HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:34 PM
Joined Aug 2012
342 Posts
Those links are straight from an mCX2. I cut two of the balls off of a swash plate, and carefully drilled holes through the remaining shafts and almost through the end of the ball (using a bit that matched the wire size). I glued the balls to the aileron linkage wires with epoxy.

There is probably a better way to make those linkages. I just happened to see those parts in my stash, and envision them on the plane.
Matt Ls Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Matt Ls Thumbs
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:44 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,864 Posts
Matt, you are a genius. Dubro makes some parts like that, but yours weigh less and look great.
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Last edited by Saxguy1000; Aug 24, 2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 08:50 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,563 Posts
matt ls thumbs, did you see a noticable change in speed adding that carbon strip to the wings? i ask because my plane already has the extra weight of full time gear and the drag that goes with it.
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:52 PM
Łódź, Poland, Europe
Poland, Lodzkie, Lodz
Joined Apr 2012
56 Posts
Hi guys. I`m reading this thread for a few weeks, now is the moment to say "hello" My name is Jack, I`m from Poland...
I`ve done mod with carbon fibre 4x1mm, through whole wings, from tip to tip (glued with thin layer of epoxy). Now it weights 6g. more, but: dihedral is a lot smaller, roll rate is much faster. Whole plane is little bit nervous, but i like it. Climb rate is maybe 25% smaller, but I`m waiting for GWS 5030 - it should help.
Anybody know diameter of hole in GWS?

Sorry for my english...
sherman77 is offline Find More Posts by sherman77
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:55 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Your English seems fine to me.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Aug 28, 2012, 03:47 PM
Newbe learning everyday!
United States, OH, Parma Heights
Joined Aug 2012
792 Posts
what a great thread I love my t-28 just the way it is.I fly it fearlessly like I do my champ! only one new fuselage so far!
dbdukeboy is online now Find More Posts by dbdukeboy
Old Aug 28, 2012, 05:15 PM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,563 Posts
added a cf strip to her today. a good bit of dihedral is gone so her maiden flight should be interesting. wondering about the added weight and cg possible change. only one way to find out. as long as she is more responsive and trims out ok i dont mind working harder. its been pretty easy up till now.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:41 PM
Newbe learning everyday!
United States, OH, Parma Heights
Joined Aug 2012
792 Posts
Well I went on my maiden flight tonight with my ill t-28 and it's new fuselage. Did not go well just could not get it to trim.it used to fly so nice. I have no down elevator and it just seemed to sound louder. It is a new motor and gear box as well. The prop would just stop when I throttled down. On the bright side I flew my um p-51 for the first time, AWESOME!!!!,
dbdukeboy is online now Find More Posts by dbdukeboy
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:50 PM
Joined Aug 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd View Post
added a cf strip to her today. a good bit of dihedral is gone so her maiden flight should be interesting. wondering about the added weight and cg possible change. only one way to find out. as long as she is more responsive and trims out ok i dont mind working harder. its been pretty easy up till now.
Your CF strip is right about at the desired CG. The closer to CG it is, the less it affects CG. If it's dead-on, it will not affect CG at all. I think you'll be OK.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:27 PM
UMs & parkflyers... for now.
United States, VA, Herndon
Joined Apr 2012
3,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman77 View Post
Anybody know diameter of hole in GWS?
I believe GWS props are 4mm... http://www.microflight.com/Prop-EP-5043

There are adapters for other diameters... http://www.microflight.com/Online-Ca...dapter-Set-4mm
davidterrell80 is offline Find More Posts by davidterrell80
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 29, 2012, 02:55 PM
Łódź, Poland, Europe
Poland, Lodzkie, Lodz
Joined Apr 2012
56 Posts
Walter, right like on my t-28 . Battery goes about 10mm back with that setup, but nothing to worry. Smaller dihedral will afect way it fly... Like I said, more roll rate, almost none self centering effect. But it fly more scale now
Old Aug 29, 2012, 06:13 PM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,563 Posts
so after the post cf strip install flights i realized i actually had to move my battery a little bit forward and do some trimming but she still flys great. it requires more focus as she is not as forgiving but im ok with it. still love her.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 08:47 PM
Joined Aug 2012
342 Posts
That pulled a lot of dihedral out of your wing. Mine is not flattened nearly that much.

I used epoxy with a form to enhance the dihedral of the final assembly, but of course that is quite a bit more work. I was putting on a new fuselage at the time though, so it wasn't so much extra.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here: I am under the impression that dihedral helps if you turn the plane with only the rudder, or only the ailerons. With less dihedral, you need to ensure that you're using both ailerons and rudders in turns, perhaps some up elevator too.

Not a problem; just a bit different from what you were used to.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:55 PM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,563 Posts
i flew her the same way i have been which is without rudder but she does handle differently in the turns. i will need some more time with this new set up to get it in muscle memory. i ran 8 batteries through her today and really enjoyed her. just different. she will drop a wing in the wind easier now so no looking away. i had about 115 flights on her stock set up so im due for a change. once i get a calm day i will be able to see better her flight characteristics. today was first day with cf strip and it was pretty windy. didnt help with trimming but i got it sorted pretty good. just happy she still flys with the extra weight too. wasa bit worried.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 06:02 AM
Łódź, Poland, Europe
Poland, Lodzkie, Lodz
Joined Apr 2012
56 Posts
With cf stripe I feel she`s more aerobatic, do You? More sensitive and less forgiving. But the fighters are just like that