Old Nov 23, 2010, 08:28 PM
'Sky' King
Watauga, Texas
Joined Jul 2007
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
Thanks,

That's they way I have it, but I wasn't sure if you could do those advanced mixing features with the ailerons in the Y-Harness. The manual that comes with the plane says:

6. Attach the 2 aileron connectors to the aileron Y-harness in the fuselage.
Note: When using a transmitter capable of controlling separate ailerons, the
aileron Y-harness is not required.

So I was wondering if it made a difference.
You are correct, the advanced features will not work with the ailerons connected to the Y-harness (The BNF is shipping with the ailerons using the Y-harness).

See my prior posting (#855) for the proper aileron connections to the AR600 and a bit more information. The programming works very well to allow flaps, reflex, camber and normal ailerons for the Radian Pro and DX7!
tking2097 is offline Find More Posts by tking2097
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:20 PM
I've reached my critical AoA
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Dec 2005
303 Posts
Thanks tking2097, that is the exact info I was looking for!
G-Man is offline Find More Posts by G-Man
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:49 PM
York, England
Joined Jan 2010
455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbrust View Post
Here's a pic of the left wing. The right is warped too, but not as bad as this one. Starting from the root, everything is lined up and you can see where the tip of the aileron ends up.

It's hard to see in the picture but the aileron trailing edge actually has an arc to it. Very disappointing to have something unflyable, right out of the box.

Randy
If mine comes out of the box like that, it's going straight back, no fannying about straightening anything etc. etc. Every PZ plane (apart from the original Rad) I've bought has had something wrong with it, with varying degrees of severity, so this is PZ's last chance with me I'm afraid.
SmartMartY is offline Find More Posts by SmartMartY
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:45 PM
Joined Dec 2005
303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tking2097 View Post
See my prior posting (#855) for the proper aileron connections to the AR600 and a bit more information. The programming works very well to allow flaps, reflex, camber and normal ailerons for the Radian Pro and DX7!
I made all the settings you and parkzone listed. When I watch the Parkzone video, they throw a switch where the flaps go down, and both ailerons go up, to bleed speed I guess like a speedbrake. I cannot get this to work with the settings. Any ideas?

Here are all my settings:
Last edited by G-Man; Nov 24, 2010 at 12:04 AM.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 12:13 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,328 Posts
Quote:
I made all the settings you and parkzone listed. When I watch the Parkzone video, they throw a switch where the flaps go down, and both ailerons go up, to bleed speed I guess like a speedbrake. I cannot get this to work with the settings. Any ideas?

Here are all my settings:
Did you turn on your "Flaperons" in the main menu?

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Nov 24, 2010, 12:20 AM
Joined Dec 2005
303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
Did you turn on your "Flaperons" in the main menu?

cheers chuck
Yes, Flaperons are on.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 12:49 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMartY View Post
If mine comes out of the box like that, it's going straight back, no fannying about straightening anything etc. etc. Every PZ plane (apart from the original Rad) I've bought has had something wrong with it, with varying degrees of severity, so this is PZ's last chance with me I'm afraid.
Yea man its too bad you get defects in something you pay quite abit of funds for.The only thing that's reassuring is their warranty/customer support,that's the backbone of any company. If you sent a pic like that back to them(and we know there here reading this stuff And that's a good thing
They would Prob send you a new Wing.I would not even bother with the LHS.But i guess every LHS has different policy's etc...
When i go pick mine up Which may be after XMAS now I'll be opening the box at the LHS too check the goods.As i normally do when im picking up a plane.
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TF to DOSD wiring.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 12:55 AM
'Sky' King
Watauga, Texas
Joined Jul 2007
220 Posts
[QUOTE=G-Man;16633628]I made all the settings you and parkzone listed. When I watch the Parkzone video, they throw a switch where the flaps go down, and both ailerons go up, to bleed speed I guess like a speedbrake. I cannot get this to work with the settings. Any ideas?

Yes, the updates below to Steps 1 and 3 will get crow, flaps, reflex and camber working properly:

Step 1, Setting up Aileron for CROW
"Set the 1 position to 80%"
should read
"Set the 1 position to -80%"
note that the minus sign was omitted in the original instructions and I missed this in my post #855.

