HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:21 PM
USA, CA, Roseville
Joined Aug 2006
474 Posts
Discussion
My Favorite RC Swap! RC Country! This Saturday!

RC Country is doing their bi-annual Swap Meet this Saturday.

http://www.rccountryhobbies.com/events.php

If you live anywhere in Northern California it is worth the drive! Their photo must have been takes years ago because they only show about 3 tables in the photo and now it has grown to around a hundred.

I'm getting to recognize some of the same buyers and sellers there, and since I will be buying and selling if you have never made the trip you should come out!

FYI: My personal experience is that most of the action happens around 6-9am

Address:
R/C Country Hobbies
6011 Folsom Blvd,
Sacramento, CA 95819
hasselblad7 is online now Find More Posts by hasselblad7
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:30 PM
Why you swing so hard?
Lake Tahoe
Joined Jun 2006
1,271 Posts
I made my first sale at 3am at the last meet. I had just pulled in the parking lot and hadn't even unloaded the truck. A guy saw something he liked in the back and bought it. Yeah, it's worth it.

Juan
jsnaphook is offline Find More Posts by jsnaphook
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:32 PM
Capitalist
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Sep 2008
1,884 Posts
I was thinking about driving down. I'm only in Redding. What is a good time to get there?
fnlrun is offline Find More Posts by fnlrun
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:43 PM
Chicago Mayor: A Terrorist
USA, CA, SoCal
Joined Sep 2002
400 Posts
If you see the that stole an engine from me at the AMA swap meet make sure to punch his nose

Seriously guys, have fun but keep an eye on things. I thought R/C guys are all honest but I was wrong.
pilotfrank is offline Find More Posts by pilotfrank
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:43 PM
USA, CA, Roseville
Joined Aug 2006
474 Posts
If you want to sell 3-4am will get you a good spot (they are free). If you want to buy, anytime after that. The energy really picks up around 6am.
Last edited by hasselblad7; Sep 15, 2010 at 11:53 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:52 PM
USA, CA, Roseville
Joined Aug 2006
474 Posts
Giving Back

RC Country makes this such a great event, I have noticed however that inside the store it isn't much busier than on non-swap days. They staff it, bring out rented port-o-podies, sell coffee and donuts for pocket change. . .etc. Show your appreciation to them and make a point to buy something in the store! At least buy a servo with all the cash you save outside! I'll commit to buying the eflite electric retracts
Old Sep 16, 2010, 09:35 AM
Designing something...
United States, CA, Cameron Park
Joined Jan 2004
1,682 Posts
Hey Ben,

I'll probably drop by early and then go out to Davis to fly the Horten. You interested in doing some flying too?

--Brian
cpdude is offline Find More Posts by cpdude
Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:23 AM
Capitalist
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Sep 2008
1,884 Posts
A Horton 229????
fnlrun is offline Find More Posts by fnlrun
Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:43 AM
USA, CA, Roseville
Joined Aug 2006
474 Posts
Yeah, Brian's Horton is a work of ART.

I'm probably going to need a big nap after the swap. But perhaps in the afternoon or Sunday.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:44 AM
Designing something...
United States, CA, Cameron Park
Joined Jan 2004
1,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnlrun View Post
A Horton 229????
Actually it's a Horten XVI. Here's a link: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=3442426. But let's not hijack this thread. You can definitely PM me or go to the Horten XVI Experimental thread if you want to know more.

--Brian
cpdude is offline Find More Posts by cpdude
Old Sep 16, 2010, 01:38 PM
Lincoln, Ca 95648
Joined Sep 2003
142 Posts
Last swap meet I had to pick up one of my cars. I did not want to go to late because I needed my significant other to go down with me and bring the car back, so I drove her down at 10:30 pm. Dropped her off to get the car and was off to RC Country in my fully loaded van. I hit the parking lot at midnight. There was already four people there. My first sale was at 1 am. By 6 am most planes have been bought and sold three times. I would suggest getting there ridiculously early. I will be there this Saturday at about 1:30 am.
modlflr is offline Find More Posts by modlflr
Old Sep 16, 2010, 03:48 PM
Huh?! well waddayouknow!?
Slackramento ,CA
Joined Jul 2006
1,420 Posts
C u there Mark!
Danjuan is offline Find More Posts by Danjuan
Old Sep 16, 2010, 11:58 PM
Sacramento, CA
Joined Feb 2006
174 Posts
Last year, I sold 4 airplanes in the first 20 minutes I arrived. Hadn't even finished unloading the car. Huge parking lot is absolutley packed. Having sold everything I brought except two helicopters, it was worth it. Get there early if you want a spot to sell. You guys out there at 12am are hard core. See you there, but not THAT early.
latebraker is offline Find More Posts by latebraker
Old Sep 17, 2010, 12:37 AM
Why you swing so hard?
Lake Tahoe
Joined Jun 2006
1,271 Posts
I won't be able to make it to this one. At the last meet, I scored on a couple of Hyperion 5s 3300. If I were able to go, I would be looking for 2 of those and 2 Hyperion 3s 2200. Would anyone want to make a sale before going to the swap meet? Send me a PM if you have some for sale.

Juan
jsnaphook is offline Find More Posts by jsnaphook
Old Sep 17, 2010, 04:49 PM
ED3
100% RC ADDICT
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2007
749 Posts
i was interested in going but 6hr drive is too much for me
ED3 is offline Find More Posts by ED3