SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 06, 2011, 03:26 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
Thanks for that information, I've gone with jakub's recommendation. I'll see how that flys for now.
Ive ordered a kk board until I can lay my hands on a cc one!
I see that Jakub recommends motors in the similar range.

KK is good. I am testing one in my Jakub's quad now. CC is also good when you can get your hands on one.
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2011, 04:52 PM
Sweden, Norrbotten County
Joined Jun 2007
601 Posts
2 Quads and a Hexa (6 min 9 sec)
cyberdog is offline Find More Posts by cyberdog
Old Sep 11, 2011, 07:59 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Nov 2006
94 Posts
Ll4

I finished my LL4 last week and strapped the GoPro on it this weekend. Here's my first MultiRotor video:

QuadCopter around the house (2 min 10 sec)
MaxGen is offline Find More Posts by MaxGen
Last edited by MaxGen; Sep 13, 2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 12:40 AM
Joined Mar 2010
379 Posts
fpv doubt :)

little off from the topic .. im very new to fpy , so i just added 1.2g vtx with gopro to my multicopter LL4, the video quality was good till the motors are not armed , at the time when copter is armed i get very bad distortions in the video , what might be the problem , please advice
quaddynamics is offline Find More Posts by quaddynamics
Old Sep 12, 2011, 12:51 AM
Seattle
Joined Dec 2008
281 Posts
Grey lines accross the screen?

You need to filter the power used for the video gear. Make your own, search for: sander style LC filter
Jaguar_5 is offline Find More Posts by Jaguar_5
Old Sep 12, 2011, 12:51 AM
Seattle
Joined Dec 2008
281 Posts
This post:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=14
Jaguar_5 is offline Find More Posts by Jaguar_5
Old Sep 12, 2011, 04:14 AM
Joined Mar 2010
379 Posts
Thanks a lot Jaguar_5, i will try this immediately
quaddynamics is offline Find More Posts by quaddynamics
Old Sep 12, 2011, 03:57 PM
Joined May 2011
62 Posts
Fiberglass "crow" frame is pretty crash proof

Last weekend I had some unfortunate mailfunction during flight, which ended in an approx 200m free fall. I used Jakub's fiberglass frame, and was impressed how crash proof is it. Despite the long way down, I have to replace only one arm, all other components are survived (well except the props and the bearings). It seems that the clever composition of the arm acted as a shock supressor.
See it in video :
Quadcopter Major crash (1 min 22 sec)

I already ordered the spares. (plus black crow frame just because it's soo cooool).
eosbandi is offline Find More Posts by eosbandi
Old Sep 13, 2011, 01:54 AM
Krakow/POLAND
Joined Dec 2009
1,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eosbandi View Post
Last weekend I had some unfortunate mailfunction during flight, which ended in an approx 200m free fall....
Nice landing
You're right - this frame almost always will break in the same place -
main part with controller is safe

Jakub
Jakub J is offline Find More Posts by Jakub J
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:25 PM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,764 Posts
Finally finished my Lunar Lander 4 frame with 2 axis gimbal. Here is the first test flight. Not bad, but I think I can tweak some of the gimbal roll and tilt parameters on my Hoverfly Pro board to get it a little better but thought this was a pretty good first flight test.

My only problem now is the motors are in the line of view of the GoPro, which was fine for testing the gimbal to see the movement but not good when I want to shoot good video.

I don't suppose you have a tabbed center piece to push the gimbal our further? Maybe some thicker center plates with a tab coming off the front of one of them?

This is a great frame and flew well, can't wait to take it out for some FPV flights.

Thanks,
Paul

Lunar Lander 4 Frame Gimbal Test with Hoverfly Pro (3 min 56 sec)
AeroVideoUS is offline Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Old Sep 18, 2011, 05:02 AM
NW England
Joined Jul 2005
620 Posts
Pretty much ready to buy the camera mount (the black looks much cooler )...

