HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:29 AM
Airplane Dope
USA, WI, Rio
Joined Nov 2009
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanDara117 View Post
When my trojan finally dies, maybe in a year, do you think i could transfer the gear over to a dumas walnut scale plane? that would be awesome. But i got get some weight specs for the bare micro t 28 airframe and a bare dumas walnut scale frame. to google!!
You probably could, I'm gonna do the same thing and transfer to a cessna(pics earlier in this thread)(and it will be BrushLess)
AddictedToRC is offline Find More Posts by AddictedToRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2011, 11:14 AM
Maintain Thine Airspeed !
Wiltshire UK
Joined Apr 2010
349 Posts
Q - Servo chatter constantly on Micro T28????

Been setting up the T28 for a friend who is a bit Tx phobic (he has a Dx6i)

All works fine including dual rates etc. but it never stops chattering, and quite loud too.

Is that normal for the receiver and little servos in this model?

I have the Parkzone Ember2 and it very rarely makes any noise.

Nice model the T28, can wait to see my buddy fly it.
Redbrickman is offline Find More Posts by Redbrickman
Old Jan 28, 2011, 11:52 AM
DX5e fatal flaw- PM me!!!!
United States, NY, Cortland
Joined Sep 2010
2,839 Posts
It pretty much always sounds like it's trying to send morse code.

It is so loud because, I think, the aileron servo is glued directly to the wing which makes an awesome sounding-board.

Dave
CNY_Dave is offline Find More Posts by CNY_Dave
Old Jan 28, 2011, 12:00 PM
Maintain Thine Airspeed !
Wiltshire UK
Joined Apr 2010
349 Posts
Thanks, the sound won't bother him when flying, I just wanted to check that it was a defect.
Redbrickman is offline Find More Posts by Redbrickman
Old Feb 10, 2011, 06:55 PM
Airplane Dope
USA, WI, Rio
Joined Nov 2009
329 Posts
What do I need to do to use a 2S? Anybody?
Old Feb 10, 2011, 07:01 PM
DX5e fatal flaw- PM me!!!!
United States, NY, Cortland
Joined Sep 2010
2,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcplanekid View Post
What do I need to do to use a 2S? Anybody?
All new guts. A 2S is double the voltage.

If you want more power and longer flying times, you want a higher-capacity battery with a better C rating, like a hyperion 160mAh.

Dave
CNY_Dave is offline Find More Posts by CNY_Dave
Old Feb 10, 2011, 07:04 PM
Airplane Dope
USA, WI, Rio
Joined Nov 2009
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY_Dave View Post
All new guts. A 2S is double the voltage.

If you want more power and longer flying times, you want a higher-capacity battery with a better C rating, like a hyperion 160mAh.

Dave
OK. So I have to stay with 1S to use same guts? Guess i'm stuck getting only AP03 or 2g motors. I was asking is because on one 5g motor at HK it said it doesn't really run on 1S.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 07:14 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,618 Posts
Quote:
OK. So I have to stay with 1S to use same guts? Guess i'm stuck getting only AP03 or 2g motors. I was asking is because on one 5g motor at HK it said it doesn't really run on 1S.
Take a look at this post: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=957
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Feb 11, 2011, 09:43 AM
Airplane Dope
USA, WI, Rio
Joined Nov 2009
329 Posts
Thanks!
Old Mar 04, 2011, 11:40 PM
Joined Dec 2008
19 Posts
Here are some "Mods" I made to my Micro T-28
Mayhem at Maidu (1 min 0 sec)
jeffkix is offline Find More Posts by jeffkix
Last edited by jeffkix; Mar 05, 2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old Mar 05, 2011, 02:48 AM
United Kingdom, Coventry
Joined Oct 2010
166 Posts
Quote:
Nooooooo, go 2s, you wont regret it. double power makes these things come alive. i have a 2 cell sukhoi and currently planning the same on a p 51. you can properly tear up the sky with a 2s micro with very little downside, apart from planning for the position of the components, and the soldering. but you need to do that with a 1 cell anyway. the suk was my first plane of any type, and i converted it to 2 cell, so if i can, anyone can.

it isnt really true you need 'all new guts'. the brick and servos are the same (assuming the t 28 is the same as the mustang and suk). you just need an ap05 motor (this is 'the' motor for 2s as its high quality, 5 grms and produces 110 gram thrust with a 5030 prop) , turnigy plush esc and a diode for a tried and tested solution. doing 2 cell is not much more work or cost than a 1s bl (for FAR more satisfaction), as bl motor and esc are also required for a 1 cell and they cost about the same. search for remes 2 cell sukhoi. its is pretty much the 'standard' for a 2 cell.
Anomalous is offline Find More Posts by Anomalous
Old Mar 11, 2011, 10:09 AM
Airplane Dope
USA, WI, Rio
Joined Nov 2009
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomalous View Post
Nooooooo, go 2s, you wont regret it. double power makes these things come alive. i have a 2 cell sukhoi and currently planning the same on a p 51. you can properly tear up the sky with a 2s micro with very little downside, apart from planning for the position of the components, and the soldering. but you need to do that with a 1 cell anyway. the suk was my first plane of any type, and i converted it to 2 cell, so if i can, anyone can.

it isnt really true you need 'all new guts'. the brick and servos are the same (assuming the t 28 is the same as the mustang and suk). you just need an ap05 motor (this is 'the' motor for 2s as its high quality, 5 grms and produces 110 gram thrust with a 5030 prop) , turnigy plush esc and a diode for a tried and tested solution. doing 2 cell is not much more work or cost than a 1s bl (for FAR more satisfaction), as bl motor and esc are also required for a 1 cell and they cost about the same. search for remes 2 cell sukhoi. its is pretty much the 'standard' for a 2 cell.
But---I need a new RX board for a 2 cell conversion, right? The RX in the Mustang and Trojan is the AR6400 but the one in the sukhoi is the AR6400L. different. and only the 6400 works with my LP5DSM. I know I don't need a new RX board for the BL conversion but don't I need a different one for the 2S conversion, right? I'm saving up for a DX7 but it will probably be a long time, so I couldn't use a 6400L.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 02:02 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
But---I need a new RX board for a 2 cell conversion, right? The RX in the Mustang and Trojan is the AR6400 but the one in the sukhoi is the AR6400L. different. and only the 6400 works with my LP5DSM. I know I don't need a new RX board for the BL conversion but don't I need a different one for the 2S conversion, right? I'm saving up for a DX7 but it will probably be a long time, so I couldn't use a 6400L.
You can run an AR6400 off of the BEC of the ESC (2S or 3S) if you add a $.50 Diode from Radio Shack:

UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Mar 11, 2011, 02:13 PM
Airplane Dope
USA, WI, Rio
Joined Nov 2009
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
You can run an AR6400 off of the BEC of the ESC (2S or 3S) if you add a $.50 Diode from Radio Shack:

Thanks a lot! What is the white wire(and the sign or whatever is kinda like this: _/-\_) called?
Old Mar 11, 2011, 02:19 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Thanks a lot! What is the white wire(and the sign or whatever is kinda like this: _/-\_) called?
That is the signal wire. Servo wires are +, - and Signal.

The diode is any 1N4004, 1N4005, etc diode.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN