SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 18, 2012, 11:49 PM
Team WarpSquad
Hollywood CA
Joined Jan 2008
1,012 Posts
V100D01 first flight

Finally got my V100D01 equipped with Jason JetSki skids airborne and WOW, what a cool heli!

I've been flying the CB100 almost exclusively for the last couple of years, this was a nice change of pace and really challenging.

I plan on upgrading the motors to something like an HP05 or whatevers the best suited out there now.

I think this is the best heli in it's class out there right now. No flybar and double-brushless that is indoor safe, priceless....

cyoung3000 is offline Find More Posts by cyoung3000
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2012, 06:54 PM
Team WarpSquad
Hollywood CA
Joined Jan 2008
1,012 Posts
Feathering Shaft for the V100D01

Hey everyone,

Does anybody have a picture they could post of the rotor head without the blades attached? I noticed there was a lot of play after a crash between the blades and the head and think something's missing but can't tell how the feathering shaft assembly goes together.

thanks!
Old May 20, 2012, 08:15 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoung3000 View Post
Hey everyone,

Does anybody have a picture they could post of the rotor head without the blades attached? I noticed there was a lot of play after a crash between the blades and the head and think something's missing but can't tell how the feathering shaft assembly goes together.

thanks!
You should have E clips visible in the gap between grips and rotor head. If one of them has pinged off it will be very slack and almost un-flyable.
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old May 20, 2012, 08:37 PM
Team WarpSquad
Hollywood CA
Joined Jan 2008
1,012 Posts
Eureka! I was missing BOTH E clips.

Thanks for posting the schematic, I would have never been able to guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
You should have E clips visible in the gap between grips and rotor head. If one of them has pinged off it will be very slack and almost un-flyable.
Old May 25, 2012, 10:23 PM
Joined Aug 2011
3 Posts
V100D01 - servos twitching

TabukToné

The problem exists even I use different transmitters. Thanks for the sugestion though.

I am really surprised that no seems to have the answer this problem. Seems other V100D01's had the same problem. Check this link. ..

http://www.rcdiscuss.com/showthread....Servo-RX-issue

Cheers

Frank
frankspencer is offline Find More Posts by frankspencer
Old May 26, 2012, 12:54 AM
Team WarpSquad
Hollywood CA
Joined Jan 2008
1,012 Posts
Wakera V100D01 - Build consistency

I've bought 3 V100D01 heli's from Terence at ChineseJade over the last month.

They were 100 bucks a piece, no transmitter but they came with battery, extra blades and manual.

I'm trying to figure out if I got a bad batch or if it's expected to get a few bad one's between the good one's.

1 fly's like a dream, rock solid and almost hand's free hover.

2 that are almost un-flyable, squirrley and flying all over the place. Even with everything looking OK, swashplate level etc...

My question: Is this model prone to inconsistency or is the 100 buck sale from
Terence a "closing out" sale of all the bad birdies?

Second question: If you could re-build this heli with quality parts, what would you use?
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:40 PM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Adding information for the V100D01 V2.
I also just added this to my review on the first page Brushless Motors, Pinions, ESC's, Batteries, and Flight Times.

Walkera 003 w/13T (Stock Motor and Pinion) - WK-WST-10A-L ESC. Turbo Ace 600 mah 20 C battery.

Headspeed:

3,930 RPM

Thrust:

104.5 Grams

AEO CO5 Motor 11,500kv w/16T - WK-WST-10A-L - Turbo Ace 600 mah 20 C battery - 2G BL Tail Motor.

Thrust:

94.2 Grams

Headspeed:

3,720 RPM

Flight Times:

3:00 at 3.92 volts

4:00 at 3.86 volts

5:00 at 3.80 volts

6:00 at 3.78 volts

7:00 at 3.73 volts

8:00 at 3.71 volts

9:00 at 3.69 volts

10:00 at 3.68 volts - Hit LVC on the RX. Had to land.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Last edited by Tom Z; Jul 10, 2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 09:51 AM
Oh no not another one
Mansfield, Nottinghamshire UK
Joined Jan 2011
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Sounds to me like you haven't done the hot glue tail rotor mod yet..
Like some others I dislike using glue and am trying another method of securing the tail rotor which seems to be working quite well.

