SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 25, 2012, 05:53 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
4,001 Posts
Maybe not! I'm on my 3rd motor. They add up. If you do get a new stock motor, go to the power area and look at the Super Tigre .10 thread to see what to look for. There are some tips that help the motor live.
Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:00 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
I got one flight in today after i got home from work and it was perfect flying weather. I got carried away and was having fun flying around really fast and i finally hit LVC on the esc. It was right when i was coming in for the landing and the motor started to pulse. Now i know that if i fly above half throttle that i am going to have to bring it in at around 9.5 minutes. I am still using just the stock lipo. I still need to get a couple more lipo packs and a better charger.
buster7467 is offline Find More Posts by buster7467
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:16 PM
Chile, Araucanía, Angol
Joined Jan 2012
403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariveroll View Post
I blew my motor and need a new one. Any recommendation that are upgrades to stock?
My motor is death too, I purchased other ST on my country, but I purchased other models at tower. I'm planning adapt other best motor.
The ST plastic magnet ring sucks.

Regards!
javier668 is offline Find More Posts by javier668
Old Apr 26, 2012, 09:25 AM
Joined Nov 2011
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrhardy View Post
Maybe not! I'm on my 3rd motor. They add up. If you do get a new stock motor, go to the power area and look at the Super Tigre .10 thread to see what to look for. There are some tips that help the motor live.
Don
This will be my 3rd too. I live in Venezuela so the time and cost of shipping is prohibitive. Need something powerful, reliable.
ariveroll is offline Find More Posts by ariveroll
Old Apr 26, 2012, 03:25 PM
Chile, Araucanía, Angol
Joined Jan 2012
403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariveroll View Post
This will be my 3rd too. I live in Venezuela so the time and cost of shipping is prohibitive. Need something powerful, reliable.
For now the best is buy 2 or 3 cheap ST.
I purchased 2 motor mounts, I think whit mods can fit a OS.10 or the Rimfire .10.

Regards!
Old Apr 26, 2012, 05:47 PM
Mach 1
walterboro s.c.u.s.a
Joined Jun 2004
772 Posts
Has anybody taken any vids of this plane flying yet?
pathfinder is offline Find More Posts by pathfinder
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nice
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:12 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
I tried to get a flight in today but after having it in the air for 5 minutes the wind started to gust really bad and i brought it in for a landing. I hope to receive my new rx for my computer radio in the morning. I can't wait to run D/R and expo.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 01:09 AM
RC Aircraft Enthusiast
United States
Joined Mar 2012
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster7467 View Post
I tried to get a flight in today but after having it in the air for 5 minutes the wind started to gust really bad and i brought it in for a landing. I hope to receive my new rx for my computer radio in the morning. I can't wait to run D/R and expo.
You can use D/R and Expo with your computer radio and an Anylink (if you have one). Plus it will Also work with any other Tactic receiver planes you have and is cheaper than replacing the RXs.
Marvie100 is offline Find More Posts by Marvie100
Old Apr 27, 2012, 08:15 AM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
I don't think that the Anylink will work with the make of radio i have. I use the walkera 2801tx. I used to have a few rx's for the 2801tx but i sold them a couple years ago. I kept the radio because i knew i would use it again in the future. The rx's are pretty cheap for it.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 05:31 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Ok, i got my new rx in the mail today and when i got home i installed it in the switch. I love having D/R and expo. I just did a flight and the plane fly's really smooth but i had a problem with the landing. The hay is getting tall and thick in the field that i land in and it caught the wings and slammed the nose into the ground and broke the prop. That is the only thing that got damaged. So now i am waiting on a new prop. Should i go stock or get a APC prop? I have found a hobby shop that is about 45 miles from where i live that has some 10X5 props in stock and will probably just drive there in a couple days and pick up a few. I may check and see if they have better servos. I would like to install some stronger and quicker servos just for the heck of it.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:37 AM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
4,001 Posts
I use APC 10x7 on mine. I also still have the stock servos on mine and find them to be good for this plane. It is not meant to be a 3D plane anyway, so I don't know how well it would hold up if you used faster servos. You might just yank the tail or a wing right off the plane!
If I feel the need for that syuff, I fly my 3DHS or EF planes.
Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Apr 29, 2012, 05:39 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Are you using the stock lipo while using the 10X7 prop? I don't want to ruin the stock pack. And the reason i want to change servos is because the stock rudder and airleron servos are not centering that great. I know it is not a 3d plane but that does not mean it would be a bad idea for some faster servos. I have enough experience with heli's to know that stronger and faster servos is never a bad idea. I am going to drive to the closest hobby shop tomorrow and get a couple props and see what servos they have in stock. I would love it if they had some good cheap lipos packs but i bet all they have is the top name ones that cost way too much.

dkrhardy, what was your first 3d plane? And do you think you made the right choice? The switch is a perfect sport plane for me and don't see a reason to buy another sport plane. Just want a durable 3d plane that i can learn with. There is almost always a slight breeze where i fly except early in the morning or about an hour before dark so it would have to be a 3d plane that flies good in some wind. And something that is sold and has parts available in the states. I hate waiting for overseas packages. Any help would be great.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 07:13 PM
Chile, Araucanía, Angol
Joined Jan 2012
403 Posts
If you crash the prop, your motor can be damaged.
If you use faster servos you will need a better bec.
I think this plane don't need expo or dr.
The stock radio is good, sometimes use anylink with my dx7 but 80% times I use the tactic TX.
The APC props are good, but flyzone prop are less weight.

Regards!
Old Apr 30, 2012, 07:55 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Ok i wont get faster servos, just ones that will center better. I should have said that from the jump. I just kinda figured that any servo that i would buy would be faster and center better than the stock ones that i have. I am not a newb to rc stuff. I have been flying helis for the past 8 or 9 years. And i am not a fan of modding just for the sake of modding but if something is wrong i am going to replace it with better parts. I am happy with the power system that they put in the switch, just not a fan of the servos. They remind me of the hs-55 servos that i had bad luck with a couple years ago that i used in the gaui 200 heli i had. I hate the hs55 servos and will not use them in anything. They would strip gears in flight. And they would not center that well after a few flights. The stock servos in my switch worked great for the first dozen flights but they started to not center at all. So i am thinking about just putting in some metal gear servos and some bigger lipo packs and be done with it and just enjoy flying it.

And the plane don't need expo or D/R. I agree. But i do need it to make it handle the way i want it to. Everyone is different. Some like expo and some don't.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:27 PM
Chile, Araucanía, Angol
Joined Jan 2012
403 Posts
My servos runs ok, but when need replacement i will go with Futaba.

Regards!