HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2010, 04:33 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,996 Posts
Jason,
Has he flown it and crashed it? How did it perform? I hope all issues are fixed.
NaterPin is offline Find More Posts by NaterPin
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2010, 07:18 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
I really like this little heli,
It has some personality. like the old 4#3, but better.

Jason,
Did you find yourself twisting knobs to liven yours up? It seems the gains were high and extent [predictably] low on mine from the factory. It didn't really do anything in a hurry. With the hp05-2 and your tailcase w/hp03, a few tweaks to the rx. Ahhh! ..mo' bettah!

with the the shutdown lag...I find myself bailing out at the first sign of trouble, rather than attempting to fly out of trouble...that and making every effort to land on the skids, softly.

if the new rx is fixed enough for me, the shutdown is my real beef, I'll put the old one in this hughes600 fuse. For scale type flying, I don't think old or new rx will be an issue.

regards,
Bill
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:10 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
I really like this little heli,
It has some personality. like the old 4#3, but better.

Jason,
Did you find yourself twisting knobs to liven yours up? It seems the gains were high and extent [predictably] low on mine from the factory. It didn't really do anything in a hurry. With the hp05-2 and your tailcase w/hp03, a few tweaks to the rx. Ahhh! ..mo' bettah!

with the the shutdown lag...I find myself bailing out at the first sign of trouble, rather than attempting to fly out of trouble...that and making every effort to land on the skids, softly.

if the new rx is fixed enough for me, the shutdown is my real beef, I'll put the old one in this hughes600 fuse. For scale type flying, I don't think old or new rx will be an issue.

regards,
Bill
Hi Bill,
Yes,When I first flew it. I found it was just floating like a feather,But then I have cranked the gyro pots up and the travel adjust which made a big difference.
It flies very much the same as my 4#3B (Same,Same,but different) But with this one,I find I can fly myself out of trouble due to it being a bit more nimble.
Just a couple of things I have noticed with this one as far as throttle is concerned.
*Start up throttle has slight delay from zero throttle to get things spinning,But once things are spinning,I feel no delay.
*I let it fall on its "Port" (Left) side last night from a low height and the main blades did stop fast enough for no Chicken dance,But I did hear the tail motor revv up for a split second which is a bit of a worry.
If Walkera would identify this model which I have with clear markings to identify it is a V2. I would then recommend this bird,BUT, It appears that they won't do that because then they wouldn't sell the ones which are V1's in the shops now,so my theory is that they will just wait for all the V1 helis to be sold first and then bring out a v2 or v3.
Until they identify it as a v2,I would just assume you are buying a v1
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:27 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski View Post
Hi Bill,
Yes,When I first flew it. I found it was just floating like a feather,But then I have cranked the gyro pots up and the travel adjust which made a big difference.
It flies very much the same as my 4#3B (Same,Same,but different) But with this one,I find I can fly myself out of trouble due to it being a bit more nimble.
Just a couple of things I have noticed with this one as far as throttle is concerned.
*Start up throttle has slight delay from zero throttle to get things spinning,But once things are spinning,I feel no delay.
*I let it fall on its "Port" (Left) side last night from a low height and the main blades did stop fast enough for no Chicken dance,But I did hear the tail motor revv up for a split second which is a bit of a worry.
If Walkera would identify this model which I have with clear markings to identify it is a V2. I would then recommend this bird,BUT, It appears that they won't do that because then they wouldn't sell the ones which are V1's in the shops now,so my theory is that they will just wait for all the V1 helis to be sold first and then bring out a v2 or v3.
Until they identify it as a v2,I would just assume you are buying a v1
Regards Jason

Hi Jason,

The tail motor revv up for a split second is part of the
slow/delayed throttle stop problem which was said to be fixed
in V2...

