SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by TexasJohn, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 02:15 PM
Stick lift beats no lift
USA, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2003
158 Posts
Trader Rating: 60
For Sale
WOW REDUCED!!RTF planes (miglet, Yak 55 39" WS, E-Soph Lady) at DEAF or LPU DFW Area

I've started my own TARP program: Turn A Round Paypal. These will all be cash local sales only for now. Need to Fund an RES glider. These three planes are used and RTF less RX and battery. I can provide FM RX (JR shift) and/or batteries as needed for extra cost.

I will be at DEAF on Sunday and can finalize a deal in advance or you can take my cell phone and call me when you are on site on Sunday. I won't hold a plane unless you have paid. You can even try before you buy on a buddy box as long as DEAF folks accept that. No shipping at this time.

OK, here we go:

MIGLET. Stock plane with a dozen flights. Hatch is jacked up to allow my wires and Deans plugs. You can change this. Note balsa patch in one wing and reglue on winglet. FMA 20 amp speed contol and Hexatronic servos. Flies fast, straight and rolls like mad. The reason to buy this is "instant jet"

Miglet Price is $ 50. I used 800 Mah batteries and they are available for extra.

HYPERION YAK 55 39-inch span. Plane has been dumped, requiring cowl glassing and repaint. Minor repairs to wood parts near middle of fuse and in one wing, all repaired very carefully and true. Motor box rebuilt as good as new using plywood. Plane still looks good and flies staight - straight up. It is running a Turnegy outrunner burning 20 amps, 200 watts, turning a 10-5 prop on a 3S battery. You could run a smaller prop. Two HS 55 and two Hextronics. Castle 25 amp controller. I do have gear for it, but take them off for rough fields. This is a smoking aerobat and plenty fast even with this system. It climbs straight up and will snap violently - usually when you mean to. I'm not a 3D flyer so, not sure what it will do there. I have to say it does like to fly with speed or it may snap. It weighs 19 ounces without a battery. You can fit and fly with anything from 1300 to 2100 mah 3S, but better to keep the battery below 5 ounces. The reason to buy this is good looks, proven power system and wild aerobatics.

YAK Price is $ 90 obo. Proven batteries available for extra

SOPHISTICATED LADY converted to electric. This has about 8 landings on its beautiful Monokote belly. It is the prettiest of the three planes and like new in every way. I would keep it if not for the need to fund the RES glider notion I have. Anyway, look at the servo install, motor mounting and pretty covering job to appreciate this. Fuse less battery weighs 15.5 and wing is 10 ounces. Fly this with a 2100 Mah 3s of 5.5 ounces or greater and you will need no balast to balance. It is flying with a long can ferrite speed 400 and MPjet 3.33/1 planetary box and MPI spinner. Think its a 11 inch prop now and pulls 9 amps. Not sure of controller brand, but not a popular one - Deans plug. Servos are new HS 65 and small Jamara metal gear. I sweated the elevator linkage due to it being snaked through the rudder in a tube. I used wire and a custom control horn. It came out perfect with no binding. Elevator rod is carbon fiber. Nicely fit and magnetized canopy frame but no canopy...watch your recycling bin. It flies just great - kind of old school due to brushed motor and flat bottom wing etc. Buy this one for easy big plane flying and potential thermal fun.

E-Sophisticated lady price $ 150. FM RX JR shift available for extra.

Please PM with interest. If you are a buyer and think I'm a mile off on price, I'll listen to reason. Simple - local pickup or DEAF Meet on Sunday. Thanks for looking!!
TexasJohn is offline Find More Posts by TexasJohn
Last edited by TexasJohn; Sep 21, 2010 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Wife interrupted me, prices too high
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2010, 02:56 PM
RC Enthusiast
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Jul 2005
35 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
"Photos to follow. My wife is walking in. "

Best Ad closing line, hahahahahaha
Kross is offline Find More Posts by Kross
Old Sep 23, 2010, 03:27 AM
skyspyder13110
Euless TX
Joined Jan 2009
4 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
I'd be glad to give ya $100 at the DEAF for the Sophisticated Lady.
Stomper704 is offline Find More Posts by Stomper704
Old Sep 23, 2010, 05:51 PM
Stick lift beats no lift
USA, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2003
158 Posts
Trader Rating: 60
Why don't we ride over there together after Grammy picks up the boy on Sunday and we can discuss your offer.....I just have to be back to pick him up at about 3 pm.
TexasJohn is offline Find More Posts by TexasJohn
Closed Thread