Step 3, Setting up Flaps
"Select AUX 2 -> FLAP"
should read
"Select AUX 2 -> GEAR"
This is the error Gary originally found.

UPDATED - My original post did not properly state controls used. This is corrected below.

AUX 2 switch - Controls Flaps
0 - No flaps
1 - Full flaps

Flap switch - Controls Reflex and Camber
0 - Reflex, ailerons up slightly
1 - Normal Ailerons
2 - Camber, ailerons down slightly

Gear switch - Controls Crow
0 - normal, no Crow
1 - Crow, the Speed Brakes are ON!

My apology for the errors in the original post. I am correcting post #855 to reflect these updates as well.

Thanks,
Tom
Old Nov 24, 2010, 01:04 AM
Joined Dec 2005
303 Posts
Thanks Tom, before I read this update, I went and set the step 1 to -80 and it worked.

Parkzone needs to update their pdf file also!

Thanks for all your help!

Gary
Last edited by G-Man; Nov 24, 2010 at 01:18 AM.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 01:20 AM
'Sky' King
Watauga, Texas
Joined Jul 2007
220 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Tom, before I read this update, I went and set the step 1 to -80 and it worked.

Parkzone needs to update their pdf file also!

Gary
Good to see you got it working. It is not a trivial task to find the errors, at least for me, since I don't program the DX7 to that depth very often.

Hopefully Horizon Hobby will update steps 1 and 3 in the instructions soon.

I am glad Horizon provided the instructions though, even with the errors, since it was easier to find the errors in steps 1 and 3, compared to having to create all the programming from scratch!

Enjoy your Radian Pro. I found mine to be quite remarkable, even in the short time I had to fly it late this afternoon. And it looks like it will be quite a while before we get any more good flying weather, now the Radian Pro is here!

Tom
Old Nov 24, 2010, 01:48 AM
Joined Dec 2005
303 Posts
I know what you mean Tom, rain all day, then the winds started gusting around 20-25. Oh well, it sure looks nice in my basement :-)

Gary
Old Nov 24, 2010, 02:15 AM
NorCal
Joined Dec 2009
1,713 Posts
Diggs, on those Rhino 1050 lipo's you use. Do they have the DX60 connectors on them and will the Radian EC3 plug into those connectors?
Raften is offline Find More Posts by Raften
Old Nov 24, 2010, 05:12 AM
Chicago Northwest subs
Joined Jan 2007
2,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raften View Post
Diggs, on those Rhino 1050 lipo's you use. Do they have the DX60 connectors on them and will the Radian EC3 plug into those connectors?
If you mean the yellow XT60 connectors, then they will not plug into EC3's. You will need to solder or get an adapter. HK has these:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10259

So if you order your Rhino 1050's, put a couple of these in the cart, and you're set. Personally, I use Deans Ultra connectors. Just too many of them in my fleet to switch!
MR2
minirips2 is offline Find More Posts by minirips2
Old Nov 24, 2010, 07:29 AM
Soaring Circuits
Coopersburg, PA
Joined Sep 2001
1,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Yea man its too bad you get defects in something you pay quite abit of funds for.The only thing that's reassuring is their warranty/customer support,that's the backbone of any company. If you sent a pic like that back to them(and we know there here reading this stuff And that's a good thing
They would Prob send you a new Wing.I would not even bother with the LHS.But i guess every LHS has different policy's etc...
When i go pick mine up Which may be after XMAS now I'll be opening the box at the LHS too check the goods.As i normally do when im picking up a plane.
I ordered it directly from Horizon. Their customer service is excellent so I'll be giving them a call. WARNING!! If you do pick one up at your LHS, open it up and check the wing before leaving the store.

Randy
rcbrust is offline Find More Posts by rcbrust
Old Nov 24, 2010, 08:12 AM
What? Not a T-Rex!!!
USA, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Mar 2008
435 Posts
Will the Radian Pro wings fit on the previous Radian???
dolbydarma is offline Find More Posts by dolbydarma