HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Rickyd863, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 09:39 PM
USA, KY, Louisville/Jefferson County
Joined Feb 2010
30 Posts
Discussion
September 19, 2010

Been almost a month since I updated my blog.
I calmed down my gun bug. I took my 22 and mini-14 to the range for a couple weekends and that cured the bug.
I started to install the flymentor into my trex. I was thinking it would help on the left-right and nose in hovers if I did not have top worry as much about stabilization. I actually got all the parts installed. I thought about it all week. The following weekend, I uninstalled the flymentor and put the gy401 and ar6100 back on it. I actually had some trouble getting the direction of the servos correct. It actually took untill the following weekend before I got this straightened out. I just had to start from the beginning. I also had some trouble with the gyro no headholding. I solved this by disconnecting the sense lead from the receiver. It hovers like a champ.. Can not waiting to actually take this to the park or field to fly. I think this would really help because I have been hovering in an area or 10'x10'. I still am running with the training gear on and will continue to do so until I can do more maneuvers correct and constant. then they will come off.

I started building the 600 ESP that i recently purchased. I have all mechanicals finished and next weekend will start on electrical. I will hover, then put up until I get better on the 450. I figured that I started on the 450 that I need to continue on it until a time when i feel that I am good enough to land correctly , without training gear. I will crank the 600 up to check everything out. My plans are to put a funkey 500E fuselage on the 450 and a huey on my 400. The 600 does not have a fate yet. I figure that later I will be trading the servos and gyro for probably jr cyclic and spartan gyro. But that is at a later date. I will not be doing the 3rd bearing block at this time, but probably will later. I have been reading alot on the forum about the 600 and it has really helped..

Until next time.
Rickyd863 is offline Find More Posts by Rickyd863
to remove ads between posts