HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2010, 06:05 PM
dusty bible = dirty life
Oklahoma City OK USA Where fakts still exist even if they are ignored
Joined Aug 2000
2,777 Posts
Cool
Flyzone SWITCH GREAT PLANE!

Bought one as our new club trainer. Flew the wings off of it today.

IT IS A FANTASTIC flying plane right out of the box!

The price might be a little steep for a beginner plane but you are getting two for one.

tom
Majortomski is offline Find More Posts by Majortomski
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2010, 06:03 PM
Around the World
Scottsville, KY
Joined Jun 2002
5,641 Posts
I was hoping to shoot video today of the one I have flying but the winds are too strong. It is an exciting looking plane!
cadconversions is offline Find More Posts by cadconversions
Old Sep 28, 2010, 03:41 AM
MO, USA
Joined Jun 2010
686 Posts
I haven't heard of this plane before, but that appears to be a neat idea. Particularly if it's a good flyer!
motoguy1 is offline Find More Posts by motoguy1
Old Sep 28, 2010, 05:20 PM
dusty bible = dirty life
Joined Aug 2000
2,777 Posts
Flight test mini report

Went out with the stock battery, charged yesterday, to see how long she flys.

The airplane was in the high wing trainer configuration

In winds of 16 MPH gusting to 23 the switch flew for 11:30 at half throttle except for dead stick to four touch and go's and full power climb to about 200 feet.

I was able to loop and roll from half throttle (measured by the throttle joy stick being at the 50% mark)

So far the only shortcomings I'm seeing is the gear is a little week, I bent mine operating off a rough grass strip, and I don't like having to take the entire wing off to get to the battery, an external switch would be nice.

Tom
Old Sep 28, 2010, 05:30 PM
Just Fly The Damn Thing
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Sep 2010
629 Posts
Just got my Switch and looking forward to trying her out. Still have a little more stick time to go on th Flyzone Max before I send her aloft.
boatdoc is offline Find More Posts by boatdoc
Old Sep 28, 2010, 05:40 PM
Around the World
Scottsville, KY
Joined Jun 2002
5,641 Posts
Heading out in a few minutes for my first flight and recording of video. I'll post some teaser clips / pics here...
Old Oct 11, 2010, 03:17 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,909 Posts
Still waiting for those promised videos and pics...
Gary
Gary Hoorn is offline Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Oct 12, 2010, 12:01 PM
Around the World
Scottsville, KY
Joined Jun 2002
5,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hoorn View Post
Still waiting for those promised videos and pics...
Gary
Review should be going live soon with the videos and pics... Of course, I would tell you there is a photobucket account with some pics but you would have to find those! HAHA
Old Oct 12, 2010, 04:12 PM
Joined Jun 2010
46 Posts
Anyone else have one? I am torn. I have a Skyfly Max right now, and have no problems flying it, for everything but inverted, still to chicken to do it

Just wondering how the Switch flies in comparison?

Was thinking of it or The PZ Trojan or the Great Planes Yak55 Flightflex plane for those unfortunate minutes as a second plane.
HBZ Super Cub is offline Find More Posts by HBZ Super Cub
Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:54 PM
Just Fly The Damn Thing
Joined Sep 2010
629 Posts
If you can wait two more days I will be able to give you first hand knowledge of the Switch to Max comparison...
Old Oct 13, 2010, 10:41 PM
Just Fly The Damn Thing
Joined Sep 2010
629 Posts
Well maiden is done.......Set her up per the book and just a tad nose heavy, (forward cg line) Took her up to my dirt lot 100' by 180' but lots of air space above 35 feet.

I did a trial run to see how she tracks and very predictable and comfortable. Lined her up and off she was with 3/4 throttle and half up elev climbed up very smooth and nice.
Started a right turn at about 50' +- and noticed no elevator... no panic just a little throttle and the nose picked up a tad.

Brought it around and at least she landed right side up but medium hard. Just enough to bend the landing gear and crack the cowling. Need to work on my rudder control had I thought to drift her sideways, (or knew how) I could of bled off some speed. Funny how small that lot got in my mind when I lost that servo.........

Seems the elev servo is bad. I'll replace it with a new one tonight and try again Thursday
Last edited by boatdoc; Oct 13, 2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 10:50 PM
Just Fly The Damn Thing
Joined Sep 2010
629 Posts
In the short flight time I had, in top wing configuration she flew just like the FlyZone Max but faster and heaver (read less float she needs speed to fly)
Old Oct 14, 2010, 02:06 PM
dusty bible = dirty life
Joined Aug 2000
2,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdoc View Post
In the short flight time I had, in top wing configuration she flew just like the FlyZone Max but faster and heaver (read less float she needs speed to fly)
Pardon me if I disagree. I've never flown the FlyZone Max but my Switch is in the middle of the CG lines and it will float for ever! It will nearly do a 180 turn to landing without power.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 02:31 PM
Just Fly The Damn Thing
Joined Sep 2010
629 Posts
Sounds like I need to move the cg back 1/4 of an inch and try her again after repairs?

"It will nearly do a 180 turn to landing without power."

The Max will do a few of these turns without power and my comparison from the short flight was to the FlyZone Max. So my statement stands. My humble opinion of course....................
Old Oct 14, 2010, 02:33 PM
Just Fly The Damn Thing
Joined Sep 2010
629 Posts
Just to show I'm a sport: When the parts come in I will take a vid of the Max in no power turns and the Switch, ( that is the comparison) and let the readers decide.

Although on the expensive side, The Max is an EXCELLENT 4 channel trainer and I believe the Switch is going to be a logical second and third plane.