HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 17, 2010, 03:43 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Discussion
White House Insider on Obama: “the President is Losing It.”

This sounds about right. Perhaps truthy, perhaps truth.

I'm leaning towards the latter.

Quote:
A longtime Washington D.C. insider, and former advisor to the Obama election campaign and transition team, speaks out on an administration in crisis, and a president increasingly withdrawn from the job of President.

According to the person sitting across from me, those were incredibly exciting times, even for one who had been a participant with three previous presidential hopefuls. Barack Obama appeared to move from one city to the next effortlessly, gaining confidence and motivation with each campaign stop. He was remarkable to watch. He took the script, elevated it with his oration, left the crowds screaming for more, and then would do it all over again, time after time after time. On the campaign trail, Obama is a machine.

When I asked this insider if the media gave candidate Obama an assist throughout his campaign, it elicits a sly smile. Sure – we definitely had people in the media on our side. Absolutely. We went so far as to give them specific ideas for coverage. The ones who took that advice from the campaign were granted better access, and Obama was the biggest story in 2008, so yeah, that gave us a lot of leverage.

Could Obama have succeeded without the media’s help? Yeah, I think so. As I said, on the campaign trail he is very-very good. The opposition didn’t have near the energy, or the celebrity attraction that Obama brings. Plus, the country was burned out after eight years of Bush. We knew that going in. We knew that if we won the Democrat nomination, we were likely going to cruise our way to the White House – and that is exactly what we did.”

But after Obama was sworn in, things began to change? Almost immediately. Obama loved to campaign. He clearly didn’t like the work of being President though, and that attitude was felt by the entire White House staff within weeks after the inauguration. Obama the tireless, hard working candidate became a very tepid personality to us. And the few news stories that did come out against him were the only things he seemed to care about. He absolutely obsesses over Fox News. For being so successful, Barack Obama is incredibly thin -skinned. He takes everything very personally.

So if Obama doesn’t appear interested in the job of president, what does he do day after day? Well, he takes his meetings just like any other president would, though even then, he seems to lack a certain focus and on a few occasions, actually leaves with the directive that be given a summary of the meeting at a later date. I hear he plays a lot of golf, and watches a lot of television – ESPN mainly. I’ll tell you this – if you want to see President Obama get excited about a conversation, turn it to sports. That gets him interested. You start talking about Congress, or some policy, and he just kinda turns off. It’s really very strange. I mean, we were all led to believe that this guy was some kind of intellectual giant, right? Ivy League and all that. Well, that is not what I saw. Barack Obama doesn’t have a whole lot of intellectual curiosity. When he is off script, he is what I call a real “slow talker”. Lots of ummms, and lots of time in between answers where you can almost see the little wheel in his head turning very slowly. I am not going to say the president is a dumb man, because he is not, but yeah, there was a definite letdown when you actually hear him talking without the script.

That sounds like you are calling Obama stupid to me. No – I am not going to call him stupid. He just doesn’t strike me as particularly smart. Bill Clinton is a smart guy – he would run intellectual circles around Barack Obama. And Bill Clinton loved the politics of being president. Obama seems to think he shouldn’t have to be bothered, which has created a considerable amount of conflict among his staff.

So how bad are things at the White House these days? I don’t know about right now, because I have not been there in over a month. But I still hear things, and I know what it was like when I left. It’s not good. As bad as it might look to voters based on what they do know, it’s much worse. The infighting is off the charts. You got a Chief of Staff who despises cabinet members, advisors who despise the Chief of Staff, a President and First Lady having their own issues…

Ok, back to President Obama then. In just a few words, how would you describe him these days? Like I said, it’s been a while since I was last at the White House, but I don’t have a problem saying that the president is losing it. I don’t mean he is like losing his mind. I mean to say that he is losing whatever spark he had during the campaign. When you take away the crowds, Obama gets noticeably smaller. He shrinks up inside of himself. He just doesn’t seem to have the confidence to do the job of President, and it’s getting worse and worse. Case in point – just a few days before I left, I saw first hand the President of the United States yelling at a member of his staff. He was yelling like a spoiled child. And then he pouted for several moments after. I wish I was kidding, or exaggerating, but I am not. The President of the United States threw a temper tantrum. The jobs reports are always setting him off, and he is getting increasingly conspiratorial over the unemployment numbers. I never heard it myself, but was told that Obama thinks the banking system is out to get him now. That they and the big industries

are making him pay for trying to regulate them more. That is the frame of mind the President is in these days. And you know what? Maybe he is right, who knows?..

Read more:
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Sep 17, 2010, 03:47 PM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Very interesting, and whether true or not, his visage since his election fits in very well with how he's described in the OP.

One thing that's as cool as all get-out; he appears to be a fan of the one news source where you get the real-deal truth about things, and I bet that really get's under his skin.

