HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 19, 2010, 03:52 AM
Germany, Koblenz
Joined Sep 2006
79 Posts
Discussion
Jetpower 2010 fair Saturday Ahrweiler

Hello guys,

so I´m uploading some Videos of yesterday from the JP.

Here is the Schuebeler Jets Slot:
JetPower 2010 Saturday #2 Slot Schuebeler Jets (10 min 19 sec)

the rest see on the right at my uploads: http://www.youtube.com/user/RWJets?f.../5/K1yVk-4-xpI
Also taken pictures, will be uploading on my Webpage today.

Enjoy

René
RW-Jets is offline Find More Posts by RW-Jets
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:45 AM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,197 Posts
Thanks for posting!
I wish I could have seen a few burner passes with that big mig, I havn't seen that model before.
How did the power look for the big Mig?

I'm still waiting on my DS-94 HST

That airliner was really sweet too, awsome he can stay in the air 10 minutes, I'd love to do an airliner some day. I had a little e-flight airliner that I had a blast with
Ron101 is offline Find More Posts by Ron101
Old Sep 19, 2010, 12:47 PM
Germany, Koblenz
Joined Sep 2006
79 Posts
Yeah Ron, that big Mig was not fast at that flying time...I also didn´t see or notice a burner fly by...(could be when I was filming the F-20 )

Power seems o.k., but for me a bit to slow in flight.

René
RW-Jets is offline Find More Posts by RW-Jets
Old Sep 20, 2010, 09:27 AM
still trying to get it right
benelux
Joined Feb 2009
680 Posts
Ron, This was the first flights of this model so he was playing it safe especially as it was in public, the kit is a Composite ARF MIG 15 turbine conversion to EDF and has loads of scale detail and about 2 meter span, it will go a lot faster than that when it's sorted. What have you got planned for your 94?
yakhakker is offline Find More Posts by yakhakker
Old Sep 20, 2010, 09:48 AM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,197 Posts
Quote:
Ron, This was the first flights of this model so he was playing it safe especially as it was in public, the kit is a Composite ARF MIG 15 turbine conversion to EDF and has loads of scale detail and about 2 meter span, it will go a lot faster than that when it's sorted. What have you got planned for your 94?
I see, that makes sence you want to be sure the model is safe first.
I have a shiny new Jet Legend 1/6 EDF version of the there BAE Hawk in red arrows scheme out in the shop just waiting for me to assemble.

If I'm happy with the fan I have a Twin Yellow F-18 to build which will get two DS-94 HST... I'm going to enjoy just looking at the fan it's such a fine piece of work from all the pictures I've seen. Can wait to have it in hand!
Ron101 is offline Find More Posts by Ron101
Old Sep 20, 2010, 09:49 AM
My project: FAIREY DELTA 1
Uden Volkel, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
4,976 Posts
The Mig appeared to be a tad tailheavy. Seemed to be in glider mode for most of the flight.
Erik v. Schaik is offline Find More Posts by Erik v. Schaik
Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:00 AM
corsair nut
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Profanity). It is temporarily hidden while corsair nut edits it.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 12:54 PM
DominicM
Fleet, Hampshire, UK.
Joined May 2003
2,373 Posts
It was a great event in general but the EDF contribution was still quite small. Jurgen's DS94 F20 was awesome and so so quiet. The Tazor was really quick and up close you could see it is a quality airframe. There was a lot of interest in the GBR Jets Stinger which will fly next year on Jetcat P20 and EDF. The Aviation Design eScorpion was disappointing. Seemed to need full throttle to get around on its 9S setup and even then wasn't that quick. The price at 750+ Euro seemed a 'little' excessive.
DominicM is offline Find More Posts by DominicM
Old Sep 20, 2010, 02:24 PM
There was a crease in the plan
Joined Jun 2010
1,332 Posts
Like the look of that Mig by GBR Jets

I think the Tazor would be very much faster now since our experiance at e-jets, Chris of Red Leader has revised the fan postion and undercarriage rotation points and the CG is 15mm further back than Mike and I were able to place it at the event.

Some time in the new year I will pick up another for next season and just enjoy flying the pants off it. Got a whole bunch of other projects lined up, spent 4 years on the Tazor, time for something new on the bench and in my head.
Steve Haynes is offline Find More Posts by Steve Haynes
Old Sep 20, 2010, 02:39 PM
DominicM
Fleet, Hampshire, UK.
Joined May 2003
2,373 Posts
I got some nice HD footage of its flight Chris. It really was superb. Will post it here when I've got it uploaded with the 30+ other flights I recorded for RCG.
DominicM is offline Find More Posts by DominicM
Old Sep 20, 2010, 02:57 PM
There was a crease in the plan
Joined Jun 2010
1,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchit View Post
I got some nice HD footage of its flight Chris. It really was superb. Will post it here when I've got it uploaded with the 30+ other flights I recorded for RCG.
That would be good! Dave can fly a jet like the very Devil himself, well infact pretty much anything

Oh, I am not Chris, he is still in Switzerland I think ;-0
Steve Haynes is offline Find More Posts by Steve Haynes
Old Sep 20, 2010, 03:13 PM
UK
Joined Oct 2007
632 Posts
Ron, i see your wife isnt to happy with you spending so much on model planes lately.

She's got you sleeping outside

Id definatley trade a few nights outside for another plane. or in your case 2 planes
EDF Crazy is offline Find More Posts by EDF Crazy
Old Sep 20, 2010, 03:20 PM
still trying to get it right
benelux
Joined Feb 2009
680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik v. Schaik View Post
The Mig appeared to be a tad tailheavy. Seemed to be in glider mode for most of the flight.
the Mig was on its first outing at the show hence the saggy bottom I guess also he was taking it easy until the plane is proven before letting her rip
yakhakker is offline Find More Posts by yakhakker
Old Sep 20, 2010, 03:37 PM
KingtechUSA
Tampa FL
Joined Apr 2009
2,831 Posts
Same here lol. We could by a tent and all get new planes

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDF Crazy View Post
Ron, i see your wife isnt to happy with you spending so much on model planes lately.

She's got you sleeping outside

Id definatley trade a few nights outside for another plane. or in your case 2 planes
gunradd is offline Find More Posts by gunradd
Old Sep 20, 2010, 04:11 PM
RL-Composites
Chelmsford, Essex, England
Joined Nov 2007
431 Posts
Just got back from Jet Power, what a great weekend. The Tazor flew beautifully on Sunday as ditchit mentioned. Would love to see the video as I was too busy on the flight line with Dave to do any filming myself.

Loads of interest in the Tazor, great show, great weekend :-)
Mavpoint is offline Find More Posts by Mavpoint