SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 17, 2010, 11:06 PM
glider pilot in training
webdragon's Avatar
United States, AR, Searcy
Joined Aug 2006
647 Posts
Discussion
Lanzo bomber kit

Does anyone know of a company that is making a lazer cut Lanzo Bomber kit for .25 two stroke?
webdragon is online now Find More Posts by webdragon
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2010, 07:44 AM
Dave Segal
Philadelphia PA USA
Joined Jun 2001
547 Posts
www.klarichkits.com/ has about 25 sizes of Bomber short kits.

www.bhplans.com/ also has several sizes of kits.
Dsegal is offline Find More Posts by Dsegal
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2010, 08:33 AM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2005
1,872 Posts
You may need to be a bit more specific as to which Lanzo Bomber you are thinking of. For there are two versions. The wing center section and tips on each being different. I did the plan and parts for the larger versions of the Lanzo Bomber for Bob Holman several years ago. And, although original plan indicates that two versions can be built from same parts, they cannot.

Jim O' Reily came out with a small version and the one by Klarich is not a full kit, and missing quite a few items. The latter is 100% hand cut as I remember.


Wm.
coosbaylumber is offline Find More Posts by coosbaylumber
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2010, 08:49 AM
Registered User
Jim Kraft's Avatar
The middle of Kansas
Joined Jan 2005
727 Posts
I built this 60" version for my Ohlsson 23 from a Klarich short kit. I do not remember if it had extra ribs for building either version wing or not since it has been a while since building it. It would fly very well with a .25 though. It is not lazer cut, but very nice parts cut from good wood.
Jim Kraft is online now Find More Posts by Jim Kraft
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2010, 10:55 AM
AMA7224 LSF1832
Leadchucker's Avatar
Joined Sep 2008
3,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kraft View Post
It is not lazer cut, but very nice parts cut from good wood.
As are all of Klarich Kits I have bought.They are a pleasure to deal with and deliver the goods quickly.
Leadchucker is offline Find More Posts by Leadchucker
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 18, 2010, 12:17 PM
glider pilot in training
webdragon's Avatar
United States, AR, Searcy
Joined Aug 2006
647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosbaylumber View Post
You may need to be a bit more specific as to which Lanzo Bomber you are thinking of. For there are two versions. The wing center section and tips on each being different. I did the plan and parts for the larger versions of the Lanzo Bomber for Bob Holman several years ago. And, although original plan indicates that two versions can be built from same parts, they cannot.

Jim O' Reily came out with a small version and the one by Klarich is not a full kit, and missing quite a few items. The latter is 100% hand cut as I remember.


Wm.
See, this is exactly why i come here to ask questions. I had no clue there were two versions.
Any chance of anyone having pictures of each type?
webdragon is online now Find More Posts by webdragon
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2010, 11:37 PM
Registered User
Chris Jenkins's Avatar
United Kingdom, Wales
Joined Feb 2005
772 Posts
Jim...that looks very sweet indeed !

Very nice, thanks for posting

Regards
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kraft View Post
I built this 60" version for my Ohlsson 23 from a Klarich short kit. I do not remember if it had extra ribs for building either version wing or not since it has been a while since building it. It would fly very well with a .25 though. It is not lazer cut, but very nice parts cut from good wood.
Chris Jenkins is offline Find More Posts by Chris Jenkins
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2010, 09:43 AM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2005
1,872 Posts
The biggest difference between the small and big versions was that the 48 inch center section took more standard W-1 ribs than the 36 inch version. The 36 inch version is now the hottie in SAM, but back when I talked to Chet he said throughout the 1950's the 48 was hottest. The wing areas are slightly different for both A/C and the original plan indicated to simply modify the ribs some if you were building the 36 inch version.

Most all then, were built for FF. not Radio control as now. This A/C was built to be a floater, and not a sky streaker. The .25 ought to work fine in a rescaled format then.


Wm.
coosbaylumber is offline Find More Posts by coosbaylumber
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2010, 12:05 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2006
45 Posts
Try Belair in the UK? Well thought of, but I don't know if they do exactly what you want- look on their www.
tony lechauve is offline Find More Posts by tony lechauve
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question 320sq in 1/2A Lanzo Bomber udlman Vintage & Old-Timer Designs 7 Sep 05, 2010 08:56 AM
Sold Lanzo Bomber laser cut NIB kit PRICE LOWERED! rcdude01 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Aug 21, 2008 10:34 AM
Sold Lanzo Bomber laser cut NIB kit rcdude01 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Aug 17, 2008 08:05 PM
Wanted Lanzo Bomber Kit rvillegachapa Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Mar 21, 2006 12:30 AM