SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 20, 2010, 12:42 PM
Scott Stoops
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2002
8,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by myp View Post
The 46" Vyper is my favorite plane for all the qualities that others had mentioned. However, harrier with the Vyper is definitely much harder (others might call it being different :-) than the 42" 3DHS Slick or the Addition. So, if you are getting the 46" Vyper, be prepared to be frustrated for some time in trying to harrier the Vyper.
The harrier is absolutely more active. Harrier turns, in particular, are somewhat unforgiving of passive piloting. That said, with some foamies we're actually created a class of pilots that fly 3D somewhat passively. That, besides being a poor technique, doesn't really prepare you to fly a variety of different 3D models.

Scott
sukhoi26mx is offline Find More Posts by sukhoi26mx
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2010, 12:47 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi26mx View Post
I'm really glad to see that the Vyper is finding a home in the 3D world. What that tells me (JMHO) is that the 3D world is transitioning towards the kind versatile flying style that I prefer and find more enjoyable. I absolutely don't want an airplane to fly like a kite, and some of the 3D models feel that way. I want a good combination of penetration (effectively stable tracking at speed), pitch authority at high alpha, and minimal coupling.

Scott
+ a million!

i really like IMAC freestyle type flying, some 3D mixed in with precision. ive really been interested in flying precision really low to the ground, for some reason seeing the silky smooth maneuvers up close and personal is 10x better than seeing a plain hover
rcbirk21 is offline Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
Old Sep 20, 2010, 06:07 PM
myp
Joined Oct 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi26mx View Post
The harrier is absolutely more active. Harrier turns, in particular, are somewhat unforgiving of passive piloting. That said, with some foamies we're actually created a class of pilots that fly 3D somewhat passively. That, besides being a poor technique, doesn't really prepare you to fly a variety of different 3D models.

Scott
Agreed with Scott. Harrier turn with the Vyper is definitely not for the passive pilot. That being said, once you have mastered the harrier with the Vyper, harrier with other models will be a piece of cake.
myp is offline Find More Posts by myp