HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 21, 2010, 06:52 PM
Joined Aug 2007
444 Posts
Discussion
R/C Lander Hunter with electric retracts video.

Here is a video of my new R/C Lander Hunter that came with the electric retracts installed. This clip was shot to show the capabilities of this superb flying plane. I would suggest watching it full screen. This airplane has a Sapac fan and motor and I consumed 2.3 amps from my 3.6 amp 4s pack during this flight.

X30

R/C Lander Hunter + Sapac fan (4 min 40 sec)
X30PILOT is online now Find More Posts by X30PILOT
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2010, 10:11 PM
Oneonta Alabama
Joined Aug 2010
898 Posts
Nice video good looking landing.Im waiting to get a couple of my Lander planes in the air.PC panther and T-Bird F-16 both modified to 76mm fans from lander 6s 3300mah packs 80a ESC all factory.Your hunter looks great thats the first 70mm Ive seen fly.
Keith
keith b is offline Find More Posts by keith b
Old Sep 21, 2010, 10:42 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2008
5,561 Posts
Fantastic jet man! Great landing by the way.

Keith, you and I both are trying to get the Lander 76mm in the air haha. I'm still not done building it . Hopefully soon though! It looks like it's going to haul from from the look of Tim's videos.
T-CAT is offline Find More Posts by T-CAT
Old Sep 21, 2010, 11:07 PM
Oneonta Alabama
Joined Aug 2010
898 Posts
T-Cat you have it in the panther or F-16 I cant remember.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 11:17 PM
Joined Aug 2008
5,561 Posts
I have the F16 (aka F/2B in blue camo). The F16 looks amazing with the gear doors. I also ordered it with the full lighting system including the afterburner. However, i didn't want the thrust vectoring system. To be honest, I just don't think I would use it much, if at all. What did you order your F16 and Panther with?
Old Sep 21, 2010, 11:26 PM
Oneonta Alabama
Joined Aug 2010
898 Posts
I have them both decked out as well lights afterburner and (flaps on the panther)gear doors the whole nine yards.Im waiting on mys tuff to reeturn for repairs had some issues with the retracts.Cured now...Panther is built,F-16 is 1/3 I need the pod to continue.But Im detailing my F-86 by Venom for the scale contest so its fine for now.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 11:31 PM
Joined Aug 2008
5,561 Posts
Nice!!!!! If you can, please post pictures of them all completed. I love Landers' jets, as they've done a great job engineering them. Good luck!
Old Sep 21, 2010, 11:44 PM
Oneonta Alabama
Joined Aug 2010
898 Posts
Here is a pic of the Panther I would show you some pics of my 86 but I dont want the cat out of the bag,if you know what I mean.But Ill give you a teaser.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 11:47 PM
Joined Aug 2008
5,561 Posts
Veryyyyyyy nice Keith! They're lookin excellent and I can't wait to see the finished product. The pilot you have in the F-86 is fantastic. Where is that pilot from? I'd love to het a pilot like that compared to the lander ones, even though they are relatively nice.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 11:52 PM
Oneonta Alabama
Joined Aug 2010
898 Posts
That is a Boomer pilot JHH is selling them I painted it and thats what is going in my T-bird.I love them the only reason theres not one in my panther is because they werent here yet.Im going to put 2 in my T-Bird.20hrs to scratch build that seat and all the goodies on the back deck and then paint it.Sheeewww.Now Im doing the speed brake doors and bays,killing me.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 12:14 AM
Joined Aug 2008
5,561 Posts
Ha-ha, well, at least it's worth it! It looks absolutely amazing and adds a quality scale look to the jet. You did a great job man.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 12:31 AM
Oneonta Alabama
Joined Aug 2010
898 Posts
Thanks,I almost bought one of the se Hunters and may do so after all,it looks great flying.Must finish other projects first though.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 09:30 AM
Leduc, AB, Canada
Joined Oct 2008
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by X30PILOT View Post
Here is a video of my new R/C Lander Hunter that came with the electric retracts installed. This clip was shot to show the capabilities of this superb flying plane. I would suggest watching it full screen. This airplane has a Sapac fan and motor and I consumed 2.3 amps from my 3.6 amp 4s pack during this flight.

X30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boQGO...eature=channel
Dave,

I see you bought another in ETPS colors; great choice! Isn't a great looking bird? (Easy tracking while in the air is a bonus too.)
I just love how the RC Hunter flies.
Looks like yours was clipping along quite nicely. Have you clocked it?
How are the electric retracts?

Cheers,
Peter
Orvis is offline Find More Posts by Orvis
Old Sep 22, 2010, 08:47 PM
Joined Aug 2007
444 Posts
keith b,/ T-CAT

Thanks for the feedback. The Hunter is a fun machine to fly!
I have been flying an R/C Lander Cougar as well with a Storm 70.
Let me know how you like the 76mm fans, I have a Panther that I have glassed and an F-16 sitting in the box, both need powerplants.

keith b

Both your Panther and F-86 look great!

X-30
X30PILOT is online now Find More Posts by X30PILOT
Old Sep 22, 2010, 09:03 PM
Joined Aug 2008
5,561 Posts
Have you tried a 5S battery with your sapac MB1 fan/motor combo? It will produce more thrust than the Lander 76mm on 6S. However, you will need a much larger
ESC due to the high amp draw. You need between a 125A-150A ESC. It should produce 1800-2100 watts.