Quote:
He absolutely obsesses over Fox News.
And then the suggestion of paranoia fits right in with a would-be despotic, two-bit dictator. I can believe that in a heart beat.

Quote:
The President of the United States threw a temper tantrum. The jobs reports are always setting him off, and he is getting increasingly conspiratorial over the unemployment numbers. I never heard it myself, but was told that Obama thinks the banking system is out to get him now. That they and the big industries are making him pay for trying to regulate them more. That is the frame of mind the President is in these days. And you know what? Maybe he is right, who knows?..
Yea, and maybe he's just a paranoid schitzoid. Just maybe.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Sep 17, 2010, 03:52 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,792 Posts
He never had it... so how can he lose it?
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Sep 17, 2010, 03:54 PM
USA, FL, Doral
Joined Jul 2006
1,297 Posts
In the old country we had folk saying that goes "deseo no empreńa"....Roughly translated means "Desire does not get a woman pregnant".
keep dreaming.......
yucafrita is offline Find More Posts by yucafrita
Old Sep 17, 2010, 03:58 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
That is an interesting look behind the curtain. I think the tell all books that come out in the future will be great. I'm betting you see one or two come out before the 2012 election.
RumRunner_1492 is online now Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Sep 17, 2010, 04:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2008
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
He never had it... so how can he lose it?
Obama has issues centered around his father leaving him and his mother being so eager to find male companionship.

Its been documented ... let me find some sources:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...om.html?cat=72

Just google as there are many level sites that discuss what Obama REALLY is.

Jonathan
FireryPhoenix is offline Find More Posts by FireryPhoenix
Old Sep 17, 2010, 04:04 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2008
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
That is an interesting look behind the curtain. I think the tell all books that come out in the future will be great. I'm betting you see one or two come out before the 2012 election.
You mean things like:

Obama is Kenyan

Obama was and still is Muslim

Obama is a Marxist

Yep, there is stuff most don't even care about...

J
FireryPhoenix is offline Find More Posts by FireryPhoenix
Old Sep 17, 2010, 04:08 PM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireryPhoenix View Post
Obama has issues centered around his father leaving him and his mother being so eager to find male companionship.

Its been documented ... let me find some sources:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...om.html?cat=72

Just google as there are many level sites that discuss what Obama REALLY is.

Jonathan
And that get's the prize.

You don't have to explore Obama's childhood much to realize that he is one screwed up kid.
Most kids with his fractured background and growing up with the influences he did would end up in jail for life or as a frontman for the Black Panthers.
Unfortunately for America, he pointed his whacky worldview projections at doing much more damage than just being a thug.
Well, he is a thug, but now he's President Thug, and that's something we have to live with for another 2.3 years.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Sep 17, 2010, 04:28 PM
Made in the USA
Joined May 2010
421 Posts
His wife isn't happy either. I would suggest he resign but that leaves us with Biden. And if they BOTH resign, shutter to think of that.
It's best he stay and just play golf for the next two years. We'll have an all new Tea Party congress soon and that will have to do for now. Then in 2012 we'll get rid of him too. The future is looking brighter.
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Sep 17, 2010, 04:32 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yucafrita View Post
In the old country we had folk saying that goes "deseo no empreńa"....Roughly translated means "Desire does not get a woman pregnant".
keep dreaming.......

I wonder what you'll say after the next presidential election... Statements like this may come back to you...
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Sep 17, 2010, 04:40 PM
USA, FL, Doral
Joined Jul 2006
1,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
I wonder what you'll say after the next presidential election... Statements like this may come back to you...
Why? of course thre is a very good chance that we have a republican president 2012....but is that very different than the staments made on the OP....just because some folks would love to see our president "losing it" doesnt mean that is actually happen in anyway, shape or form.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 04:43 PM
Made in the USA
Joined May 2010
421 Posts
I don't think Mr. Obama is losing it, I don't think he ever had it!
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Sep 17, 2010, 04:45 PM
USA, FL, Doral
Joined Jul 2006
1,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireryPhoenix View Post
You mean things like:

Obama is Kenyan

Obama was and still is Muslim

Obama is a Marxist

Yep, there is stuff most don't even care about...

J
Ignorant post of the day.
If you actually believe any of those things....well ,is kind of sad actually, that some people can be so detached from reality.
Dont like the man, fine, dont like and oppose his policies, fine, but to spread lies and propaganda like that, and even worse, to actually BELIEVE it....is pathetic.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 04:48 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Is his past membership in the New Party a lie or propoganda?
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Sep 17, 2010, 05:08 PM
S. FL
Joined Jan 2007
854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
One came out before the last election called "Obama Nation" and it didn't seem to have much of an impact obviously, he was elected.
Libelle201B is offline Find More Posts by Libelle201B