HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 21, 2010, 08:03 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,051 Posts
Alert
New firmware v2.29 released for Cellpro 10s Charger

Hi:

Today FMA Direct published new firmware version 2.29 for the Cellpro 10s charger to the general public. We highly recommend that all existing 10s customers update to the latest version which addresses certain false Safety Codes, and generally improves the overall reliability of the charger.

The update is accessible via the free Cellpro 10s Charge Control Software available at the following download. Interfacing the charger to your Windows-based PC requires either the FUIM2 or the FUIM3 USB PC interface as well.

Here is the link to the CCS:

http://www.revolectrix.com/new_appli..._software.html

Here is the link to the FUIM3 USB PC interface on the REVO Store:

http://www.store.revolectrix.com/Pro...ro-10s_2/FUIM3

The FUIM3 is also stocked in our Maryland facility and qualifies as a small item we can ship via US Mail for $3 shipping cost. Please call (800) 343-2934 to order via FMA Direct.

After installing the software and the USB driver (follow the instructions on the software install pages), follow these steps to update your charger's firmware:

1) Click on the Firmware tab of the CCS
2) Click on "Click to install V2.29 firmware"
3) Click "Update Firmware"

Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline Find More Posts by Tim Marks
Last edited by Tim Marks; Sep 21, 2010 at 08:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2010, 09:17 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,103 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Tim. Are you able share any of the specifics regarding what changes are included in this update?
Gregor99 is offline Find More Posts by Gregor99
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Dual Powerlab Case Project
Old Sep 21, 2010, 10:40 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor99 View Post
Thanks for the heads up Tim. Are you able share any of the specifics regarding what changes are included in this update?
Hi:

Address false Safety Code 96 near end of charge.

Improved hardware shutdown speed in the event of a Safety Code to prevent potential damage to charge circuitry. This will improve charger reliability in multiple situations.

Reduced the number of times the speaker beeps on charge complete.

Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline Find More Posts by Tim Marks
Old Sep 24, 2010, 04:07 PM
United States, CA, Placerville
Joined Feb 2006
613 Posts
Tim, thanks for the heads up on the new release. I have a couple questions regarding this upgrade and also differences between my 2 Cellpro 10S chargers.

1. Will this upgrade address the 'unstable power supply' charge termination especially when using Iota power supplies. I know this issue primarily affects the PL8 however, one of my 10S also shuts down charges for the same error, however, the other one keeps running while attached to the same power supply.

2. Why does one of 10S show .2V less input than the other 10S when attached to the same power supply? Is there a way for a customer to calibrate any values in the 10S?

3. We were assured that the 10S products went thru rigorous calibrations in final QC before being released, yet I find the input voltage, cell internal resistance values to be different between my 2 10S chargers even when I use the same adapters to test charging. I keep pretty extensive records on my batteries (mostly 10S setups) to track their 'life' over time and cycles. Consequently, I have to make sure I use the same charger to take the readings per pack when I should be able to use either charger for the readings. I know IR changes with temperature so I record that too. Basically, what I see is one charger records IR for cells 9 and 10 about .3 mohm lower than the other cells. I can switch the 2 5s packs and the lower reading stays with the readings for cells 9 and 10 rather than following the packs. Any way for me to calibrate that myself?

I love my 10S chargers, but find the differences in readings 'irritating'.

Thanks
Don Atwood
DonA is online now Find More Posts by DonA
Last edited by DonA; Sep 25, 2010 at 09:25 AM.