HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Joshua Wesley, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 12:38 PM
Faster!
United States, NV, Sparks
Joined Oct 2004
1,161 Posts
Discussion
Flight Safety, Two Weeks in Wichita

I've been sent to the Flight Safety International Learning Center in Wichita, KS for the Cessna Citation 560 V, Ultra, Encore and Encore Plus Initial training. As per my companies requirements to remain a Cessna Authorized Service Center, we must have a certain number of hours of training from Flight Safety. I was selected, signed my one year contract, and before I knew it I was on CRJ headed for Wichita.

First week went well, and I aced the first exam. Although I've been working primarily on the Citation 500 series (500, 550, 560, etc) now for a couple years, there's a surprising amount that I didn't know, especially when it comes to the changes the airframe experienced when it was upgraded to the Encore and Encore Plus with bigger 535 engines, trailing link gear, and Kollsman pressurization system, just to name a few. Its a great facility and I'm very impressed with the knowledge and resources available to us.

BLADE mSR

After just a couple days of being here in Wichita, and realizing that many of my normal extracurricular activities simply are not possible here in Wichita, I got the R/C itch. I headed down to Hobbytown USA (after driving halfway to KC on a toll way, stupid GPS), I pick up a Blade mSR RTF. I've been reluctant to get a Spektrum system, as I'm a FASST kind of guy. But for indoor stuff, what the heck. After about 3 minutes of set up and flew it for the first time in my hotel room. WOW!!! Awesome! I can't believe I've been missing out on this new generation of micro planes! Now I'm in the market for a DX6i so I can have a whole fleet of these little guys. Just one complaint though, the darn thing is too stable! Its going to ruin me when I get home and fly my EXI-450.

Visited the Cosmosphere in Hutchinson yester, I couple photos are included

-Joshua
Joshua Wesley is offline Find More Posts by Joshua Wesley
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2010, 02:12 PM
Flick lives
beautiful, picturesque Southern New Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2008
475 Posts
The RC Fever

This is how we know we've got "The Fever." Away from home, holed up in a hotel for days on end...Do we go down to the hotel bar, looking for some action? Of course not, we seek our special brand of gratification by finding the nearest LHS! I feel your pain.
BladeHead is offline Find More Posts by BladeHead
Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:26 PM
Mt Tamborine, Queensland, Australia
Joined May 2008
756 Posts
Great to hear you like the mSr, I'm about to buy one. I was born in Hutchinson and lived for many years in Wichita, good to hear from someone visiting there. I haven't been back in 30 years.
tobermei is offline Find More Posts by tobermei