HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:10 PM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
Contest
Official RCGroups.com GoPro Contest! Clip Voting and Random Giveaway are here!

For the Video Editing contest, Please go HERE:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1327886

It's finally here! RCGroups and GoPro.com is hosting a free contest, with 8 GoPro cameras up for grabs! With 3 cameras going towards the best submitted GoPro clips and 5 cameras going towards the best GoPro video Edits (using the winning clips), there will be plenty of GoPros to go around! Just submit your best short GoPro clip (Around 30 seconds), or get your Video Editor warmed up for the Edit part of the contest. Here are the official contest rules:

Quote:
  • The video MUST be from a GoPro brand camera
  • Video clips are to be about 20-30 seconds long, and absolutely no longer than 1 minute per clip
  • The video clip must be uploaded to Vimeo (to enable download for edit contest)
  • Pilot’s name and recording platform should be included in the video description
  • Video from all platforms are welcome and encouraged (planes, helis, cars, boats, whatever RC vehicle you've managed to strap your GoPro to)
  • Entry amount is unlimited, as long as each video is only 1 clip, and under one minute
  • Submitted videos will be voted on by the RCGroups community. The top 20 clips are then placed into the “video bank”, and the top 2 receive GoPro cameras. 1 will be awarded at random.
  • Video clips in the “Video Bank” are then to be used in the Video Edit contest. ONLY videos from the bank can be used
  • The top 5 Edits (also voted on by the community) will also receive GoPro cameras
  • Videos will be collected for 2 weeks from the start date, at which point entry is closed and voting begins. Voting will last for 1 week
  • Video editing submission will run for 2 weeks from the end of video voting. After two weeks, submission will close, and voting will begin
  • Final edits will be voted on for 1 week
  • A maximum of 1 camera will be awarded to each winner. If someone wins both contests, the 2nd camera will be given to the next place winner
This post will be updated continuously, so be sure to check this post to see the updated video entry list!

Goodluck, and don't forget to check out the GoPro website:
www.GoPro.com

-Kevin, RCGroups, and GoPro.com

All VIDEO SUBMISSIONS
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=28
Kmart is offline Find More Posts by Kmart
Last edited by Kmart; Oct 24, 2010 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Finalized Video Submissions
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:46 PM
I AP'd myself again......
Yawn....Iowa
Joined Mar 2005
2,500 Posts
Good luck to all
aviatordave is offline Find More Posts by aviatordave
Last edited by aviatordave; Sep 24, 2010 at 11:27 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 12:48 AM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
Hi Dave!

The main part of the contest is the Video Editing, with 5 cameras for the best 5 videos. For this part, no camera is required. GoPro also wanted to reward the videos, so 3 cameras are going to be awarded to the best video clips. 5 prizes is good, but 8 is better!

-Kevin
Kmart is offline Find More Posts by Kmart
Old Sep 23, 2010, 02:29 AM
Moldova
Joined Jun 2010
1,291 Posts
I also don't understand this contest. If I had a GoPro already, why would I praticipate in this contest? The cameras should go to ppls that don't own one.

The second part, is video editing. I should edit a video that was shooted with GoPro camera?! this is absurd, because I don't own a GoPro camera, but I also don't want to take a video of another guy who shooted and who pretend to be the author of the "movie".

NonSense.
schumixmd is online now Find More Posts by schumixmd
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by schumixmd; Sep 24, 2010 at 02:40 AM.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 03:54 AM
Near Saint Louis MO. (IL Side)
Joined Aug 2009
534 Posts
Oh man, I wish I knew how to edit videos... what programs do you guys use? I REALLY want to get a go pro badly for my latest setup and a free one would be just great heh...
jsullivan05 is offline Find More Posts by jsullivan05
Old Sep 23, 2010, 04:04 AM
Suspended Account
Austria
Joined Feb 2007
6,411 Posts
My GoPro lense is scratched because of making these videos ... so yes, I do want another one. One can never have too many GoPro's so thanks KMart for organizing this contest ... I've got a few more clips I could upload
trappy is offline Find More Posts by trappy
Old Sep 23, 2010, 07:52 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,954 Posts
Hey guys if you don't like the contest, don't enter.

Some key questions....
1. Anyone can edit the chosen videos and submit them?

2.When will the pool of 10 videos be chosen? And when do the edits have to be submitted by? It would be good to have deadlines stated for both the video and the edit part of the comp. Pretty vital really...

3. How long does the edited video have to be for the competition? Is there a minimum or maximum length required?

4. Can you add your own sound or music to the edit?

5. How are winners from each category chosen? Is it a voting system, do the go pro people decide, what?

6. Can you get Trappy to autograph my camera when I win the edit competition? hehe

Thanks. In all seriousness it'd be great to get the ground rules a bit more definite...
Gree is offline Find More Posts by Gree
Old Sep 23, 2010, 09:30 AM
Joined May 2006
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviatordave View Post
You are giving away free GoPro cameras to those that already own them? Seems redundant.
Hey, I'm in. Would love to have another one to balance out....one on each wingtip.
Kenpilot is offline Find More Posts by Kenpilot
Old Sep 23, 2010, 11:11 AM
Joined Jun 2010
561 Posts
so there will be the original files captured by the gopro in the video bank ? or will they be compressed or something?
nabazul is offline Find More Posts by nabazul
Old Sep 23, 2010, 12:38 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Apr 2009
574 Posts
Yeah, seems like a rich get richer situation.
Those with GoPros get another GoPros.
Those with expensive video editing software, and a GoPro, get another GoPro.

I guess I'm just cynical because I really really want a GoPro, but can't afford one yet

What if Trappy wins all five best videos (quite likely)?? Does he win all five? (Just kidding)
aero_k is offline Find More Posts by aero_k
Last edited by aero_k; Sep 26, 2010 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Read the rules... and clarified that I was just kidding
Old Sep 23, 2010, 12:57 PM
FPV addict
Giske, Norway
Joined Aug 2009
521 Posts
Aero_K, did you read the rules above??

Quote from Kevin:
A maximum of 1 camera will be awarded to each winner. If someone wins both contests, the 2nd camera will be given to the next place winner.

Kristian
KristianS is offline Find More Posts by KristianS
Old Sep 23, 2010, 01:52 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,776 Posts
Maybe I missed it but are the cameras to be awarded as prizes the HD models?

Thanks!
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 23, 2010, 03:00 PM
Around the World
Scottsville, KY
Joined Jun 2002
5,641 Posts
Can we use "licensed" music for a background track or does it have to be license free?
cadconversions is offline Find More Posts by cadconversions
Old Sep 23, 2010, 05:11 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Here is a video I would like to enter.
Montauk Light House (0 min 53 sec)
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 23, 2010, 05:58 PM
Seeing the Farside.
Seattle WA, USA
Joined Aug 2005
4,285 Posts
There is no mention of a video submission date... only vague references.

What is the deadline for video submission?

Is it safe to assume the deadline is 2 weeks from yesterday? Which would make the deadline 12/1/2010?
Blaze.45 is offline Find More Posts by Blaze.45