Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 19, 2010, 04:14 PM
Thermal Naked!
United States, AL, Mobile
Joined Dec 2007
1,642 Posts
So there IS a Radian Pro, just like Tango Juliet said?
And after all those people doubted his honesty ( and said so), no apologies from them? Wow..
Hossfly72 is offline Find More Posts by Hossfly72
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2010, 05:19 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossfly72 View Post
And after all those people doubted his honesty ( and said so), no apologies from them? Wow..
go to the original Radian thread where this was announced, plenty of apologies there

me i never doubted him and am waiting with credit card in hand

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Sep 19, 2010, 07:24 PM
Thermal Naked!
United States, AL, Mobile
Joined Dec 2007
1,642 Posts
Went back and saw a few. But I was afraid for a while that some folks were gonna hang him for a while for not taking better pics.

I think I'll pass on ailerons, but I sure could have used flaps this afternoon. That plane will float forever!
Hossfly72 is offline Find More Posts by Hossfly72
Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:04 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,388 Posts
..... so is the set release date really before Christmas?

do we know for sure? or speculation.
rclab1 is online now Find More Posts by rclab1
Old Sep 19, 2010, 11:38 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1 View Post
..... so is the set release date really before Christmas?

do we know for sure? or speculation.
Knowing horizon they will relase it late this month early next. Then the first shipment will not be enough to cover the amount of preorderd birds (Im going to try my best to get mine as soon as possible). Then they might get another shipment to the LHS before christmas and if they do chances are they will be sold out in the stores.

I believe they call it a good business plan. The first shipment well most likely be sold before they even ship and the first round of Pro's will not be enough for everyone. Then after everyone who got a Radian Pro has uploaded videos, reviews, comments and remarks more people will want one. Then the second shipment will come in. If the Pro ends up being as good as the Radian the second shipment will sell out and there will still not be enough planes for everyone to buy. That will guarentee that people will be wanting and willing to pay for a new plane that horizon has put out for at least 4 months if not more.
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by verticalspark; Sep 20, 2010 at 12:01 AM.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 12:02 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,396 Posts
yep here in Australia soon as the shipment arrives of normal Radians, they show the no stock sign about a week later

sure is a popular glider and i for one will pre order the moment the "Pro" shows up on our importers site, as i to reckon it will sell out before it even arrives

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Sep 20, 2010, 01:40 AM
NorCal
Joined Dec 2009
1,716 Posts
Ya know you can't even get a replacement fuse so getting a Pro might be just wishing even after they announce them.
Raften is offline Find More Posts by Raften
Old Sep 20, 2010, 01:42 AM
Joined Oct 2008
4,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raften View Post
Ya know you can't even get a replacement fuse so getting a Pro might be just wishing even after they announce them.
Horizon has a bad habbit of letting planes and parts run out of stock right before they release something new. I had the UM sukhoi v2 and I couldnt get a fuse for the better part of a month and then they released the new Sukhoi XP and they were in stock again. Same with the mCX and the mCX2. I dont understand them sometimes.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Well Traveled Glue
Old Sep 20, 2010, 06:44 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,388 Posts
.....since its going to be "out of stock" in the first batch,
where can I Pre_order? Horizon website? or their operators?
rclab1 is online now Find More Posts by rclab1
Old Sep 20, 2010, 06:49 AM
Joined Oct 2008
4,046 Posts
well they havent officially announced it yet so you cant order it yet. once it has been announced you can order it from you LHS or direct from horizon as well as a ton of other websites.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Well Traveled Glue
Old Sep 20, 2010, 09:33 AM
Owatonna MN 55060
Joined Sep 2005
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossfly72 View Post
Yep, he's a great guy, going to sell it for only $500.00
Gohmer is offline Find More Posts by Gohmer
Old Sep 20, 2010, 09:57 AM
You torquing to me?
Vancouver, WA
Joined Mar 2010
610 Posts
So from the looks of it Santa Claus might have to preorder this one.
slyfoxflyer66 is offline Find More Posts by slyfoxflyer66
Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:28 AM
have gun will travel
USA, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Apr 2010
330 Posts
tango juliet did not have it a guy he knows has it.
scott
scottrod31 is offline Find More Posts by scottrod31
Old Sep 20, 2010, 11:10 AM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohmer View Post
Yep, he's a great guy, going to sell it for only $500.00
As previously pointed out, Tango J. is not he owner and he simply brought the info about the model to RCG.

I assume this is a sarcastic post about him being a great guy due to his selling price.... Why shouldn't he sell it for as much as he can get? It is a one of a kind item currently and should bring a nice selling price if the demand is there. There is nothing wrong with that.

From Wikipedia.
Supply and demand is an economic model of price determination in a market. It concludes that in a competitive market, the unit price for a particular good will vary until it settles at a point where the quantity demanded by consumers (at current price) will equal the quantity supplied by producers (at current price), resulting in an economic equilibrium of price and quantity.
The four basic laws of supply and demand are
If demand increases and supply remains unchanged then higher equilibrium price and quantity.
If demand decreases and supply remains the same then lower equilibrium price and quantity.
If supply increases and demand remains unchanged then lower equilibrium price and higher quantity.
If supply decreases and demand remains the same then higher price and lower quantity.

I would say the lack of supply is in his favor at the moment. And again, what is wrong with that?

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Sep 20, 2010, 11:19 AM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
London, UK
Joined Nov 2006
5,398 Posts
I went to Hobby show last Saturday....

A Horizon Hobby guy said he knew nothing about a Radian Pro and any pictures, unless they came from Horizon Hobby ,were probably "somebodies idea of fun" ...
dekan is offline Find More Posts by dekan