HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 24, 2010, 03:35 AM
United States, MO, KCMO
Joined Aug 2005
542 Posts
Discussion
Ideal profile UMX Beast

This is just an idea. What if they made a UMX beast bipe but profile like the UM 4-Site? I wonder how would the flight characteristics differ from the original E-Flite/Horizon Hobby model? It would definately be lighter, but what do you guys think?
Nooflyer is offline Find More Posts by Nooflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2010, 08:02 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Hmmmm, it would not be the Beast.... It would be a flat foamy with the Beast color on it. Sure enough, it would fly very well, but for that, as you said, we already have the 4-Site. I'm expecting the Beast to fly more like the real thing, which is what I'm after. Some little things like the tail not behaving perfectly when your finish your loops. Not being able to hover well. Basically, giving me the feeling that I'm flying a heavy plane.

The 4-Site is not hovering well by the way. If they build another flat 3D foamy, I don't care what it will look like.... I want one that hover spot on. The way I see it now, it could be something like a 20" single wing with the new brushless setup... Would be soooo happy.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Sep 24, 2010, 03:46 PM
United States, MO, KCMO
Joined Aug 2005
542 Posts
Ok thanks and that sounds about right. lol I never thought of it that way and that makes perfect sense. i never flown the 4 site or any of the micros but as soon as my plane ships i will. So excited, tracking said it will be here in three days!
Old Sep 25, 2010, 01:08 AM
USA, CO, Pueblo
Joined Nov 2009
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooflyer View Post
Ok thanks and that sounds about right. lol I never thought of it that way and that makes perfect sense. i never flown the 4 site or any of the micros but as soon as my plane ships i will. So excited, tracking said it will be here in three days!
What plane are you getting in 3 days?
tonebone is offline Find More Posts by tonebone
Old Sep 25, 2010, 08:02 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonebone View Post
What plane are you getting in 3 days?
I second the motion! Which one, which one??
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Sep 25, 2010, 10:44 PM
Foaming at the mouth..
USA, KS, Topeka
Joined Jul 2008
924 Posts
Hmm... Last Tuesday the DX8 hit the shelves.. I smell a beast hitting this week..

~Kev
darksiede is offline Find More Posts by darksiede
Old Sep 26, 2010, 03:26 AM
United States, MO, KCMO
Joined Aug 2005
542 Posts
I'm just getting the suhkoi. And when that tears up i'll gut it and build a homemade 3d foamy. I've justt been in a building mode lately since i have two boxes of depron. I just need a project that i can call my own!