Are these the es08md servos but with a different name?

http://www.giantcod.co.uk/epower-dig...-p-403798.html

They're digital... that correct? I'll be using them with the multiwii software.

And how much difference do the bearing upgrades make? And side by side comparison videos?

Ben.
ben123 is offline Find More Posts by ben123
Old Sep 18, 2011, 05:11 AM
Krakow/POLAND
Joined Dec 2009
1,743 Posts
Hi

I have just bought Emax servos here:
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/102539519.html

All were ok.

q
Jakub J is offline Find More Posts by Jakub J
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 21, 2011, 03:51 AM
Joined May 2010
101 Posts
First post in this thread...

I have just completed the Tricopter with the quadframe.com MultiWii-controller, and I was really impressed by the quality! My girlfriend thinks the Tricopter looks like an ugly tv-antenna, but I think it looks cool! High Tech!

My first few flights (ever with a multicopter) where not that successful, I must have broken about 5 props already. I thought I could manage without propsavers, but I was wrong! I have also broken 3 servo arms. Propsavers are strongly recommended!

I have now upgraded the MultiWii firmware to 1.8, and I find it much more stable! I wish I had done this before the first flight. The weird thing though, is the accelerometer differences between the two versions. In 1.7, the Acc parameters where Roll: 0, Pitch: 0, Z: 255. In 1.8, they are Roll: 0, Pitch 0, Z: 507. Strange! Has anyone got an explanation for this? Does it even matter?

The stable mode is now trimmed in, but I had to use a lot of stick-trimming to make the tricopter fly level in stable mode. About 30 roll "clicks" to the left and 15 negative pitch clicks. And I thought calibrating it in the config GUI was enough?

Finally, some thougts about the RCTimer parts I bought:

RCTimer 18A ESCs: Seems to work ok, but they constantly emit a high pitch beeeeeeeeeeep. They might not like the high update rate?

RCTimer 750kv motors: I ordered four of these, just to have one spare. It turned out to be a good idea, as one of them vibrated heavily right from the start. I believe the bearing needs to be changed. Turning the motor by hand reveals an "not so smooth" section about 20 degrees wide.
Having flown (and landed upside down) a few times has made the shafts come loose. But that might be because I didn't use propsavers.

12 pairs of counter rotating props: Needs a lot of balancing. I tried to balance the first one by sanding it at the heavy side. It got thinner and thinner, and was still not balanced. I abandoned that solution and used CA to make the light side heavier. That worked, but I believe it makes the prop more brittle.

If you can find your parts anywhere else...don't use RCTimer.
XDreamer is offline Find More Posts by XDreamer
Old Sep 22, 2011, 07:50 AM
My other vehicle is unmanned
Joined Jan 2010
1,392 Posts
i use a bit of electrical tape on my light blade to balance props just stick it onto the front edge and keep trimming it until it balances you can move the bit of tape from along the blade to get it perfect then wrap the tape down both top and bottom done. it can also be taken off and rebalanced if your not happy with it i think this is much better than ca.

Paul nice vid seems to work well for a first attempt it kind of cool seeing the motors move in the image but as you say from a more professional video point of view it would be better to have them out of view.

I got my cam gimbal together and tested im using the hitech servos and it seems to work great no slop or play at all i would recommend getting the ball race extras if your buying a new kit. i just need to mount it on my xquad and get it working with the board tonight. i cant wait to try flying with it.
cheers
Nick
fpvnick is offline Find More Posts by fpvnick
Last edited by fpvnick; Sep 22, 2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 11:46 AM
Joined Apr 2010
1,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakub J View Post
Advanced MultiWii FPV flying controller is on stock!
That was two weeks ago.
Now it' written "Cart Error - The product 'MultiWii FPV flying controller - MultiWii FPV controller QUADcopter X firmware' is already sold out."

When is the new batch expected ?
Mortimer is offline Find More Posts by Mortimer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 5V Power Supply