HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 11, 2011, 03:33 PM
Airplane Dope
USA, WI, Rio
Joined Nov 2009
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
That is the signal wire. Servo wires are +, - and Signal.

The diode is any 1N4004, 1N4005, etc diode.
OK thanks!
AddictedToRC is offline Find More Posts by AddictedToRC
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2011, 02:20 PM
Joined Jun 2004
78 Posts
Hi Guys,
i make the Aileronmod and put the rod in the inner hole, but a make a few movement and the aileron servo sucks in end position. I disconnect an reconnect the Lipo and no aileron movement. I put the rod in the outer position and all be ok after i reconnect the lipo i read in a thread about it, but i cant find it.
flyingfred is offline Find More Posts by flyingfred
Old May 26, 2011, 09:18 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingfred View Post
Hi Guys,
i make the Aileronmod and put the rod in the inner hole, but a make a few movement and the aileron servo sucks in end position. I disconnect an reconnect the Lipo and no aileron movement. I put the rod in the outer position and all be ok after i reconnect the lipo i read in a thread about it, but i cant find it.
There is a lot of resistance in the bellcrank slots towards the ends of travel.

Swapping the short throw servo for an AS2000L works better.

You can reduce the throw in the TX to reduce sticking at full throw.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old May 27, 2011, 04:33 AM
Joined Jan 2011
137 Posts
Looks nice... can it fly ourdoor?
super2012 is offline Find More Posts by super2012
Old May 27, 2011, 10:03 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by super2012 View Post
Looks nice... can it fly ourdoor?
Are you asking if the t28 can fly outdoors or maladroits yellow t28? Either way the answer is yes to both. The t28 is a great outdoor flyer as long as the winds are low. I try to fly it with 5mph or less winds. You can fly it in heavier winds, but for me I just find it's not that enjoyable to be "fighting" the wind when your flying.

Super2012 are you new to rc flying? If so do you have any models yet or is there anything we can do to help you on deciding the right model for you?
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old May 27, 2011, 12:07 PM
Airplane Dope
USA, WI, Rio
Joined Nov 2009
329 Posts
If you are new to RC flying, my first piece of advice would be Get a sim. I learned a lot on just free sim and $20 sim TX. Here's a link: http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-dyu-1002.html
AddictedToRC is offline Find More Posts by AddictedToRC
Last edited by AddictedToRC; Aug 26, 2011 at 10:32 PM.
Old Jul 01, 2011, 11:23 PM
USA, CA, Livermore
Joined May 2010
438 Posts
Hi guys
Thinking of totally modding my T-28. Where is everybody?!?!?!
RCSwitz18 is offline Find More Posts by RCSwitz18
Old Jul 05, 2011, 04:52 PM
DX5e fatal flaw- PM me!!!!
United States, NY, Cortland
Joined Sep 2010
2,839 Posts
Too busy flying or going on vacation
CNY_Dave is offline Find More Posts by CNY_Dave
Old Jul 09, 2011, 08:59 AM
Australia, New South Wales
Joined Feb 2011
206 Posts
I am too busy flying to go on vacation....
bart70 is offline Find More Posts by bart70
Old Jul 09, 2011, 09:37 PM
"I'd rather be flying..."
United States, SC, Beaufort
Joined Mar 2004
259 Posts
Ultra micro light kits

SF Design Solutions micro lighting kits are designed for the ParkZone and E-Flite ultra-micro (UMx) F-4U Corsair, T-28 Trojan, P-51 Mustang and Mosquito. Kits are also available for the UMx Beast.

The 1S (3.7-4.2 volt) micro light kit weighs 2.5 grams and and consists of red/green wing-tip navigation lights, blue tail light and white landing light. A red flashing LED tail light is available upon request. The 5-light micro kits (Mosquito and Beast) have an additional (white) landing light. The lights run full time and are powered by the stock 1S battery pack (or 2S for the Beast) . Flight tests have demonstrated 6 to 8 minute flight times at normal power. Installation involves opening the fuselage, routing the wiring harness and taping it to the airframe. The wiring harness plugs directly into the AR6400 X-port and sip power at approximately 10mA per 6 minute flight.

**The Nano-JST plug is only compatible with the AR6400 series combination board and is not compatible with the AR6300**

Prices are $15 shipped for the 4 light kits (F-4U, P-51, T-28) and $18 shipped for the 5 light kits (Beast and Mosquito). Visit www.sf-design-solutions.com for more information. You can also follow a thread on HorizonRcFlyers.com. LCS
LtColSpit is offline Find More Posts by LtColSpit
Old Jul 10, 2011, 09:52 PM
Joined Dec 2006
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcplanekid View Post
OK. So I have to stay with 1S to use same guts? Guess i'm stuck getting only AP03 or 2g motors. I was asking is because on one 5g motor at HK it said it doesn't really run on 1S.
If it can take it weight wise, get a 5pack of the MiniJST extentions from hobby king or some place, you will need to sacrifice one. cut one in half. cut another one very close to the battery end. Now with the two halves and the one long one strip about 1/2" of each wire. twist all three reds together, twist all three blacks together. now put some electrical tape on the exposed wires. You can now run two cells together or one(just don't use the Y). You don't double the voltage this way, you split the current draw between the two. doubling flight time.

We just wired it in parallel. Voltage is the same, current/load is shared equally between the sources. if you wire it in series you make current the same and the voltage doubles for two cells.

I have some extensions and other stuff coming and might wire up a Y.
Nova5 is offline Find More Posts by Nova5
Old Aug 17, 2011, 03:55 PM
Joined Jun 2004
78 Posts
I try the GWS 5x3 and the 5x4,3 yesterday and i am disappointed
the 5x3 ist slower than original and the 5x4,3 take to much amp and decrease the flighttime. OK it gives the T-28 a little more Power and it flys faster.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 03:57 PM
Joined Jun 2004
78 Posts
Nova
thats a great idea on a windy day u can added weight and have a little more Power and longer flytime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova5 View Post
If it can take it weight wise, get a 5pack of the MiniJST extentions from hobby king or some place, you will need to sacrifice one. cut one in half. cut another one very close to the battery end. Now with the two halves and the one long one strip about 1/2" of each wire. twist all three reds together, twist all three blacks together. now put some electrical tape on the exposed wires. You can now run two cells together or one(just don't use the Y). You don't double the voltage this way, you split the current draw between the two. doubling flight time.

We just wired it in parallel. Voltage is the same, current/load is shared equally between the sources. if you wire it in series you make current the same and the voltage doubles for two cells.

I have some extensions and other stuff coming and might wire up a Y.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 05:25 PM
DX5e fatal flaw- PM me!!!!
United States, NY, Cortland
Joined Sep 2010
2,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingfred View Post
I try the GWS 5x3 and the 5x4,3 yesterday and i am disappointed
the 5x3 ist slower than original and the 5x4,3 take to much amp and decrease the flighttime. OK it gives the T-28 a little more Power and it flys faster.
Stock motor and LiPo?
CNY_Dave is offline Find More Posts by CNY_Dave