HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 11, 2011, 09:40 AM
Airplane Dope
USA, WI, Rio
Joined Nov 2009
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buratino View Post
My T-28 motor now became very hot, after 5mins of flight it melted the hot glue which I used to fix the motor in and slide out of the gearbox. Is it a sight of the motor wears out?
Hmmm, I never had that problem.
AddictedToRC is offline Find More Posts by AddictedToRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2011, 10:52 AM
United States, PA, Butler
Joined Jun 2006
1,003 Posts
I think I am ready for better batteries like you all recommend. All I have is the E-Flite 150s since they are available on the way home from work.

Last night, I realized I now do more than just cruising around scale like as if I'm on patrol. Last night I was pulling all kinds of maneuvers and running full throttle far more than I use too. With 1 battery, the motor is nice and smooth, which is the little 120 that came with it. All of my 150s start pulsing the motor after 2 minutes or so. I still have lots of scale like flight time after 2 minutes, but WOT performance is significantly decreased in that I can't pull full round loops, can't pull smooth Immelmans or hammerhead turns. With the little 120, which I never ran until recently, I was amazed at the smooth maneuvers. I had thought I had a control surface out of wack, which the elevator is slightly, creating the poor maneuvers I was experiencing. I think it's just the batteries.

Now I wonder if the old motor is shot or not. Going to order some Nano-Tech batteries and try them out since I'm too poor for Hyperion, TP, or Miniaviation.
mrodgers is offline Find More Posts by mrodgers
Old Sep 11, 2011, 01:15 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedToRC View Post
No. I don't think they will....but I don't know.
that sucks
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Sep 11, 2011, 01:33 PM
Airplane Dope
USA, WI, Rio
Joined Nov 2009
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie View Post
that sucks
yeah, ikr? but I'll see if they will.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 09:06 AM
DX5e fatal flaw- PM me!!!!
United States, NY, Cortland
Joined Sep 2010
2,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buratino View Post
My T-28 motor now became very hot, after 5mins of flight it melted the hot glue which I used to fix the motor in and slide out of the gearbox. Is it a sight of the motor wears out?
If you have the stock motor, yes, could be the motor failing. Does it seem normal in every other respect?

However, mine with the solopro motor melted the hot glue I used for mounting just flying hard on a hot day.

If it 85 or 90 degrees F, could be low-temp hot-melt glue just melts at too low a temp.

Dave
CNY_Dave is offline Find More Posts by CNY_Dave
Old Sep 20, 2011, 01:17 PM
Pilot, Co-pilot, Navagator
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,788 Posts
my mod, a vivtar mini digital camera strapped to the belly, and a HK linear servo. take pictures from the air!
nemoskull is offline Find More Posts by nemoskull
Old Sep 20, 2011, 01:24 PM
Airplane Dope
USA, WI, Rio
Joined Nov 2009
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemoskull View Post
my mod, a vivtar mini digital camera strapped to the belly, and a HK linear servo. take pictures from the air!
Nice! I tried to do that with my keychain cam and trojan, but it didn't work....
Old Sep 20, 2011, 03:09 PM
Pilot, Co-pilot, Navagator
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,788 Posts
yeah, mine too. the first time around i tired to hit the button with the servo, but it was too weak. so i opened up the camera, and soldered wires to the switch contacts, then used those with the servo. works much better.
nemoskull is offline Find More Posts by nemoskull
Old Sep 20, 2011, 04:17 PM
Airplane Dope
USA, WI, Rio
Joined Nov 2009
329 Posts
Quote:
yeah, mine too. the first time around i tired to hit the button with the servo, but it was too weak. so i opened up the camera, and soldered wires to the switch contacts, then used those with the servo. works much better.
oh....By the time I did that, my trojan was too beat up to fly, and so was the keychain camera.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 04:37 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,142 Posts
I am considering a rebuild of my first old T. I will have to fashion a new front end. My old beater has a big nasty hole underneath the nose where there used to be fuselodge. hahaha. I think I will make that and put a ap05 BL motor under her hood. Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:23 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,864 Posts
Quote:
How did you work it to trigger the camera?
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Oct 05, 2011, 05:49 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
im wondering if anybody has ever put magnets on the um t-28 to hold there canopy (tape is anoying)

Would these work
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/1_8_x_1_1...ueryId=1979770
Old Oct 05, 2011, 06:32 PM
Airplane Dope
USA, WI, Rio
Joined Nov 2009
329 Posts
Quote:
im wondering if anybody has ever put magnets on the um t-28 to hold there canopy (tape is anoying)

Would these work
Sure, those should work....try these too, they're easy to break so you can make them smaller, and they're cheaper too http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=7645
Old Oct 05, 2011, 06:42 PM
AAces High
United States, VA, Midlothian
Joined Feb 2009
2,070 Posts
Quote:

Would these work
I was wondering the same exact thing. Every time I turn around I have to open it for some reason. I have some 1/4" REM's but I'm worried about the weight... I could halve them.. Hmmm... Lemme break out the scale...

Reset
aeronaught is offline Find More Posts by aeronaught
Old Oct 05, 2011, 06:56 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedToRC View Post
Sure, those should work....try these too, they're easy to break so you can make them smaller, and they're cheaper too http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=7645
ok thanks just wondering have you done it to any of your um?