HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 17, 2010, 05:38 PM
Eatonton Ga. United States
Joined Sep 2004
1,543 Posts
Question
Any plans to offer the Aurora 9 sans frequency module?

The reason I ask is that I just bought a 2.4Ghz. module to upgrade my Optic 6.
I plan on someday getting an Aurora 9 and it occurs to me that the easiest and least expensive upgrade path would be to be able to buy the TX with no module or RX at a reduced price because I already own the module and RX now.
I bet there would be a market if Hitec would consider this as an option .
Sky_Dancer is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Dancer
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:45 AM
United States, TX, Kerrville
Joined Oct 2003
2,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Dancer View Post
The reason I ask is that I just bought a 2.4Ghz. module to upgrade my Optic 6.
I plan on someday getting an Aurora 9 and it occurs to me that the easiest and least expensive upgrade path would be to be able to buy the TX with no module or RX at a reduced price because I already own the module and RX now.
I bet there would be a market if Hitec would consider this as an option .
You are not alone! In my case I bought the 2.4 GHz module for an Eclipse 7. I now have the 2.4 equipped models on the A-9 and am using the Eclipse 7 on 72 MHz with a Spectra module. So now I have a spare 2.4 GHz module.

I've thought of buying the A9 with a single-channel 72 MHz module. Haven't seen it advertised that way though.
CR
Charley38 is offline Find More Posts by Charley38
Last edited by Charley38; Sep 20, 2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:49 AM
Hitec service
San Diego
Joined Nov 2004
687 Posts
Probably not as a package we make but maybe one of the distributors would offer the radio in a stripped down package. Hobby Horse in the past has offered radios like this.
BRENDAN LUGO is offline Find More Posts by BRENDAN LUGO
Old Sep 25, 2010, 11:55 AM
Eatonton Ga. United States
Joined Sep 2004
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENDAN LUGO View Post
Probably not as a package we make but maybe one of the distributors would offer the radio in a stripped down package. Hobby Horse in the past has offered radios like this.
Servo City does too but to date I have not seen them carrying the Aurora 9 at all.
Sky_Dancer is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Dancer