Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by GimpyPilot, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 03:51 PM
T-28C, Extra 300, Beast UMX
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
529 Posts
Discussion
It sees daylight!!

Here are some pics of the F-5E, which I will call an F-5N going forward, taken at my office this morning in the daylight.

I really cannot say enough good things about how fantastic this thing looks given the $135 price point. The EPS is every bit as brittle as I feared compared to ParkZone's amazing Z-Foam, but handling the jet with care will be key to a long flying career.

I stopped by the LHS today looking for servo slows and a reversing Y, no joy - guess I can add them to my HK order but kind of a disappointment. I did manage to pick up supplies for my scale main landing gear outer doors, AIM-9L Inert and AN/ASQ-T50 AIS Pod.

The Sidewinder and instrumentation pod will be magnet-mounted to the missile rails with a small peg to keep them from moving fore/aft. If that goes as easily as I hope, I will carve up some additional magnet-mounted pylons for the other 5 stations from 6mm blue FFF, and may even make up a Centerline drop tank and a couple AIM-7 Sparrows or possibly AIM-120 AMRAAM's for posing when in the pits.

Starting to look into the modular e-flight light setup for my landing and nav light setup. Iam interested in the color-changing afterburner LED setup from Hyperdyne Labs but haven't found any pricing info for it - sure looks cool and I typically fly my last flight about dusk so it would be a great way to end the day with some burner passes down the runway.

Here she is out in the southern California sun:

GimpyPilot is offline Find More Posts by GimpyPilot
Last edited by GimpyPilot; Sep 16, 2010 at 04:23 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2010, 06:58 PM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
United States, TX, Lockhart
Joined Dec 2008
2,872 Posts
Looks great John. Looks like someone ALSO got a new airplane transport vehicle.
Rockin G is offline Find More Posts by Rockin G
Old Sep 17, 2010, 10:47 AM
T-28C, Extra 300, Beast UMX
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
529 Posts
Good eyes and memory. Yes, that new aircraft carrier is the S.S. War Machine, a 'built' 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - bought it 'stock' last year and then did some 'improvements'. Not only will it transport my aircraft, it is also setup for surviving a zombie apocalypse, in luxury ;^)

It is setup on a 2.5" lift, 265-70R17 Firestone Destination AT tires, custom front winch bumper and rear swing away tire carrier, with a lightly modded 4.7L V8 and Quadra-Drive II - I love this thing.

GimpyPilot is offline Find More Posts by GimpyPilot
Last edited by GimpyPilot; Sep 17, 2010 at 10:53 AM.