HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2010, 05:55 PM
Just do it.
Stroudsburg, PA
Joined Nov 2009
670 Posts
Just picked mine up. This thing rocks, and I watched a video of the guy at the hobby shop flying the demo one. The flap hinges are kinda weak, and those stupid stickers for the elevator are especially hard to peel off (lol)
FlyFisch is offline Find More Posts by FlyFisch
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2010, 05:56 PM
I've reached my critical AoA
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Dec 2005
318 Posts
Got my Pro today.

If setting up the Pro wiht a DX7, what is the best way? Plug ailerons in the Y harness, or some other way?

Also, When I set the DX7 up with the Std. Radian, I didn't have to reverse the rudder. I guess they have it installed different in the Pro. I had to reverse the Ailerons, Elevator, and Rudder.

The only problem I saw with mine out of the box, is the silver stripe on the left had the clear covering coming off half way down the fuselage. It would not stick back. Had to just remvoe it. So it is a dull server, and right side is shiny,
G-Man is offline Find More Posts by G-Man
Old Nov 23, 2010, 05:59 PM
Joined Dec 2005
318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_AVIGATOR View Post
Radian Pro DX8 Setup @Spektrum Community
It would be nice if you could regsiter for the forum without owning a DX8.

I need to find some good mixing settings for the Pro with my DX7.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 06:03 PM
Joined Dec 2005
318 Posts
I just found this!

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo..._DX7_setup.pdf
Old Nov 23, 2010, 06:05 PM
Central Ga.
Joined Jun 2004
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbrust View Post
My Radian Pro showed up today and the aileron of the top wing (as it was packaged) is severely warped. It was jammed down with the trailing edge wedged up against a foam wall. Not sure if it was supposed to be that way or not.

Seems I read somewhere on the forum of one other person having the same problem. Anyone else?

Randy
The first one I opened at Mac's today was exactly the same. They are sending it back. The next one I opened was good though, som I picked it and some decal sheets up to improve the looks of the bottom side a bit. Pics in a couple of days.
Justaflier is offline Find More Posts by Justaflier
Last edited by Justaflier; Nov 23, 2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 06:31 PM
Soaring Circuits
Coopersburg, PA
Joined Sep 2001
1,966 Posts
Here's a pic of the left wing. The right is warped too, but not as bad as this one. Starting from the root, everything is lined up and you can see where the tip of the aileron ends up.

It's hard to see in the picture but the aileron trailing edge actually has an arc to it. Very disappointing to have something unflyable, right out of the box.

Randy
rcbrust is offline Find More Posts by rcbrust
Old Nov 23, 2010, 07:09 PM
Just do it.
Stroudsburg, PA
Joined Nov 2009
670 Posts
I gave up on the programming, it just wasn't working for me. I'll worry about that when I get better at flying it. Did you guys know that the E-Flite EC3 connectors connect with them XT60 yellow hobbyking connectors?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 07:31 PM
Joined Dec 2005
318 Posts
That document has some good info, but still unsure how to actually plug in the Ailerons and Flaps to the receiver. I assume you do not plug them into the Y-Harness, so what do you plug the Right/Left aileron into and Right/Left Flap into?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 07:38 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowerz View Post
Do you wanna post that in a few more threads? I hope you realise its against the rules to put the same post in multiple threads?

I know your just spreading into but it is technically against the rules
Yes it is, but in this case I will say thanks.
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Nov 23, 2010, 07:44 PM
NorCal
Joined Dec 2009
1,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UponorX View Post
I gave up on the programming, it just wasn't working for me. I'll worry about that when I get better at flying it. Did you guys know that the E-Flite EC3 connectors connect with them XT60 yellow hobbyking connectors?
Really, that opens up some ideas for me.
Raften is offline Find More Posts by Raften
Old Nov 23, 2010, 07:46 PM
Just do it.
Stroudsburg, PA
Joined Nov 2009
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
That document has some good info, but still unsure how to actually plug in the Ailerons and Flaps to the receiver. I assume you do not plug them into the Y-Harness, so what do you plug the Right/Left aileron into and Right/Left Flap into?
The ailerons plug into the y-harness that goes into the AIL slot on the receiver. The flaps plug into the y-harness that goes into the GEAR slot on the receiver.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 07:50 PM
Joined Dec 2005
318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UponorX View Post
The ailerons plug into the y-harness that goes into the AIL slot on the receiver. The flaps plug into the y-harness that goes into the GEAR slot on the receiver.
Thanks,

That's they way I have it, but I wasn't sure if you could do those advanced mixing features with the ailerons in the Y-Harness. The manual that comes with the plane says:

6. Attach the 2 aileron connectors to the aileron Y-harness in the fuselage.
Note: When using a transmitter capable of controlling separate ailerons, the
aileron Y-harness is not required.

So I was wondering if it made a difference.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 07:55 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,871 Posts
G-Man,
The Radian Pro setup for the DX7 on the Horizon page contains an error they have yet to correct. Step 3 says Aux 2 to Flap.
Should be Aux 2 to Gear!
Gary
Gary Hoorn is online now Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Nov 23, 2010, 07:58 PM
Canada
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowerz View Post
Do you wanna post that in a few more threads? I hope you realise its against the rules to put the same post in multiple threads?

I know your just spreading into but it is technically against the rules
I don't think anyone here minds, do they? It was intended to be helpful.
Energy is offline Find More Posts by Energy
Old Nov 23, 2010, 08:13 PM
'Sky' King
Watauga, Texas
Joined Jul 2007
220 Posts
This information is outdated. Please see message #937 for updated instructions!!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16661017&postcount=937

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
I followed the Horizon Hobby instructions for the Radian Pro and DX7 flap, camber, and reflex programming. The programming worked perfectly AFTER CORRECTING ERRORS IN STEPS 1 AND 3. I then had full flap control, reflex, normal ailerons and camber for my Radian Pro maiden this afternoon. See the necessary corrections below.

If you purchased the BNF version, or working on your own, make certain the ailerons are configured this way:
1. Remove the Y connector used for the ailerons.
2. The right aileron plugs into the ALE receiver connector
3. The left aileron plugs into the AUX1 receiver connector
This configuration allows independent control required for each aileron to work with reflex and camber.

CORRECTIONS NEEDED FOR STEPS 1 AND 3 in the Horizon Hobby instructions:

Step 1, Setting up Aileron for CROW
"Set the 1 position to 80%"
should read
"Set the 1 position to -80%"
Step 3 - You must also make the correction as pointed out by Gary:
The Radian Pro setup for the DX7 on the Horizon page contains an error they have yet to correct. Step 3 says Aux 2 to Flap.
*Should be Aux 2 to Gear!*

After programming, the following DX7 controls are used for flaps, reflex and camber:

AUX 2 switch - Controls Flaps
0 - No flaps
1 - Full flaps

Flap switch - Controls Reflex and Camber
0 - Reflex, ailerons up slightly
1 - Normal Ailerons
2 - Camber, ailerons down slightly

Gear switch - Controls Crow
0 - normal, no Crow
1 - Crow, the Speed Brakes are ON!

The instructions are well done, and I found the programming was fairly easy. If you have not done DX7 program mixes before, you may need to spend a bit of time with the DX7 manual. In other words, you will need some familiarity with how to navigate the menus and make basic changes to the DX7 settings.

Thanks Horizon Hobby - Job well done!
tking2097 is offline Find More Posts by tking2097
Last edited by tking2097; Nov 28, 2010 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Add correction needed in Step 1, Correct controls used.