HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Sandancer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 11:06 AM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,737 Posts
Build Log
P-47 Jug: The M2 Browning "Ma Deuce" Guns

I didn't like the plastic tubed "machine guns" so I decided to make my own.

I know the original "Ma Duece" guns were black, but I like the way these came out!

What I did to make everything fit tight was first I cut 8 pieces of the original plastic gun tubes about 3/4" long then sanded them to fit the contour of the wing edge, that is the black lip you see. Then I cut the 8 gun barrels to scale length using 5/16" aluminum tubing. I still didn't like the size of the barrels so I took 8 pieces of 3/16" aluminum tubing 1" long, and used a small countersink end mill and a 1/8" drill bit to create the muzzle openings. Everything held together with CA Gel. I got a little counter-reaction when some glue came in contact with the black paint, but after everything cures I'll go back and clean up with some Acetone!
Sandancer is online now Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts