SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 20, 2010, 03:16 AM
Joined Jul 2010
4 Posts
Discussion
need parts but not sure what i have mx400

i did some trading for an electric heli, now i am looking for parts but i dont know what are compatible. the heli is an mx 400 pro. ark or helimax??? im confused
helinut4life is offline Find More Posts by helinut4life
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2010, 01:37 PM
Rotory-Winged Animal
The Banning Pass, CA
Joined Sep 2006
141 Posts
Re mx 400

They are all the same helicopter. Helimax was a distributor that rebadged the ARK X-400 as an "MX-400". Tower Hobbies discontinued carrying the MX 400 series a couple years ago, but still stocks replacement parts for it. ARK of Taiwan still sells X-400 kits online, a bit pricey in my opinion, though. Align Trex parts are for the most part compatible with the MX-400, with exception to the main frame and the main drive gear/ tail drive gear and pulley assembly. The stock main gear hub is crap, since the freewheeling unit is just pressed into the plastic gear and will slip on you. Helidirect sells a Microheli upgrade main gear with a hub assembly that is bolted into the gear. I still fly an old MX-400 with mechanical CCPM that has been upgraded with Trex parts, including a longer tail boom to accommodate standard 325 mm blades.

Hope this helps
Don
Anti-G is offline Find More Posts by Anti-G