HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by UBILDIT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 10:45 PM
Victoria Super Mortem
BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA
Joined Jan 2006
1,459 Posts
Gallery
Turning to the Scale Heli Side

Here's a few pictures of the new Raptor 620E (equivalent to the 50 Titan in size) with the Agusta A119 Scale body on it. The whole package was purchased almost a year ago and I finally got it together. I am using the Thunder Tiger OBL motor for 8-10S and I'll list the rest of the equipment togther in a section. The scale body was definately one of the most challenging things. The instructions for both the heli and the body were pretty good, but I was required to assemble it, fly it as a pod n boom to get everything working correctly, then install it into the fuselage. The cockpit kit was the last of the major "scale" items to go on and really makes a nice difference. Although it's still not fully decalled and weathered like it will be, it's looking pretty good, and those green flybar paddles .."got to go"..

Equipment:
CC Ice 60 HV
3 HiTec 645 MG sevo's for cyclic
1 Airtronics high speed high torque gyro compatible tail servo
JR 770 3D Gyro
Align 6v BEC
Polyquest 4700 MAH 10S 20C Lipo
Rino 1800 Mah 2S lipo for servo's and rx
AR7000

In governer mode "set rpm" on the Ice 60HV, I've set the head speed to around 1900. This netted a max of 23 amps drawn and an average between spool up to landing in a five minute flight of 12-14 amps. Data logging is awesome. Still have a few settings to monkey with and as I landed it right after flying, which was just after these pictures were taken.. I unplugged the battery from the ESC and the negative lead to the speed control came off in my hand.. that was a close one... I'm working on uploading a video of it hovering, but may wait until I actually fly it in a nicer environment.

Down with the sickness!

Bo
UBILDIT is offline Find More Posts by UBILDIT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LaTrax Alias with a 1Si Camera
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2010, 12:21 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,856 Posts
Dude, that thing is sweet. Lets see some pictures of it hovering inverted!

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
Old Feb 18, 2012, 05:55 PM
The effect is sadly temporary
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Joined Oct 2001
1,677 Posts
Still Flying?

Is this still flying? I haven't ever seen it before?

I've been getting a lot more into helis this past season. I picked up a Multiplex FunCopter and finally got some good outdoor flying going all summer, and then I got an MCPx at JR Indoor. Finally doing loops, flips, and rolls. Started practicing aerobatics on the trip to Holiday Electric Fly.

Young punk Adam (actually a close friend, but too young for his own good) came along on that trip, and he's a big fan of helis, so I had to show him both Airwolf, and Blue Thunder. Neither of which he had ever seen!!!

So, after comparing the two side by side, I have decided that Blue Thunder is way uglier cooler than Airwolf. This week I found a 450 sized scale Blue Thunder body, and a 3-blade flybarless kit cheap on the same day. Now I have to talk my self into out of buying it. Of course I'd really love the 700 size Blue thunder, but that is way out of budget.

I believe they have some sort of Heli area at SEFF. I'll be bringing my FunCopter and MCPx to fly inside the tent (not both at the same time ) And just maybe a Blue Thunder....

I'd love to see your helis, scale helicopter flight is a favorite of mine. In fact, my msr runs regular commuter service between the local oil drilling platform (coffee table) and the mainland (dining room table).

Dan
Hippo is online now Find More Posts by Hippo