HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 24, 2010, 08:17 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,420 Posts
No its not intended too fit.But im sure with a saw and 600 grams of Epoxy and some red duct tape it well Jam it in there some how lmao..J/kin,in the vid Steve says there not designed too fit,but im sure theres a way.not sure how it well look but...
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2010, 08:40 AM
Joined Nov 2010
108 Posts
Well seems like the questions are being answered over in this thread, so here goes:

I am having an issue setting up Crow on the Pro using the DX6i. I have followed the instructions to the letter: http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...DX6i_setup.pdf All that happens when I throw the flaps switch is I see the ailerons deflect in opposite direction. So I am getting 65% left up and 65% right down. All other control surfaces are functioning correctly. I am just wondering as I saw on the pg before there was an issue with the DX7i instructions, maybe there is something wrong with the DX6i instructions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
v9climber is offline Find More Posts by v9climber
Old Nov 24, 2010, 08:47 AM
Chicago Northwest subs
Joined Jan 2007
2,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v9climber View Post
Well seems like the questions are being answered over in this thread, so here goes:

I am having an issue setting up Crow on the Pro using the DX6i. I have followed the instructions to the letter: http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...DX6i_setup.pdf All that happens when I throw the flaps switch is I see the ailerons deflect in opposite direction. So I am getting 65% left up and 65% right down. All other control surfaces are functioning correctly. I am just wondering as I saw on the pg before there was an issue with the DX7i instructions, maybe there is something wrong with the DX6i instructions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Did you try reversing the servo channel on the aileron? If that's not doing it, then try a negative % mix on the naughty channel. I wish I could help more, but I don't use a DX6i.
MR2
minirips2 is offline Find More Posts by minirips2
Old Nov 24, 2010, 09:15 AM
Joined Nov 2010
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minirips2 View Post
Did you try reversing the servo channel on the aileron? If that's not doing it, then try a negative % mix on the naughty channel. I wish I could help more, but I don't use a DX6i.
MR2
Yes I have tried both reversing the servos and my mix has always been negative even tried positive and tried both mixes on the down side just to see if the ailerons would both travel down together. They are always split.. one up one down. Anyone else use a DX6i?
Old Nov 24, 2010, 09:34 AM
Chicago Northwest subs
Joined Jan 2007
2,240 Posts
Question for someone who has received theirs-Are the servo output shafts all pointing towards the wingtips, or arranged to avoid reversing y-harnesses? Also, has anyone set up a PNP for AR7000 on a JR X9503? I'm looking to go big with all flight modes available on the Tx and throttle on one of the side levers. If not, then I'm sure the programming will be half the fun!
MR2
minirips2 is offline Find More Posts by minirips2
Old Nov 24, 2010, 09:40 AM
Canada, BC, Victoria
Joined Jul 2009
140 Posts
Quote:
Yes I have tried both reversing the servos and my mix has always been negative even tried positive and tried both mixes on the down side just to see if the ailerons would both travel down together. They are always split.. one up one down. Anyone else use a DX6i?
Yes.. But no Pro yet. Am following this with interest!
Metman is offline Find More Posts by Metman
Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:01 AM
'Sky' King
Watauga, Texas
Joined Jul 2007
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minirips2 View Post
Question for someone who has received theirs-Are the servo output shafts all pointing towards the wingtips, or arranged to avoid reversing y-harnesses? Also, has anyone set up a PNP for AR7000 on a JR X9503? I'm looking to go big with all flight modes available on the Tx and throttle on one of the side levers. If not, then I'm sure the programming will be half the fun!
MR2
Aileron servo shafts each point out to the wingtip.

Flap servo shafts both point towards the right wingtip.

FWIW, the BNF Radian Pro comes with an AR600 receiver configured with a standard Y-harness (not reversing!) for flaps and ailerons:
Left + Right Flaps -> Y-harness -> Gear input
Left + Right Ailerons -> Y-harness -> ALE input
To use Full-House features with the AR600 that comes in the BNF Radian Pro, the aileron Y-harness must be removed and the right wing aileron servo plugged into the ALE input, and the left wing aileron servo plugged into the AUX 1 input.

I don't have any AR7000 receivers or the JR X9503, so perhaps someone with these will join in your adventure of programming for this transmitter and receiver.

