HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 21, 2010, 09:39 AM
Edubarca
Colombia, South America
Joined Oct 2009
1,092 Posts
Discussion
Eros in Colombia, First flight!!

Dear fellow modellers, Here's my Eros built from APS plans. Vital statistics: Balsa and ply, "ChinaKote" covered (Chinese equivalent of MonoKote, I gave the name!!) Tower .46 engine, HK7 radio, Chinese $4 servos. Weight: 5 pounds. Flying near my home town La Calera which is about 20 miles north of Bogotá. I fly at an elevation of 8.650 feet above sea level!! Excellent first flight. A real floater, very easy to fly. Perhaps easier than the Junior 60. I have the plans (scanned). You can have them just for asking. Enjoy!! (My email: edubarca1946@gmail.com)
Edubarca is online now Find More Posts by Edubarca
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2010, 10:52 AM
High Exalted Poohbah
Atlanta, GA USA
Joined Sep 2001
1,863 Posts
Nice plane! And a beautiful place to fly! The old timers are fun to fly aren't they Eduardo.

Planeman (Rufus)
planeman is offline Find More Posts by planeman
Old Sep 21, 2010, 12:03 PM
Santiago, Chile, South America
Joined May 2010
4 Posts
Beautifull job!!!!

Y que viva el vuelo andino.

Saludos

Enrique
AviondelSur is offline Find More Posts by AviondelSur
Old Sep 21, 2010, 01:00 PM
GEE,...it BEE model time
Interlochen, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,653 Posts
Nice model and a beautiful flying site. Have lots of fun with this one!

Soft landings,

Joe
piperjoe is offline Find More Posts by piperjoe
Old Sep 21, 2010, 01:08 PM
Huntington Beach
Joined Aug 2000
728 Posts
Edubarca, nice plane. Where are you located? My wife is Colombian and we go down frequently. I've seen a few planes north of Bogota and have been to the hobby shops downtown. I'm a glider guy so they didn't have much that interested me. There used to be 3 shops in close proximity, now I think there's 2.
Buran is online now Find More Posts by Buran
Old Sep 21, 2010, 04:22 PM
Edubarca
Colombia, South America
Joined Oct 2009
1,092 Posts
Hello Buran, I live in a small town north of Bogotá called "La Calera" (Pop 25.000) in a farm on top of a hill about 15 minutes from town. This flying site is about ten minutes from home. No runway, all handlaunched. Why don't you write to me to edubarca1946@gmail.com. Whenever you come back to Bogotá, it will be very nice to meet you.
Best wishes, Eduardo
Edubarca is online now Find More Posts by Edubarca