount screws were counter-sunk.

The motor was mounted behind the front of the mount to allow me to use the stock prop adapter (I like the stock Trojan props) (which also really protects the motor is it's own safety cage). Cowl fits with very little adjustment (not shown).

Final two pictures show the motor post a major nose in which wrote off the fusilage. The motor shaft snapped cleanly off but was otherwise undamaged. The motor has been reused since the other way around, with the bolt on Turnigy prop adapter.
Toppers is offline Find More Posts by Toppers
Last edited by Toppers; Sep 27, 2010 at 10:42 AM.
to remove ads between posts