Tom
tking2097 is offline Find More Posts by tking2097
Last edited by tking2097; Nov 24, 2010 at 11:29 AM. Reason: added aileron configuration info.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:54 AM
I added lift to my stable!
Knoxville, TN
Joined Feb 2007
647 Posts
Model Masters (local hobby store) . . .period :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
Thanks guys, I hear you can use crayon paint from walmart. Does the vylne tape stick to the foam and stay on pretty well.?

E

edit* oh, maybe a saw krylon and thought it said crayon.
Model Masters (not their laquer based) covers in one coat and holds up really well. I've tried others and had problems ranging from it eating the foam to flaking and requiring multiple coats. Model Masters is the goods!

tbird911 is offline Find More Posts by tbird911
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:06 AM
Joined Nov 2010
108 Posts
Quote:

Still looking for someone that has successfully setup their DX6i? Anyone
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:21 AM
Joined Oct 2009
553 Posts
Quote:
The DX6i instructions 'look' ok to me.

It sounds like you either...

A) have the ailerons plugged into the y-harness (should be right aileron to 'ail' and left aileron to 'aux 1' on the rx, no y-harness needed) or,

B) you don't have 'Dualaile' set to 'act' in 'wing tail type'.

......Mike
MS_in_NY is offline Find More Posts by MS_in_NY
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:32 AM
Canada, BC, Victoria
Joined Mar 2004
1,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbrust View Post
Here's a pic of the left wing. The right is warped too, but not as bad as this one. Starting from the root, everything is lined up and you can see where the tip of the aileron ends up.

It's hard to see in the picture but the aileron trailing edge actually has an arc to it. Very disappointing to have something unflyable, right out of the box.

Randy
What would happen if you just centered it as best you could? Probably cause extra drag and induce a turn?

Things like this make me wonder how the Radian or Radian Pro would stack up against a balsa built up glider such as the Chrysalis or Renny? (Granted, they probably would cost more and they take more building.) But for gliding ability and long term use...

But then I go back to the videos of new pilots nosing in their Radians, picking them up, and tossing them again. The balsa planes I have are pretty tough, but I don't think they'd survive that well.

Keep those flight reports and comparisons coming! For us snow-bound armchair pilots, reading and wondering about flying is as close as we get.

Colin
ColinB is offline Find More Posts by ColinB
Old Nov 24, 2010, 12:04 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raften View Post
Diggs, on those Rhino 1050 lipo's you use. Do they have the DX60 connectors on them and will the Radian EC3 plug into those connectors?
Yes they have the XT60 connectors, but I have no idea if they will mate to an EC3.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Nov 24, 2010, 12:22 PM
Joined Nov 2010
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS_in_NY View Post
The DX6i instructions 'look' ok to me.

It sounds like you either...

A) have the ailerons plugged into the y-harness (should be right aileron to 'ail' and left aileron to 'aux 1' on the rx, no y-harness needed) or,

B) you don't have 'Dualaile' set to 'act' in 'wing tail type'.

......Mike
Thx Mike that got me 1/2 there. I did not have the left aileron plugged into the aux1. OK now with this setting (On the Rate, leave the Down at 0% and change the Up to -65%.) the ailerons deflect down instead of up. If you put + 65% for up.. they both now go up. But nothing happens when the Flaps switch is thrown to the down position, or should I say the ailerons go back to neutral position and flaps go down like normal. Thanks in adavance for all the help.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 12:51 PM
NorCal
Joined Dec 2009
1,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
Yes they have the XT60 connectors, but I have no idea if they will mate to an EC3.

Diggs
The reason I ask is someone on another thread said they do. So you must change the Radian connection that comes with it to a XT60????
Raften is offline Find More Posts by Raften
Old Nov 24, 2010, 01:16 PM
Joined Oct 2009
553 Posts
Quote:
But nothing happens when the Flaps switch is thrown to the down position, or should I say the ailerons go back to neutral position and flaps go down like normal. Thanks in adavance for all the help.
Ok, this is what I've got from playing with the servo 'monitor' screen. I don't have a model on the 6i with both ails and flaps.

I believe the 'Mix 1' instructions in that Horizon pdf are wrong. I 'think' the mix should be 'FLAP>GEAR' not gear>flap as instructed.

You also have to go to the 'setup menu', select 'FLAP', put the flap switch in its bottom position (LAND in the setup menu) and set the up travel there. (you should also be able to add elevator compensation there instead of using the second mix).

I hope I'm not totally leading you into a programming black hole. Doing this without a plane to watch is pretty confusing.

......Mike
MS_in_NY is offline Find More Posts by MS_in_NY