Find a short piece of black silicon covered electrical wire whose conductor is a similar diameter to the tail motor shaft. Remove a short length of the silicon insulation and test its fit on the motor shaft with the tail rotor removed. Then remove and cut the insulation to the exact length of the exposed motor shaft with the tail rotor in place without its rubber securing grommet. On mine this length is 4.2mm.

Use this piece of silicon insulation to replace the rubber grommet. The additional length and tighter fit make it unlikely to pop off in a crash but easy enough to remove when you want to. The weight is negligible and so far mine hasn't budged after quite a few "poor landings"!
eyemdee is offline Find More Posts by eyemdee
Last edited by eyemdee; Dec 21, 2012 at 06:03 PM.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:31 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,966 Posts
I've found that shoegoo works rather well if you have a few hours to let it cure - easily peel-able when needed but gives a little so only a tail ripper crash causes it to let go. I like the simplicity of this insulation method though.. nice find.

I'm still thinking of selling my two V100D01 though... modded with 2.9g tail motors and solid rod booms... I feel it's hard to part with the heli I first learned on though... how sentimental of me!
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:19 PM
Oh no not another one
Mansfield, Nottinghamshire UK
Joined Jan 2011
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
I've found that shoegoo works rather well if you have a few hours to let it cure - easily peel-able when needed but gives a little so only a tail ripper crash causes it to let go. I like the simplicity of this insulation method though.. nice find.
The silicon insulation works really well once you find the right size, although it still shifts occasionally on a "not perfect" landing (feeling polite tonight).

Next experiment is to try a 4mm length of 1.2mm red or black heat shrink which looks like it will fit quite snugly. A gentle touch with the soldering iron should make it pretty solid when it tries to shrink to 0.6mm! Should remove easily by slicing with a sharp craft knife when it needs to be removed.
eyemdee is offline Find More Posts by eyemdee
Old Apr 05, 2013, 05:25 PM
Joined Apr 2011
78 Posts
hello, dont know if this threads dead or not, but thought this seemed the best place for my question. Does anyone know if the Super FP head will fit and work on the V100D01? This heli's been sitting unused for a while, and Ive decided to tinker with it again. there's a bit of slop in the head and I think the more recent super FP head might be built a little better, but I was hoping someone might know if this works or not before buying the parts. Cheers for any help,
L
Cthulu is offline Find More Posts by Cthulu
Old Apr 05, 2013, 05:33 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,662 Posts
I have both V100D01 and Super F/P. Parts look different and don't know if that would work . Wow hobbies has parts for V100, might check them out. I just got my V100 back into air and was able to get needed items. Super F/P is way more stable but V100 is fun to fly, and like twin brushless motors.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Apr 05, 2013, 05:56 PM
Joined Apr 2011
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I have both V100D01 and Super F/P. Parts look different and don't know if that would work . Wow hobbies has parts for V100, might check them out. I just got my V100 back into air and was able to get needed items. Super F/P is way more stable but V100 is fun to fly, and like twin brushless motors.
cheers for the reply dankar. probably saved me some cash! my v100 is double BL, but I could never get rid of an annoying bobble that im pretty certain is due to some slop in the head. I tried a replacement V100 head and it didnt help much, thats why I thought maybe the Super FP head and blades might be worth a shot.
thanks again,
L
Old Apr 05, 2013, 06:29 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,662 Posts
This heli with twin brushless motors. When I got it batteries were useable but older. I just recieved a couple of new batteries and what a total difference.
Sounds great flying and these little bird keeps you on your toes. Very nice built heli.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Apr 08, 2013, 08:07 AM
Joined Apr 2011
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
This heli with twin brushless motors. When I got it batteries were useable but older. I just recieved a couple of new batteries and what a total difference.
Sounds great flying and these little bird keeps you on your toes. Very nice built heli.
Yeah, mine is actually in a UH1N fuselage. Its slightly longer than a pod n boom V100 so I use 4#6 main blades. I hadnt flown it in a year or 2 due to having larger scale helis to fly and work on, and last time I did fly it, it barely lifted off. I recently got a V120D02S, so tried a couple of my new batteries in the old V100, and after a couple of tweaks with how it was mounted to the fuse, it flew for a good 3-4 mins wit a safe landing at the end. Asides from a minor bobble, It was fun enough that I flew it for a few days, eventually having a mild gear damaging crash! Going to have to buy a new main gear, and thought If there was a better head and grips to use then Id get them as well. Do you know if the shaft diameter is the same on both the super FP and the V100?

Cheers Dankar, have fun,
L