HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 26, 2010, 03:23 AM
Joined Sep 2010
4 Posts
Help!
Looking for JR DSX7 English Instruction Manual

Hi guys, i've got a second hand JR DSX7, can't handle it at all.
Can anybody post me an English Instruction Manual, please?
Or maybe i can download it from somewhere?

Thank you!
mike1306 is online now Find More Posts by mike1306
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2010, 06:59 AM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,773 Posts
It seems to be very hard to find the DSX7 manual on line. A number of people asking.

But the radio in most respects is identical to the DX7 and I would expect the manual for that radio to cover 99% of your needs. You can find it here:

http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/F...DX7_Manual.pdf

One difference was that the early DXS7 lacked a timer, but I gather that was changed in v3. Another is that the DSX7 can readily be converted between mode 1 (throttle on right stick) and mode 2 (throttle on left stick), whereas the DX7 requires conversion at a service centre.

The DXS7 comes in two versions, one using DSM2 (compatible with Spektrum) and the other DSMJ (not compatible). The DSX7 is sold mainly in Asia, but also in some countries like South Africa and may be available elsewhere.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Sep 27, 2010, 01:00 AM
Joined Sep 2010
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66 View Post
It seems to be very hard to find the DSX7 manual on line. A number of people asking.

But the radio in most respects is identical to the DX7 and I would expect the manual for that radio to cover 99% of your needs. You can find it here:

http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/F...DX7_Manual.pdf

One difference was that the early DXS7 lacked a timer, but I gather that was changed in v3. Another is that the DSX7 can readily be converted between mode 1 (throttle on right stick) and mode 2 (throttle on left stick), whereas the DX7 requires conversion at a service centre.

The DXS7 comes in two versions, one using DSM2 (compatible with Spektrum) and the other DSMJ (not compatible). The DSX7 is sold mainly in Asia, but also in some countries like South Africa and may be available elsewhere.
That helps! Thank you very much, dude!
mike1306 is online now Find More Posts by mike1306
Old Sep 27, 2010, 07:29 AM
Bonnie Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
847 Posts
This site does not list the DSX7 but perhaps it is known by another name in the UK.
http://www.macgregor.co.uk/support/tx-manuals.htm
electrotor is offline Find More Posts by electrotor
Old Sep 27, 2010, 02:25 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,773 Posts
I haven't seen references to the DSX7 being sold in the UK, at least not through regular channels.

Note that unofficially JR is going to a new 2.4 protocol called DSMM. Now is probably not the time to buy the DSMJ version of the DSX7 if one came up for sale, as one would be stuck with buying a very limited range of expensive receivers. The DSM2 version should be OK as it's fully compatible with Spektrum receivers.

For details on what's known about JR plans, see:

http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/
Old Sep 29, 2010, 04:32 PM
United Kingdom, Slough
Joined Aug 2003
1,971 Posts
Why do you say unofficially ? JR (Japan) are bringing out a Frequency Hopping system that is NOT Spektrum based, they WILL be dropping DSM2 in their NEW RADIOS, and will also phase out DSMJ (as that is based on the Spektrum board)

The XG7 is due for release shortly, an updated 11X is scheduled for next year and it wouldn't surprise me if the 12X was also updated at some stage.
theaton56 is offline Find More Posts by theaton56
Old Sep 29, 2010, 05:26 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theaton56 View Post
Why do you say unofficially ? JR (Japan) are bringing out a Frequency Hopping system that is NOT Spektrum based, they WILL be dropping DSM2 in their NEW RADIOS, and will also phase out DSMJ (as that is based on the Spektrum board)

The XG7 is due for release shortly, an updated 11X is scheduled for next year and it wouldn't surprise me if the 12X was also updated at some stage.
That's in line with what I've heard, but I've only seen unofficial discussion and the JR Propo website doesn't show anything.

Please direct us to the official announcement.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 08:22 PM
United Kingdom, Slough
Joined Aug 2003
1,971 Posts
It was "authorised" as a release on a UK forum. http://www.rcmf.co.uk/4um/index.php/topic,73700.30.html 2/3rds of the way down on page 2.

However, someone didn't like this info being released and the info release has dried up.

Though I do admit, it is a nice looking unit

It is available from some websites dotted around the world, and it is hoped to be in the UK in October once it sails through the required tests for CE conformity.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 08:31 PM
United Kingdom, Slough
Joined Aug 2003
1,971 Posts
The JR website is never accurate for items sold outside of Japan. There is absolutely no mention of DSM2 based systems on their website nor are there any 35/36 MHz based units, yet we all know that they exist.

Old Sep 29, 2010, 11:18 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theaton56 View Post
It was "authorised" as a release on a UK forum. http://www.rcmf.co.uk/4um/index.php/topic,73700.30.html 2/3rds of the way down on page 2.

However, someone didn't like this info being released and the info release has dried up.
We've all seen that source -- it looks authentic and I consider it pretty reliable. My point was simply that it's not official. Show me a release from JR or its designated representative. I agree the "authorized" reference seems to indicate that someone confirms it, but I'm not sure who.