HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Sandancer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 09:10 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,727 Posts
Build Log
P-47 Jug: 3-Blade Prop & *NEW* FMS 4-Blade Prop

This shows how I made an adapter so I could fit the stock FMS 4-Blade prop to a the SK 5055-580kv motor.

I turned my own Domed Spinner out of some 1 1/4" aluminum stock. I tapped it with 8mm x 1.25 threads so it would screw on the C42 prop adapter. Unfortunately the C42 prop adapter that comes with the SK 5055-580 motor has a shaft that is only 30mm long. This is not long enough to fit thru the FMS 3-Blade, so I made my own 40mm x 8mm prop adapter.

I now have the option to use my own spinner or use the VarioPROP 1201.

UP-DATE 1/12/2011: There seems to be some confusion pertaining to the TGY prop adapters fitting the various FMS prop configurations. I've added some pics to illustrate the different prop adapter to prop combination's.

UP-DATE 1/23/2011: I received the *NEW* FMS 4-Blade hub and blades, and after prepping them I thought I would see how that looked on the P-47?
The hub and spinner are plastic so time will tell if they hold hold up, but the assembly does visually look pretty good!

Upon prepping the blades with the Hamilton Standard Logos and ID numbers I did notice another contribution I seemed to have made to the on going development of the FMS line of Warbirds! I'm so proud!!
Sandancer is offline Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Sandancer; Dec 01, 2012 at 12:06 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2011, 07:42 PM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
3,980 Posts
Thanks for the photos. Just as I suspected. The stock TGY adapter won't work. And the stock FMS adapter won't fit the TGY motors.

So, Any chance of making some of these adapters for sale at an affordable price?

chewy
chewytm is online now Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Feb 14, 2011, 03:00 PM
Joined Dec 2005
33 Posts
If the Vario Prop had boots at the base of the blades it would be a perfect scale replica of the Curtis-Electric propellers on early Thunderbolts. I think I saw you mention that you turned a new hub, too. That would be the icing on the cake, so to speak.

By the way, your modifications are inspiring. I'm seriously considering doing flaps and navigation lights on my Corsair and maybe even underwing pylons for bombs/droptanks/FPV camera(?).

Thank you, for sharing your works with all of us.

David
rmasterd is offline Find More Posts by rmasterd