HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 04, 2003, 02:15 AM
Blaine, MN
Joined Jun 2003
43 Posts
GWS Wheels are GARBAGE!!!

Sheesh!!! why doesnt GWS use different wheels? these have to be the worst wheels ever designed... i was flying my beaver today and successfully did 2 touch-n-go's on the 3rd on a nice easy approach, the wheel snapped... WHAT GARBAGE!!! Mr. Lin i have seen enough people complaining about these wheels im sure you could design a better wheel for $1 more and im sure people would be happy to get nice foam wheels.... PLEASE INCLUDE NICER WHEELS IN YOU KITS!!! you would even put an advertisement on the box as a selling point.. like in the lower left hand corner of the box you could put "NOW WITH IMPROVED WHEELS" and put a little picture of them... im sure people wouldnt mind paying an extra $1-$3 for some nice wheels... thats the only complaint i have with GWS other than the recievers which i think are garbage also.. they are glitchy and make the airplane hicup... it loses signal sometimes and freaks out at random times... so to improve your image fix the reciever problem and for pete sake GET BETTER WHEELS!!!!!!!
MinnParkflyer is offline Find More Posts by MinnParkflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2003, 09:49 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,443 Posts

Guess this is one you need? Hope the wheels is right style for you!
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Jul 04, 2003, 11:37 AM
Blaine, MN
Joined Jun 2003
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by GWS4CEO

Guess this is one you need? Hope the wheels is right style for you!
yes those are alot better now start putting those wheels in your kits ! put the garbage wheels in the kit also if you want but make sure that the new wheels are in the kit... who cares if the kit is an extra $1 or $2 its well worth it... can you believe the garbage wheels from GWS in the USA are like $2.99 from horizonhobby ?
sheesh !!! $2.99 for a little tiny piece of cheep plastic!!!! grrrrrr
Old Jul 04, 2003, 05:59 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,443 Posts
However, you can see many other makers are copying those GWS garbage wheels.

New wheels still fool around some where in GWS production line! I can't expect them to be ready to go with F4U at this time.
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Jul 04, 2003, 11:51 PM
Pasadena, California, USA
Joined Mar 2002
472 Posts
Look who is copying the garbage GWS wheel :
dw1122 is offline Find More Posts by dw1122
Old Jul 05, 2003, 12:00 AM
Blaine, MN
Joined Jun 2003
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dw1122
Look who is copying the garbage GWS wheel :
i bet the wheels NASA uses arent made of cheep language edited by moderator plastic and break under very low stress loads...

Edited by Brian Cullen on July 5th 2003 at 4:13PM
Old Jul 05, 2003, 01:20 AM
Joined Feb 2001
316 Posts
Hey folks, let's watch the language and the negativity. One can complain effectively without unpleasantness, cursing or evoking anger. Remember, young people check these boards too. Let's present them with an example that's worthy of the good things this hobby represents.

Have a nice day.
Carter is offline Find More Posts by Carter
Old Jul 05, 2003, 01:21 AM
AllAloneInSpaceAndTime
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Apr 2003
2,387 Posts
I think the point is that Mr. Lin IS in fact listening.....

THEY'RE ON THEIR WAY FOLKS!!!!!

Enemy

BTW Mr. Lin. I like the joke about look who is copying GWS wheels. ROFL
The Enemy is offline Find More Posts by The Enemy
Old Jul 05, 2003, 02:04 AM
Blaine, MN
Joined Jun 2003
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Carter
Hey folks, let's watch the language and the negativity. One can complain effectively without unpleasantness, cursing or evoking anger. Remember, young people check these boards too. Let's present them with an example that's worthy of the good things this hobby represents.

Have a nice day.
they say language edited by moderator on the radio and network television... i hardly feel that it hurt anyones feelings...

Edited by Brian Cullen on Jul 05, 2003 at 4:16PM
Old Jul 05, 2003, 05:54 AM
Tucson, AZ
Joined May 2002
911 Posts
What the?

My gosh MPF your a piece of work. Please go bother your brother or something. Nobody wants to hear your senseless dribble.
If you're freaking out so bad about the wheels don't buy GWS kits! Go scratch out your perfect plane and buy some wheels from Dubro or Dave Brown or?... It seems you have a much bigger problem then some toy plastic wheels. In due time, if Mr. Lin wants to change his wheels he will. A lot of ezoners have put in many different requests for certain changes. And he has made good on many of them. The lack of respect for people won't get you anywhere. Taking cheapshots from your keyboard is one thing. Would you do it to his face if he were standing right in front of you? I doubt it.
DesertRC is offline Find More Posts by DesertRC
Old Jul 05, 2003, 06:41 AM
Aging Busdriver
Florida Keys
Joined May 2003
146 Posts
Hey Minn, Go drink another gallon of coffee. I've never had those wheels break. Bigger wheels = more weight. Bigger wheels = more drag. Buy the ones you want for the 3 bucks more you want everyone else to pay.
Captain Ed is offline Find More Posts by Captain Ed
Old Jul 05, 2003, 09:57 AM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MinnParkflyer
they say *** on the radio and network television... i hardly feel that it hurt anyones feelings...
You have been asked by other readers to refrain from using sour language and negativity. Now you are being asked by a moderator. Our R/C Groups forum policies spell out the rules to make this a family friendly comfortable non-confrontational forum. I Thank You in advance for your future consideration.

Greg Gallegos
GregG is online now Find More Posts by GregG
Old Jul 05, 2003, 11:12 AM
Blaine, MN
Joined Jun 2003
43 Posts
ok whatever... i hear that word i used on Conan O'brien, Howard Stern, Jay Leno, Dave Latterman, Micheal Savage, The Best Damn Sports Show Period, The Man Show, Jimmy Kimmel i dont see the problem with a word that refers to a donkey... we all have one...
Old Jul 05, 2003, 01:55 PM
Tee Sqaured
Langley, B.C, Canada
Joined Jun 2001
4,548 Posts
MinnParkflyer, no offence man, but give Mr. lin a break...

Im sure he's got 10000 things to do with this huge companey, and im sure he dosen't need bad mothing about his products, just like if you owned GWS, would you like somebody trashing you?

IMHO, GWS is one of the best park flyer companies around, there products are supurb and they fly/work realy well, all at awsome prices!

Yes, i agree the wheels break easy, but i find it's more the pilot, i used a set in one of my planes and never hard a problem since i was easy on them, but on the first flight of one of my other GWS palne, i polped her down from about 2 feet and broke the wheel, my point is made.

All im saying is give mr Lin a break, he's a busy guy and has alot to work on, lets keep these comments and negitive feedback down, yes, the weels are bad, but GWS dose not need to listen to yet another person bash the weels, they are working on them...

If you don't have a problem paying an extra 3 bucks, then just but another set at your hobby shop...

Thomas

P.S. PLEASE watch the language you use, this place is veiwed by young kids and the moderators strive to create a friendly comminity. Check the rules if your not sure next time...
Thomas Manson is offline Find More Posts by Thomas Manson
Last edited by Thomas Manson; Jul 05, 2003 at 02:12 PM.
Old Jul 05, 2003, 02:28 PM
CAP 232-aholic
Centreville, VA
Joined Jan 2003
1,372 Posts
I agree, the harsh languauge and abusive nature of your post is not needed. We should be lucky enough to have the CEO of a company make time to answer questions and listen to our suggestions. If you dont like the wheels let him know via amture post using decent language. If I were him id tell you to go away and spend your money on another manufactures planes.

Thank you for your input Mr. Lin

regards

matt
DiabloKid is offline Find More Posts by DiabloKid