SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 23, 2012, 06:28 PM
Standing Athwart History
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Mar 2011
641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWMP View Post
Thanks Guys and thanks for the link saxguy this is the sort of info I was after.

I'm not looking at modifying so much as fixing/reinforcing the front end. Also the reason I ask about the paint is to rapir the now missing paint on the front. I just bought 4 x 160mah nano-tech batteries from Hobby King so that I can rotate them and stay at my local oval for longer. However, now I am concerned that if I was to run 5-6 batteries one after the other it might burn out the motor or ESC. Is that true? I am in Melbourne and the temp is 91 today (33celcius)

It really is a great plane, I was flying around inverted yesterday until I forgot that the controls were reversed and dove straight into the ground! opps. But the plane is still fine. I think it has plenty of power for my level of experience at the momnet but I might look at getting some of those thunder power batteries down the track or if I get the pole cat one day.
I give it a few minutes' rest between batteries to cool off.
roo_ster is offline Find More Posts by roo_ster
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:11 PM
Joined Nov 2011
30 Posts
500 mah bettery!!
Crob56 is offline Find More Posts by Crob56
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:36 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,180 Posts
A 500mah batt is just to heavy for my Trojan. Limits it's flight envelope.
Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:25 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,865 Posts
I use the 250mah batteries that I have for the Blade Tandem. They work great.
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:18 PM
Joined Nov 2011
30 Posts
Mine flies fine with the 500 but i also have a 150 and the stock
Old Mar 01, 2012, 06:05 AM
Less Work More Play
Australia, VIC, Ferntree Gully
Joined Jan 2012
88 Posts
I bought 4 x 160mah nano-techs, so far they are performing great.
LWMP is offline Find More Posts by LWMP
Old Mar 09, 2012, 03:51 PM
Joined Nov 2011
30 Posts
I always get bored before the 500 goes dead. I'm not doing many loops or rolls, that's probably why I don't notice much difference.
Old Mar 09, 2012, 11:54 PM
Novice in training
United States, NC, Statesville
Joined Aug 2011
708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWMP View Post
I bought 4 x 160mah nano-techs, so far they are performing great.
That is what I run in mine. 6 minutes of flight time and only cost $1.50 + shipping. Hard to beat. JMO
JoshB is offline Find More Posts by JoshB
Old Mar 16, 2012, 04:51 PM
Joined Mar 2012
15 Posts
Hey guys my mod was to strengthen the nose of the plane and the wings.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1609196

I altered it because the nose was broken in a way that i couldn't repair it with glue

also after modding it while it does strengthen the areas you add it to it will eventually transfer the force of a crash to the weaker parts.

Check it out would love to hear some opinions of it
djsoccerstar5 is offline Find More Posts by djsoccerstar5
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:02 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,865 Posts
That's a great repair job. How much weight did it put on the nose?
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:03 PM
Joined Mar 2012
15 Posts
Um I am not sure but it doesn't feel like much and flew well after I did it. the only problem is after I crashed it with it strengthened it breaks farther back in the plane.

I flew it straight down into the ground at full throttle and did no damage to nose. But it split right behind the wing. It was easy to repair and this time I only used a little CA glue.

I wish I had a scale so i could tell you though because I am interested too.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:13 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,865 Posts
Well, not so much interested in total weight--just if you had to rebalance the airplane. Evidently, you didn't have to do anything. The T-28 has a lot of room for adjustment. It leads me to believe that I could mount my camera on it and not worry much.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:33 AM
Joined Mar 2012
15 Posts
Possibly what Camera do you have I was looking for a camera I could use
Old Apr 26, 2012, 03:09 PM
Registered Noob
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined May 2011
332 Posts
2s brushless re-maiden

Hey All,

I decided to try to fix my 2s brushless trojan now that the weather is getting nice, and its a lot easier to take the um t-28 to a local park, than my PZ P-51 to the flying field (1 hr away).

Last year I did the 2s brushless conversion using parts from my wrecked HK Nataku, it had the 5A/2s esc and 8g 3700kv motor I needed. Along with the great diagram posted here for the diode mod, it took about 1 hr to do the conversion. I decided to use the plastic firewall from the Nataku to mount the motor, and glued the whole thing inside the fuse. AUW with 2s180 was 60g (yikes).

I can't remember what happened, but it didn't seem to fly right, like the motor was cutting out. I read about the external ESC can get rebooted depending on how its connected, and thought that was the issue, and gave up on the t-28 until now.

Yesterday, I opened her up, took a look, re-plugged in the esc, everything looked ok, so I spun her up with a gws 5x4.3 and a tiny prop saver (c-10, black screws), and everything seemed fine. Holding the wing at the tip, I did a little finger/thumb/wing thrust test, and the plane was able to rotate beyond straight up @ WOT, so I think I'm getting more than 1:1 thrust.

Took her to the park this morning for her re-maiden, light wind, maybe 5-10km. I checked CG, right around where it should be (and where my carbon rods are aligned as well). Gave her a toss @ about 60% power, started climbing right away, hard to control, touchy, but flyable after a few secs. I took my stock TX since I didn't feel like hauling my DX6i, and I think its going to take a while to get used to 0% expo again.

Only got about 5 mins into my first pack when I nosed in fairly hard, and pushed the plastic firewall back into the fuse, rattling around, d'ohhh, more repairs, try it again tomorrow. Below are some pics.

protocol
protocol is offline Find More Posts by protocol
Last edited by protocol; Apr 26, 2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 08:39 PM
I live on LiPos
United States, DE
Joined Jul 2012
691 Posts
subscribed
RcAirplaneNoob is offline Find More Posts by RcAirplaneNoob