HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 14, 2010, 03:08 PM
Just Fly The Damn Thing
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Sep 2010
629 Posts
There will be a slight change: Just got off the phone with Hobbico. Spoke to James very polite and honest. Seems rare these days. He asked what happend and I explaned it.
He then offerd to send a servo when in stock......?

Why'll I had him on the phone I asked if they will be stocking the tail wheel assy and the
control horns and he said not at this time...?

Thanked him for his time and declined the servo (1-2 months). So I will be putting in a servo from the LHS.

Not impressed at all so I choose not to support them with my buisness.
boatdoc is offline Find More Posts by boatdoc
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2010, 03:09 PM
Around the World
Scottsville, KY
Joined Jun 2002
5,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdoc View Post
....and noticed no elevator... no panic just a little throttle and the nose picked up a tad.
Are you sure you lost a servo and not he CF rod slipping? I had to put a drop of CA glue on the the rod and Z bend to make sure it didn't slip since the screw wouldn't tighten up enough for me....
cadconversions is offline Find More Posts by cadconversions
Old Oct 14, 2010, 04:17 PM
Just Fly The Damn Thing
Joined Sep 2010
629 Posts
Well.... yes it was a bad servo. If you tap the side of the servo gently it will flutter back and forth then stop just past middle/90 deg.

Plugged a spare full size servo into the reciever and it works fine. Plugged the Tactic back in and nothing till you tap on the case and then it rotates to just past 90 deg. Bad servo.
Sounds like I'm takling to the dog. LOL
Last edited by boatdoc; Oct 14, 2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 07:43 AM
dusty bible = dirty life
Oklahoma City OK USA Where fakts still exist even if they are ignored
Joined Aug 2000
2,768 Posts
Bad battery managment on my part, I made an off field landing in some very high grass. Broke the piece of plywood that the MLG bolts to! A significant amount of rebuild is called for.

On the good side it flys even better without the gear!

Tom
Majortomski is offline Find More Posts by Majortomski
Old Oct 17, 2010, 04:21 PM
Joined Sep 2007
83 Posts
After buying my switch, I had an experienced club member trim it out for me. After several good flights, I had a flight where I lost elevator control and nosed in shortly after take off. Broke the firewall/motor mount and cowling, and it appears as if the front left part of the fuselage has a small amount of compression damage (the front of the plane where the motor mount goes angles slightly to the left)? I have 2 questions (for Switch owners with no front end damage):

1 Is the the front of your fuselage angled slightly left or right (mine is now slightly left)?

2. Is your prop angled down and left, or down and right?

Any help greatly appreciated.
njrich2 is offline Find More Posts by njrich2
Old Oct 17, 2010, 05:30 PM
Just Fly The Damn Thing
Joined Sep 2010
629 Posts
Fuselage is straight. Only the motor mount has the right/down angle
Old Oct 17, 2010, 05:30 PM
Just Fly The Damn Thing
Joined Sep 2010
629 Posts
Yes I'm sure
Old Oct 17, 2010, 05:33 PM
Just Fly The Damn Thing
Joined Sep 2010
629 Posts
Now if you would be so kind, can you tell me for sure why you lost elevator. Servo?
Old Oct 18, 2010, 08:40 PM
Joined Sep 2007
83 Posts
Not sure exactly. I had thought at first it was the transmitter/receiver. However, you can be sure I'll be checking the servo and elevator linkages prior to launching this thing once the repairs are done. And I guess a few spacers on the left side of the motor mount will be in order. I'll let you know if I figure anything out conclusively. Thanks for the posts.
njrich2
njrich2 is offline Find More Posts by njrich2
Old Oct 18, 2010, 10:04 PM
Just Fly The Damn Thing
Joined Sep 2010
629 Posts
Please do I believe this going to be a common problem and may have something to do with the way it is glued in. Still looking into it.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 11:45 AM
Just Fly The Damn Thing
Joined Sep 2010
629 Posts
Here is a picture of the Elevator servo that failed on maden flight.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 11:47 AM
Just Fly The Damn Thing
Joined Sep 2010
629 Posts
The red arrow shows the white wire has broken loose from the board. Bingo servo failure.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 12:16 PM
Just Fly The Damn Thing
Joined Sep 2010
629 Posts
On the maiden flight of a perfectly setup Switch I had a elevator servo fail. The landing was hard but on all three wheels. I took the servo apart and there is a white wire (picture) that is soldered at the edge of the pc board and resting against the servo motor.

That wire has come loose. The pc board is held in place by the top and bottom case crimping the servo wires, with no support for up/down movement!!!!!!!

Caution: Be very careful when plugging or handling the rudder and aileron servo wires!
Old Oct 23, 2010, 08:45 AM
Brookville, Ohio
Joined May 2000
316 Posts
Guys make sure you check your motor mount frame work (the glue joints). This one came apart this morning. Not sure how they will handle the damage, maybe it was my fault for not checking over the strength of the glue joints. Looks like thin ca used. I've not had much luck with thin ca on ply, always used epoxy or thicker glue.
marshall is offline Find More Posts by marshall
Old Oct 23, 2010, 09:01 AM
Just Fly The Damn Thing
Joined Sep 2010
629 Posts
Sorry marshall I should of put up a warning about that to. Run med ca around all of the motor mounts box!!!!!!!!!!!