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:30 AM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2010
4,044 Posts
Which do you all feel is more manueverable? The V100D01 or 4#3b? And would they both bind to a 2403 tx?
Jwmflying14 is online now Find More Posts by Jwmflying14
Old Nov 27, 2010, 12:08 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwmflying14 View Post
Which do you all feel is more manueverable? The V100D01 or 4#3b? And would they both bind to a 2403 tx?
By the fact the V100 has much faster response its far more maneuverable especially in a small space - although the 4#3B is fast, the control response is slow due to the hiller head - however a bell/hiller mod may improve this - also the tail holds much better on the newer models with the tail gyro having some heading hold characteristics where as the older models rate gyro's tend to drift much more and need re-trimming as battery depletes.

Sorry I have not tried to bind the 4#3B on the 2403 - I am not sure how the extra functions will work with the older Rx's the throttle extent and duel rate control will need testing with the 4#3B.

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Nov 27, 2010, 12:41 PM
Joined Nov 2010
4,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post
By the fact the V100 has much faster response its far more maneuverable especially in a small space - although the 4#3B is fast, the control response is slow due to the hiller head - however a bell/hiller mod may improve this - also the tail holds much better on the newer models with the tail gyro having some heading hold characteristics where as the older models rate gyro's tend to drift much more and need re-trimming as battery depletes.

Sorry I have not tried to bind the 4#3B on the 2403 - I am not sure how the extra functions will work with the older Rx's the throttle extent and duel rate control will need testing with the 4#3B.

Regards David
Oh wow.... stupid question. Disregard the "will it bind with the 2403" question.... it COMES with the 2403, as does the V120D01, Haha nevermind.....
Old Nov 27, 2010, 12:52 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Oh wow.... stupid question. Disregard the "will it bind with the 2403" question.... it COMES with the 2403, as does the V120D01, Haha nevermind.....
Oh thats good to know most of us tend to have a 2801 pro and bind all our models on it - I did try the 2403 when it arrived with the V100 but only out of interest for the new functions - after that it went back in the box and I have not seen it since

Regards David
Old Nov 27, 2010, 01:01 PM
Joined Nov 2010
4,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post
Oh thats good to know most of us tend to have a 2801 pro and bind all our models on it - I did try the 2403 when it arrived with the V100 but only out of interest for the new functions - after that it went back in the box and I have not seen it since

Regards David
What would be the advantage of the 2801? As I just got a V120D01
Old Nov 27, 2010, 01:10 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
What would be the advantage of the 2801? As I just got a V120D01
The 2801 Pro being a computerized Tx has eight separate memory slots so you can program 8 different models to the one Tx with individual trim, dual rates, timers, pitch and throttle curves (where accepted in 2801 mode).

For models like the V120D02 there is far more versatility - with the smaller 4 and 6 channel models - its just better than having loads of Tx's hanging about.

PS it also helps when you decide to buy more models you can get bind and fly (no Tx) which is a little cheaper.

Regards David
Old Nov 27, 2010, 01:44 PM
Joined Nov 2010
4,044 Posts
And I can't bind my DC6I right? =\ that's a bummer....
Old Nov 27, 2010, 02:58 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
And I can't bind my DC6I right? =\ that's a bummer....
Sorry Don't know the DC6I - all the different manufactures have their own propitiatory system and if walkera tried to use a system from say futaba or horizon then they would get sued.

in fact its not that well known but many of us who did know thought the spectrum was finished - when launched Ripmax the parent company to futaba took Horizon the parent company to spectrum to court and over two years there were appeal after appeal and spectrum were on very shaky ground - then they managed to find a loophole on the grounds of previous use sighing the auto fob locking system for cars which saved their bacon.

Regards David
Old Nov 27, 2010, 03:00 PM
Joined Nov 2010
4,044 Posts
I meant dx6i*
Old Nov 27, 2010, 03:17 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
I meant dx6i*
Well as I said above walkera cannot use Horizons propitiatory system - lucky they won the case really or there would be no Dx's or 2801's but there would have been plenty of futaba's - I wonder if that had happened - if horizon would have been prepared to take on the futaba system under license with all the risks that would have entailed

Regards David
Old Nov 27, 2010, 04:23 PM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Just added a full parts list to convert your CB100 to a V100D01.
Pretty expensive to do...

Look for the section -
Convert your CB100 to the V100D01:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=51

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z