Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low&Slow View Post
Link seems not to work.
I tried to post the link, no good.
Works fine, just opens a pdf file not a webpage.
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Well Traveled Glue
Old Sep 28, 2010, 03:26 AM
Andrew
Paralowie, South Australia
Joined May 2008
1,382 Posts
Here in South Australia Modelflight will be showing off the Radian Pro in the morning of the 3rd of October, at Victoria Park.
Astrowall is offline Find More Posts by Astrowall
Old Sep 28, 2010, 08:53 AM
Wallington, New Jersey, USA
Joined Apr 2010
236 Posts
Link is working if you click on it. If you copy and paste it, it won't work, because it doesn't display the full link.

Anyway, I skim read through the manual, hoping that they talk a bit about flying the Radian Pro, similar to the whole write up that they included in the Radian manual, but there's nothing in this one. I know, there's enough information on the web about how to fly a aileron/flap/rudder/elevator glider, but it would have been nice if they would have done a Radian-Pro-customer-writeup. The manual says that the flaps on this plane are mainly used to slow down the plane for landing, but it doesn't talk about camber settings (how many mm deflection is recommended on this plane, etc.), nor do they say what a recommended setup on the DX7 or 9303/9503 looks like. After all, a bunch of Radian folks (like me) who have never flown any other glider (like me) will step up from the Radian to the Radian Pro (like me) and would like to know what the recommended setup is.
hugofly is offline Find More Posts by hugofly
Old Sep 28, 2010, 12:16 PM
The SteamRoller
USA, CA, Fort Bragg
Joined Oct 2009
341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugofly View Post
Link is working if you click on it. If you copy and paste it, it won't work, because it doesn't display the full link.

Anyway, I skim read through the manual, hoping that they talk a bit about flying the Radian Pro, similar to the whole write up that they included in the Radian manual, but there's nothing in this one. I know, there's enough information on the web about how to fly a aileron/flap/rudder/elevator glider, but it would have been nice if they would have done a Radian-Pro-customer-writeup. The manual says that the flaps on this plane are mainly used to slow down the plane for landing, but it doesn't talk about camber settings (how many mm deflection is recommended on this plane, etc.), nor do they say what a recommended setup on the DX7 or 9303/9503 looks like. After all, a bunch of Radian folks (like me) who have never flown any other glider (like me) will step up from the Radian to the Radian Pro (like me) and would like to know what the recommended setup is.
Good point/idea
thesteam is offline Find More Posts by thesteam
Old Sep 28, 2010, 02:02 PM
Champaign. Illinois
Joined Jun 2003
751 Posts
We will have radio setups on the product page for the Radian Pro by the time it ships. We will try to cover as many radio setups as possible.

Thanks

Matt Andren
Parkzone/Hobbyzone Product Development
Horizon Hobby
Mattfly is online now Find More Posts by Mattfly
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 28, 2010, 02:06 PM
Lost at LAX
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Dec 2005
2,554 Posts
Just do the 9303 Matt, no one needs anything else. These are not the droids you're looking for.....
Old Fart is offline Find More Posts by Old Fart
Old Sep 28, 2010, 02:08 PM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,712 Posts
the 6i and The 8 are the 2 main ones
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
Old Sep 28, 2010, 02:09 PM
Lewisburg, PA
Joined Apr 2002
959 Posts
RC Radio Network Giving Away Radian Pro

The RC Radio Network is giving away a Radian Pro this month.

Here is the link to the contest rules. You can enter by either donating money to the station, or by sending in an entry.

http://www.rcradionetwork.com/forums...giveaway-rules

I'll be the special guest on the RC Radio Network weekly RC show airing live TONIGHT at 8:30 Eastern time, 9-28-10.

Go to the Radio Show page to listen live, (click the 'Listen' button on the main page) or get the show as a podcast the next day.

Main web page: http://rcradionetwork.com/index.php
Show Information: http://www.rcradionetwork.com/forums...carbon-and-art

I'll be talking about my new Soaring Master Class 3 training DVD, gliders, HLG's (Host Cliff Whitney is an HLG nut) and god knows what else. (maybe even the Radian Pro)

The show is a bit free-form, so it should be interesting.

Paul Naton
http://radiocarbonart.com/
The Best Instructional Glider DVDs Available
Paul Naton is online now Find More Posts by Paul Naton
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 28, 2010, 04:29 PM
Landin' On The Canopy BAD
Lee's Summit, MO
Joined Jan 2008
1,481 Posts
subscribed
F-86FLIER4LIFE is offline Find More Posts by F-86FLIER4LIFE
Old Sep 28, 2010, 07:32 PM
Just do it.
Stroudsburg, PA
Joined Nov 2009
670 Posts
Pre-ordered mine.
FlyFisch is offline Find More Posts by FlyFisch
Old Sep 28, 2010, 07:51 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
In case anybody is interested in pre-ordering for $20 off the bind-and-fly, or $14.80 off the plug-and-play, plus free shipping: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1313124
F-111 John is online now Find More Posts by F-111 John
Old Sep 28, 2010, 08:02 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,854 Posts
I have flown for years in scale and competition aerobatics, and the Radian is one of my favorite "relax" planes. Can't wait to get the Pro.
tclaridge is offline Find More Posts by tclaridge
Last edited by tclaridge; Sep 28, 2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 11:20 PM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattfly View Post
We will have radio setups on the product page for the Radian Pro by the time it ships. We will try to cover as many radio setups as possible.

Thanks

Matt Andren
Parkzone/Hobbyzone Product Development
Horizon Hobby
I would suggest that you do the entire Spektrum and JR line.

DX6i - whatever would be recommended with that
DX7 - we presume it can do more.
DX8 - should be able to do more or at least do easier
JR9303/9503 - Can do anything your little heart desires.
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Sep 29, 2010, 03:42 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,398 Posts
Pre ordered my Radian Pro PnP for $229 Aud which i thought was again reasonable, if i could have afforded it i would of bought the BnF at $309 again a good price seeing as you get a batt and AR600 for $80 more than the PnP

i have a spare AR6200 from a project i haven't started yet and have plenty of batteries ( & Chargers ) and also still wanting to get the Beast the PnP will see me right

roll on the end of October

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker