SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 28, 2011, 09:14 AM
Kannapolis, NC
Joined Nov 2007
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdoc View Post
Great Idea. Copied your fix but used a heavier LG. Tired of the bending with the stock gear. Guess I need to try landing softer.
dtacmed is offline Find More Posts by dtacmed
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2011, 08:58 PM
Kannapolis, NC
Joined Nov 2007
186 Posts
Anyone tried a Power 10 in the switch yet?
Old Apr 13, 2011, 07:52 AM
Kannapolis, NC
Joined Nov 2007
186 Posts
Is anyone doing anything with the switch ?

Has this forum died ?
Old Apr 21, 2011, 05:30 AM
dusty bible = dirty life
Oklahoma City OK USA Where fakts still exist even if they are ignored
Joined Aug 2000
2,780 Posts
I'm flying mine every week at our club training sessions. Why would you want to change motors, the stock one makes it go vertical?
Majortomski is offline Find More Posts by Majortomski
Old May 03, 2011, 08:59 AM
Kannapolis, NC
Joined Nov 2007
186 Posts
Smoked stock motor. Needing to replace it
Old Jul 18, 2011, 02:02 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1 Posts
Flyzone Switch Motor Mount

I just shredded my motor mount in an unfortunate case of an over-corrected turn (too close to the ground, went straight in). All the components held up pretty well, but I need a new motor mount. With so many of the Switch's parts on backorder, does anyone have a good template for the motor mount. I have some airplane plywood that could easily be cut to the right size.
Thewbie is offline Find More Posts by Thewbie
Old Sep 27, 2011, 08:11 AM
dusty bible = dirty life
Oklahoma City OK USA Where fakts still exist even if they are ignored
Joined Aug 2000
2,780 Posts
Switched from the SuperTiger batt packs (three puffed up this summer) to the Parkzone 3S1800 from the T-28. The Switch LOVES the lghter pack!
Majortomski is offline Find More Posts by Majortomski
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:33 AM
Joined Nov 2011
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacmed View Post
Great Idea. Copied your fix but used a heavier LG. Tired of the bending with the stock gear. Guess I need to try landing softer.
Nice mod, What LG did you use?
ariveroll is offline Find More Posts by ariveroll
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:57 AM
Joined Nov 2011
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdoc View Post
By the way when your ready for Carbon Fiber landing gear let me know. I have just the set.............
Do you have them? Or, which ones do you reccomend?
ariveroll is offline Find More Posts by ariveroll
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:55 AM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
4,001 Posts
boatdoc - let me know also!
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Jan 14, 2012, 11:12 AM
Joined Oct 2010
4,001 Posts
I searched this thread to see if anyone is using anything other than the 10X5 prop. Nothing! I put a 10X7 on mine and it was maybe too fast, but that was during the trim issue time frame. Now that I have found the weird non-centering servo and replaced it, I've flown with the 10X5. Too slow. I have ordered 10X6 props but I'm going to try the 10X7 again. Anyone using other than 10X5 props?

Old Jan 16, 2012, 08:49 AM
Joined Oct 2010
4,001 Posts
Flew with the 10X7 today, seemed fine until the motor stopped on short final! Easy landing deadstick. Turned the prop by hand, yes battery is disconnected, and sounds like motor bell is rubbing the cowl. Nope, found the rear retainer ring is mostly missing and the magnets are out of place. So, I'm sure this motor is trash. I'll order a new one today. The size of the ST .10 makes using another brand motor impossible, me thinks. Anyone else had issues like this? What causes the ring to fall apart?
Old Jan 16, 2012, 04:28 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
When I bought mine it was a little rough and when I flew it (dumb idea) it came in noisy and a bit hot. The magnets and plastic ring were loose. I glued them all back in with ca glue and have about 6 flight so far.
gulio is offline Find More Posts by gulio
Old Jan 16, 2012, 08:03 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,001 Posts
Really? How did you know the magnets were in the correct place? I'll CA or epoxy to try to give the old motor a shot, but .............? I have a new one coming! I fear the CA will come loose, these suckers turn some serious RPMs.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 08:12 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
There were only 3-4 that were very loose and crooked, the rest were intact enough that I could easily tell. I removed part of the retainer ring on the outer bell , but the middle parts that keep the magnets seperate was also intact and good enough to glue.

ps. I didn't know to expect even 1 flight so I think I ordered a spare. Don't remember what it is though.
gulio is offline Find More Posts by gulio