HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 23, 2010, 05:20 PM
if you see a weed, pick it
Devon England
Joined Oct 2006
355 Posts
New Product
production tilt rotor

hi chaps, this is my first post in vtol, but its always been an area of intenses intreast to me. im not sure if youve seen this i suspect you have but i couldnt find it in a thread serch so just incase
http://www.mh-airpromotions.de/flightsystems.html

it does apear to fly very well but its got a truly eye watering price for what is esentialy a shock flyer!
malakiblunt is offline Find More Posts by malakiblunt
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2010, 06:49 PM
United States, IN, Granger
Joined Jan 2003
3,099 Posts
Quote:
it does apear to fly very well but its got a truly eye watering price for what is esentialy a shock flyer
Ya ,, for about the same price I have this full fuse , full scale Bell approved V-22 coming that doesn't need a tail fan to fly From an American company ... check it out at http://www.rotormast.com/rm/

Scale V22 flight (6 min 51 sec)
v22chap is offline Find More Posts by v22chap
Old Sep 23, 2010, 09:10 PM
Joined Aug 2007
4,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v22chap View Post
Ya ,, for about the same price I have this full fuse...
Sure, rub it in why don't you

I'd have a difficult time paying that much for this german build. Looks like it handles very well but I don't see myself shelling out around 900$ for it. Especially when I can get the Nvader stuff around 600$.

Selling two of these kits at 600$ might bring in more scratch than one at 900$ that no one purchases.
RCvertt is offline Find More Posts by RCvertt
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Chupacabra sighting !!!
Old Sep 24, 2010, 05:02 AM
Devon England
Joined Oct 2006
355 Posts
WoW now that is more like it! is ther a thread on this v22chap? did i miss something, ive been following your V22 builds on and off for years.

ive been thinking about & planing a xc-142 build, but im a ways of cutting any foam yet but its realy encouraging to see these highly sucsefull builds

cheers

philip
Old Sep 24, 2010, 05:27 AM
Joined Jan 2003
3,099 Posts
malakiblunt
This isn't mine ... it is a 450 size built by a Bell Textron engineer in Texas !!!

There is kind of a thread ,,but he pretty much keep it a secret until it was close to working .
Hoverup has been talking with him and getting information to leak to us . I have been talking with Tom since the early on days and this is one unique bird ... it has no airplane controls and flies on cyclic control in both modes !!!!
and does so quite well .!!!!!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ight=rotormast
Old Sep 24, 2010, 05:59 AM
Devon England
Joined Oct 2006
355 Posts
ok now it makes more sence, fair enough on keeping it secret, hes done a good job, certainly much more impresive than the german one (the german would be very impresive if it didnt have such a comedy price!)

i like the idea of keeping it simple, But ive found its not untill you realy think hard about making one of these birds that you relise just how complicated it is!
big respect to all of you , and i hope to join you soon.

ive just brought a heli, to learn to hover in preperation.

cheers
philip
Old Sep 24, 2010, 06:55 AM
Joined Jan 2003
3,099 Posts
Yes he kept it pretty simple ..be even at that it is pretty complicated as far as the electronic controller and the tilt mechanics I am glad that someone has finally got a commercially available one as it is getting flustrating building scratch parts every time you dumb thumb it
Even though I still want a larger full action scale bird and will keep on building mine .... this is a great trainer as I look at it ... it takes a lot of practice to even be able to do the conversion ,,, even if the bird can do it . Tom and I have talked much about that aspect of the conversion and he tells you right in the manual to limit the conversion servo travel to 10 degrees and get comfortable and use to seeing it do that ... then go 10more degrees and get comfortable ,, till you get to the full airplane mode .

Good luck on your hover practice ,,, and hurry up !!!!
Old Sep 24, 2010, 08:48 AM
Devon England
Joined Oct 2006
355 Posts
yes, i can well belive that 'simple' is a relitive term, when i relised that whats roll controll in hover becomes yaw in fwd flight i relised it wasnt going to be easy!

i shall start a xc-142 thread, because as im already a fixed wing flyer, i can start from ther and work my way up (down??) to the hover by wich time im sure i will of learned to fly the heli .
Old Sep 24, 2010, 09:36 AM
Joined Jan 2003
3,099 Posts
Yes simple here is a loosely used term when talking about a tiltrotor or any VTOL at all
Although the roll /yaw switch that happens ,, happens with in the controller automatically and you won't hardly know it happened As you will be giving right or left roll command with the aileron stick on the TX and it still will be controlling roll on the same TX stick all the way from heli to airplane mode and the same with yaw control .

Good luck on the XC -142 build ... keep us informed of the thread link here ,, as that is another one of my favorite VTOL's and have always wanted to do one too . With what I know now from the V-22 and NASA 's puffin build ,it should be a pretty straight forward build .
Old Oct 06, 2010, 08:22 PM
UK, Hereford and Worcester, Worcester
Joined Feb 2009
634 Posts
As predicted, the Chinese are copying the technology - rather sooner than expected too.

http://aerorc.wordpress.com/2010/07/...e-the-twipter/

Doubtless it will vastly undercut the rotormast, sadly (I suspect many potential customers of that may choose to save their money, even if the Walkera version is likely to be inferior).
aracer is offline Find More Posts by aracer
Old Dec 10, 2010, 12:29 PM
Joined Nov 2010
223 Posts
Fully Functional Tilt Wing

Video of a Full forward and rear transition
Tilt Wing Coaxial Helicopter VTOL RC (0 min 42 sec)
Tilt Wing Coaxial Helicopter VTOL RC 2 (0 min 40 sec)
My own personal take on the free-wing (an old NASA project) with the addition of a servo to restrict the wing in the pitch axis. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hLG5WGmiNQ
tiltrotorcoaxial is offline Find More Posts by tiltrotorcoaxial
Last edited by tiltrotorcoaxial; Dec 17, 2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 12:56 PM
Devon England
Joined Oct 2006
355 Posts
wow! that works!!
Old Dec 10, 2010, 04:32 PM
Joined Nov 2010
223 Posts
thanks. Now I do tilt rotors because they transition smoother but slower. In particular helicopter paraglider hybrids and free wing heli hybrids
Old Dec 12, 2010, 12:03 PM
Joined Nov 2010
223 Posts
let me know if should remove the video ive posted. ive realized its bad etiquette to post on these v22 blogs
Last edited by tiltrotorcoaxial; Dec 12, 2010 at 12:49 PM.